996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Loaner car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 07:34 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Blazin Civic
Look what you're comparing. Oversteer at triple digit speeds to accidents. After you address that issue compared to basic safety on the road I will continue this with you.
well, i'm not surprised some ricer who is into straight line speeds while admitting his *** gets eaten alive in the handling department by the "gay" boxster is having trouble understanding the connection between oversteering INSTEAD of rolling over and basic safety. the point is, unlike "some suvs", the cayenne is not at all prone to rollover. in fact, i might even go so far as to say at road legal speeds, it is not more prone to rollover than most any car. hence, you get the ride height and mass safety advantages (which are gravely important when having an accident with another suv) without any of the roll over risk.

Old 11-12-2004, 07:34 AM
WARDHOG is infamous around these parts
Lol, hey I don't got my TT yet. When I finish up school though . Either way the boxster is a good car but I would feel mighty gay in a boxster. Just looks like such a chick car or as my uncle calls it...a poor mans porsche (not my words boxster guys!). Atleast in a hyundai everyone just thinks i'm poor instead of gay haha. The high life will come oneday but for now it is just sticking to kicking cocky boxster owners asses in turbo civics.
Have you ever seen a poor man drive a Boxster? A 50K car is really not in a "poor man's" reach. Do you or you uncle have 50k to plunk down on a "poor man"s" Porsche? Maybe you're spending to much money on your car and it's making you a "poor man". When I had my Boxster, the women loved it and I'm very far from being Gay. As far as kicking Boxsters in your T/civic, not every Porsche owner wants to race a pimple face kid in a POS honda civic. Not worth the gas.

Old 11-12-2004, 07:36 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
To a certain extent yes. On the other hand if you look at the fact a boxster cost a bit more then my entire project I would say no. Either way the two cars are apples and oranges. [/B][/QUOTE]

so then why did you make the ludicrous comparison?

Old 11-12-2004, 07:44 AM
Blazin Civic is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by WARDHOG
Have you ever seen a poor man drive a Boxster? A 50K car is really not in a "poor man's" reach. Do you or you uncle have 50k to plunk down on a "poor man"s" Porsche? Maybe you're spending to much money on your car and it's making you a "poor man". When I had my Boxster, the women loved it and I'm very far from being Gay. As far as kicking Boxsters in your T/civic, not every Porsche owner wants to race a pimple face kid in a POS honda civic. Not worth the gas.
Does he yes....his list is something like shanks minus the lambo but I certainly don't. Yes I do spend to much money on my car and it is making me poor. So to answer the other posts I will say ok maybe it was a mistake comparing the two cars. A lot of assumptions going on here also. I made the comparison just because I (key word here, I) think they are a little fruity. A friend of mine had a 2002 boxster S and we used to race all the time so yes it was a real race. Regardless a straight line drag race is NOT the boxsters realm anyway and I admit to the fact I have no hope on a real race track. So either way I apologize if I offended anyone I just don't like the car to much and it was made to be a little joke and sort of blew up.

Now for the cayenne. While of course it will do better then other SUVs in an accident (for the price it better) I'm still not convinced it will be less likely to roll over in comparsion to a normal height car. Since we were comparing it to the safety of an accord I still say it is a less likely car to rollover.

Old 11-12-2004, 07:45 AM
WARDHOG is infamous around these parts
You know this isn't a stock car right? In a straight line it really has nothing on a 2,200 pound 300whp car.
Is that horsepower been measured with a true dyno or your assdyno? How can you justify that remark? I'd say maybe your car has no more than 160 hp. Turbos don't make POS a superPOS. I bet a stock S2000 will whip your car's ***.

Old 11-12-2004, 07:53 AM
It has been on a dyno. The car was tuned on the dyno because it is using neptune (similar to hondata). Basically it lets the ECU read boost and control the 550cc injectors. Much like the chips you guys get this chip is programed custom to my car to add fuel and pull timining in boost. Only dyno I have is my old dyno but it will still prove your 160hp theory wrong. It is my low boost dyno using a restrictive downpipe at the time. Low boost now should be around 225whp with the new downpipe but I have no exact way to measure since I didn't re-dyno it. New sheets will be posted once I re dyno the built block going for 350 to the wheels.
http://www.evans-tuning.com/dynos/anthony200whp.jpg

Old 11-12-2004, 07:54 AM
Also on that dyno my boost controller was being retarded and not giving me full boost as soon as it should which explains why I seem to be getting a large amount of lag.

Old 11-12-2004, 09:37 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
hey look from the bright side. going from hyundai to ur Porsche is such a joy feeling almost like the first day u bought ur car... at least that's what i do when i got a POS rental

Old 11-12-2004, 09:45 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by 20C4S
hey look from the bright side. going from hyundai to ur Porsche is such a joy feeling almost like the first day u bought ur car... at least that's what i do when i got a POS rental
That is so true!!!

Old 11-12-2004, 02:17 PM
Aron is infamous around these parts
Those who get loaners, do you put gas in before you return 'em?

I have a Cayenne S in my driveway right now while my 996 is getting the sunroof sorted. Funny thing, it has a $73k sticker! I would be handing out stripped V6's if it were me. But I usually get a Cayenne, sometimes Audi Allroad, or Boxster.

Local BMW gives Pontiac Grand Am's.
Local Benz gives Olds or Saturns.
Local Infiniti gives Infiniti's.
Local Lexus gives Lexus, or Camry's in a pinch.
We'll see what Audi gives.

North Scottsdale dealers have Hertz on-site. When I took the 996 I got a compact car for free (Mazda Protege) but had to prepay $5 for gas.

Old 11-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Aron is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ben, lj
Yes, and those dealers which are courteous, get biz.
Ben - You're SO RIGHT. (Refer to sig.)

Old 11-12-2004, 02:27 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Aron
Those who get loaners, do you put gas in before you return 'em?
as far i know i'm responsible for the gas but not the tires & brake!

Old 11-12-2004, 02:28 PM
CA996 u return the tool kit yet??

Old 11-12-2004, 02:31 PM
CA 996 is infamous around these parts
Now Arling what on earth would I do with a tool kit from a Hyundai

Old 11-12-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by CA 996
Now Arling what on earth would I do with a tool kit from a Hyundai
didn't know Hyundai makes Boxster...

u return the first-aid kit yet??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Loaner car