996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Loaner car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 06:41 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Blazin Civic
Heh I would rather get a hyundai then be caught dead in a boxster
COZ' YOU'VE PROBABLY NEVER DRIVEN A BOXTSER BEFORE! BWAHAHAHAH

Old 11-12-2004, 06:47 AM
Blazin Civic is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by 02barebones996
COZ' YOU'VE PROBABLY NEVER DRIVEN A BOXTSER BEFORE! BWAHAHAHAH
Actually I have. Drove a S. Great driving and handling car. Just not my cup of tea looks wise.

Old 11-12-2004, 06:50 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Actually I have. Drove a S. Great driving and handling car. Just not my cup of tea looks wise.
same here drove a civic si, vtec, dx, lx, etc.., wasnt a great handling or driving carnot great looking too, but cheap on gas. Just wan't my cup of tea either.

Old 11-12-2004, 06:50 AM
Crash is infamous around these parts
Lol, hey I don't got my TT yet. When I finish up school though . Either way the boxster is a good car but I would feel mighty gay in a boxster. Just looks like such a chick car or as my uncle calls it...a poor mans porsche (not my words boxster guys!). Atleast in a hyundai everyone just thinks i'm poor instead of gay haha. The high life will come oneday but for now it is just sticking to kicking cocky boxster owners asses in turbo civics.
Kicking Boxster asses? In a Civic? Maybe once in a while when it´s running. As for the Boxster being a gay car, it´s an extremely fun and well handling little roadster, light years ahead of any mighty Civic you may produce. Oh, and one more thing. If you really care what other people think of you based on your car, either being gay or poor, you need to check on your self-esteem.

Old 11-12-2004, 06:52 AM
Oops, missed the latest replies
In any case, the Boxster handles better than a 996TT, just so you know

Old 11-12-2004, 07:02 AM
You know this isn't a stock car right? In a straight line it really has nothing on a 2,200 pound 300whp car. Of course the boxster handles way better it is a FAR better chasis design then a civic. Civics only good for a straight line unless you spend way more than it is worth on suspension. Either way I don't look down on any porsches really except the boxster and that is only in terms of looks. Reason i'm here is to learn more about the cars before I eventually get one. My brother and uncle both had turbos in the mid 90s and that is what got me into the cars. I still kinda want one of those body styles.

Old 11-12-2004, 07:06 AM
You know this isn't a stock car right? In a straight line it really has nothing on a 2,200 pound 300whp car. Of course the boxster handles way better it is a FAR better chasis design then a civic. Civics only good for a straight line unless you spend way more than it is worth on suspension. Either way I don't look down on any porsches really except the boxster and that is only in terms of looks. Reason i'm here is to learn more about the cars before I eventually get one. My brother and uncle both had turbos in the mid 90s and that is what got me into the cars. I still kinda want one of those body styles.
Well, I got to drive a 993 C4 and while I prefer a 996 due to its refinement the 993 just has that charm in it. Good choice

Old 11-12-2004, 07:11 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
I looked up Cayenne crash testing and couldn't find data, but the Accord was in at the top of the list.
yeah, ur probably right - we'd probably be just as safe in a lower, lightweight accord when slammed into by an suv (btw, what % of autos out there are pick ups or suvs?) than we woud be in the cayenne. it never ceases to amaze me what kind of silly *** arguments some people will make just so they can argue.

while ur researching, please let us know how many more times likely u r to DIE if involved in an suv accident while not being in the suv. the facts and statistics merely reinforce what ur common sense "should".

Old 11-12-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by ben, lj
yeah, ur probably right - we'd probably be just as safe in a lower, lightweight accord when slammed into by an suv than we woud be in the cayenne. it never ceases to amaze me what kind of silly *** arguments some people will make just so they can argue.
You also must realize the higher your center of gravity the more prone you are to a roll over. Especially if you are hit from the side or spin out at a high speed. Some SUVs are safer then others but they are all more likely to roll then an accord or any car with a lower center of gravity.

Old 11-12-2004, 07:18 AM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by russbert
In the beginning (where have I heard that?) ... I used to get Boxster loaners but doesn't happen anymore. However, my dealership has always been extremely flexible in offering the "type" of car I need at the particular time.

Example: if I need to move someone or buy lots of stuff from Sam's I have gotten a Cayenne, van and even a Cadilliac once. If I want a car with great gas mileage I have received a Corolla S, Camry or similar vehicle. Bottom line: I have a great dealer (finding out this more & more) who works with me to meet my needs.
it helps when A) you are a nice guy and B) you live in a good midwestern town like Cinci (? is that right?)

Old 11-12-2004, 07:20 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
You also must realize the higher your center of gravity the more prone you are to a roll over. Especially if you are hit from the side or spin out at a high speed. Some SUVs are safer then others but they are all more likely to roll then an accord or any car with a lower center of gravity.
interesting. the cayenne at the factory test track in leipzig managed to oversteer quite controllably at triple digit speeds instead of rolling over. you'll notice this thread on which you are defacating is not about "some suvs" or piece of **** honda civics, but instead about receiving crappy loaners which are not as safe as the $100k porsche suvs we bought for the safety of our families

Old 11-12-2004, 07:22 AM
Carolina Speed
Originally posted by NoMercy
When I lived in Honolulu and bought my cars from BMW of Honolulu, I always got a nice loaner based on who's vehicle was in for service. For my wife it was either a 5series or a 3 series. For me it was always a Z3, Z4 even an M3. I had purchased an 01M3, 01X5, 01Z8 and an 02 M5 from them and they always took good care of me. Red carpet stuff.

When I moved to Denver the tables were turned. I was treated no better than a guy off the street who had never purchased a vehicle before. I was told that had I purchased a vehicle from them things would change ... needles to say I currently own no BMWs.

When I move back to Honolulu I'll get BMWs again.
That is unfortunate, and I'll bet BMW fans (dealers) hate to hear stories like that. We would all like our particular brand to be "better than the rest" in all areas

Old 11-12-2004, 07:22 AM
Look what you're comparing. Oversteer at triple digit speeds to accidents. After you address that issue compared to basic safety on the road I will continue this with you.

Old 11-12-2004, 07:30 AM
Carolina Speed
The high life will come oneday but for now it is just sticking to kicking cocky boxster owners asses in turbo civics. [/B][/QUOTE]

I guess the proper comparison would be a turbo boxster vs. a turbo civic, wouldn't it? BTW, you need to listen to the new song by The Clarks entitled, "Hell on Wheels." There is a message in it just for you.

Old 11-12-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by james
The high life will come oneday but for now it is just sticking to kicking cocky boxster owners asses in turbo civics.
I guess the proper comparison would be a turbo boxster vs. a turbo civic, wouldn't it? BTW, you need to listen to the new song by The Clarks entitled, "Hell on Wheels." There is a message in it just for you. [/B][/QUOTE]
To a certain extent yes. On the other hand if you look at the fact a boxster cost a bit more then my entire project I would say no. Either way the two cars are apples and oranges.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Loaner car