996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

quick maf cleaning tip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 10:07 AM
sc_trojan has a spectacular aura aboutsc_trojan has a spectacular aura about
quick maf cleaning tip

first off, thanks to everyone here for all the various posts on cleaning the maf. you guys saved me $300!

I just wanted to say if the electrical contact spray cleaner does not work by itself, try using a qtip to clean all the various metal contact points. that is what did the trick for me. the spray alone didn't do it. I guess I had too much K&N oil on my techart (K&N) filter.

also, make sure when the maf is installed back, you got the arrow pointing in the right direction.

p.s. anyone want to purchase a techart filter.........

Last edited by sc_trojan; 08-27-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:11 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
lol at the for sale plug!

Just a note to those that might use the q-tip method: just be VERY VERY delicate with the q-tip as these parts are very fragile and can be ruined very easily using this method. Also, make sure you dont leave any stray fibers on the filaments.

cleaning the MAF is definitely one of those things that can save you a bunch of money and cure a poorly running car.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
You really shouldn't touch the wire at the end of the MAF...it's sensitive and can be easily ruined by rubbing it.....I've never heard of using a Q tip on it before...just the spray with the CRC and letting it air dry.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:53 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
i just used the elec cleaner and it worked like a charm . hey chuck nice to see ya. looked for you at euro sunday last weekend .got a new front lip commin from vivid and am tryiintotypewith my left hand (the strke hand) ok so the left hand stillis notpurfect yet..this is thr right hand typin now way better

Old 08-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to have missed you...was up in the mountains running the backroads with gusto....

Old 08-28-2009, 01:10 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Just toss it in the dishwasher a couple times a year.
Scrub your maf.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:11 AM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak
Just toss it in the dishwasher a couple times a year.
Scrub your maf.
Any particular detergent? We have hard water - does that matter?

Old 08-28-2009, 05:00 PM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by FAST FWD
Any particular detergent? We have hard water - does that matter?
Make sure you use that Jet Dry stuff to eliminate water spots--that makes all the difference

Old 08-28-2009, 05:04 PM
sc_trojan has a spectacular aura aboutsc_trojan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by g8rdmd
Make sure you use that Jet Dry stuff to eliminate water spots--that makes all the difference
Make sure it is a Bosch dishwasher for maximum effectiveness and compatibility. you will be able to feel the performance difference if you use anything else.