996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Loaner car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 09:33 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Loaner car

Isn't getting a loaner car from the dealer when you get your car serviced under warranty, part of the agreement with Porsche? I mean aren't they obligated to do so? I know at the Acura dealer they are. They always give me a Acura for a loaner. Porsche gives me to enterprise, who then gives me a hundia....I'm not a snob but c'mon I give them a 90K car they loan me a 14K car.

Old 11-10-2004, 09:53 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Re: Loaner car

Originally posted by neil.schneider
Isn't getting a loaner car from the dealer when you get your car serviced under warranty, part of the agreement with Porsche? I mean aren't they obligated to do so? I know at the Acura dealer they are. They always give me a Acura for a loaner. Porsche gives me to enterprise, who then gives me a hundia....I'm not a snob but c'mon I give them a 90K car they loan me a 14K car.
It's not even about being a snob. We bought the $100k Cayenne turbo in large part for its safety. The last time it was taken in for service, my wife (then many months pregnant) received a Honda. Now that we have a baby, the next time it goes in for the half dozen or more things currently wrong with it, I'll need to take it in (and pick it up) so they both aren't driving around in a flimsy economy car.

Old 11-10-2004, 09:58 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
When I got my CTT I brought it in for some minor issues. They also sent me to enterprise and put me in a Ford Focus. Filthy dirty and smelly too. When I bought the CTT I was told I'd get porsche loaners. I made a fuss and at my most recent service, I got a Cayenne as a loaner.

Old 11-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
My dealer told me because I din't buy the car from them that I was not entitled to a Porsche loaner. So off the enterprise for some s---box. I agree that when you spend $100 plus on a car you should be treated better!

Old 11-11-2004, 12:58 AM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
Newport Beach Auto Center always gives me a piece of **** that I have to laugh about. And they do smell inside as pointed out by Periokid.

Today I'mm taking my Mercedes to Fletcher Jones and expect a Mercedes as a loaner. Probably a C Class, but I'll live...

Old 11-11-2004, 01:04 AM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
At least the dealer offers you a loaner. McKenna will only provide loaners for "complex" service issue requiring multiple days. Only then will they authorize a measly enterprise POS.

Beverly Hills offers Porsche loaners on a 1st come, 1st serve basis. Unfortunately, they have drastically scaled back their Porsche loaner program, so unless you show up right at 7am, chances are that you will get an Enterprise.

Old 11-11-2004, 01:11 AM
SilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud of
last time i dropped the car off at mckenna, i got a convertible mustang...

i have nothing but good things to say about mckenna so far, unlike rusnak, which is only five minutes from where i live...

wish i got a porsche loaner - cayenne!

Old 11-11-2004, 01:17 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Who really cares, everytime I brought my car to Champion I got an Enterpirse car once in a while they would give me 1 of the 2 Boxsters they had. I just dropped of my MB for service and they have 60 MB loaners however they did not have one so I am in a brand new Jeep Liberty for the day (Today actually) no biggie.

How can you guys expect for Porsche with the amount of cars each dealer sells annually to have loaner cars the are the same Marque? What should they do give you a C4S as a loaner if you bring in a Turbo, seems last time my friend dropped off his 360 for service he was in an Enterprise car as well, Enterpirse has saturated the dealer loaner car market all over the US, and there cars are generally ok, problem is we are spoiled!

Old 11-11-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Marc996Miami
Who really cares, everytime I brought my car to Champion I got an Enterpirse car once in a while they would give me 1 of the 2 Boxsters they had. I just dropped of my MB for service and they have 60 MB loaners however they did not have one so I am in a brand new Jeep Liberty for the day (Today actually) no biggie.

How can you guys expect for Porsche with the amount of cars each dealer sells annually to have loaner cars the are the same Marque? What should they do give you a C4S as a loaner if you bring in a Turbo, seems last time my friend dropped off his 360 for service he was in an Enterprise car as well, Enterpirse has saturated the dealer loaner car market all over the US, and there cars are generally ok, problem is we are spoiled!
I don't give a schit if it's a Pcar or not, but would prefer whatever it is be similarly SAFE!

Old 11-11-2004, 01:30 AM
KLZ
KLZ is infamous around these parts
My dealer told me they don't have any P-car loaners, they only give us Ford trucks from Budget! I just wonder what do CGT owners get when they drop the CGT off for service?!?!?!?!?!

Old 11-11-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by KLZ
My dealer told me they don't have any P-car loaners, they only give us Ford trucks from Budget! I just wonder what do CGT owners get when they drop the CGT off for service?!?!?!?!?!
A large bill

Old 11-11-2004, 01:50 AM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
It's not that I expect a $100K car when I drop my turbo off for service, but I do expect something remotely comparable to what I bring in.

My parents both have Mercedes, and they always get MB loaners (Either a C-Class or ML350). One of my employees has a BMW. He gets a 3-series. My GF has a Saab. She get's a 9-3 or a 9-5. My aunt has an Infiniti. She gets a G35.

I think it's VERY reasonable to demand similar service for our very expen$ive P-Cars.

Old 11-11-2004, 01:59 AM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
I think it depends where you go and how much the service is. Downtown Porsche is pretty inexpensive. No loaners, but shuttle service. Auto gallery gives decent loaners but for the same service you pay about 30% more.

Old 11-11-2004, 02:08 AM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
Originally posted by trojanman
It's not that I expect a $100K car when I drop my turbo off for service, but I do expect something remotely comparable to what I bring in.

My parents both have Mercedes, and they always get MB loaners (Either a C-Class or ML350).

Just got a Chevy Impala from Fletcher Jones. Not bad, the chick outta love this one!

Old 11-11-2004, 02:36 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by trojanman
At least the dealer offers you a loaner. McKenna will only provide loaners for "complex" service issue requiring multiple days. Only then will they authorize a measly enterprise POS.

Beverly Hills offers Porsche loaners on a 1st come, 1st serve basis. Unfortunately, they have drastically scaled back their Porsche loaner program, so unless you show up right at 7am, chances are that you will get an Enterprise.
i dunno every time i take my car in for service they offer me a rental car, but most times irefuse since, i have a 3rd car taht i use.. who is your service manager? at mckenna ? talk to dominic he's a great service person,.. he's my service adviser, i followed him from pacific porsche when he moved to mckenna ... arling is also a happy customer of dominic.. give him a try out next time u go there.. tell him joseph/joe with the blue 996 sent ya...

oh yeah they only give enterpirse cars, i u want a boxster or cayenne, go to pacific porsche in torrance, ca and they will give u one if u make an appt. to take your car in for service..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Loaner car