996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ever Had To Teach Some Kiddies a Lesson Like This M3 Driver?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 07:27 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Tommy Vercetti
There is a yellow EVO in my part of Jupiter. The guy has some mods on it and a real trick video system attached to a rollbar that is right in the middle of the front seats. Well I have run into him twice and busted him up both times by a good margin. I saw on the first race the vid camera was turned right on me so I know he was filming, but after his a$$ whooping I guess he "forgot" to post it on www.evolutionm.net. Even in that vid it is apparent how ugly that interior is. It screams rent a car all over it.. It is a $15K car w/ $15K worth of bolt ons and it feels/looks it. The EVO and STi are both such POS. My wife was screwing around w/ a STi one day on I-95 and she was getting right on his *** and hitting her Bi-Xenons to see if he would try to run from her. He tried and everytime he hit the gas she thought the rear wing was gonna fly off. It shook so bad under accel she quickly went around him to avoid any flying parts.
oddly enough, the modified subie i ran managed to do a hell of a lot better against my supercharged 996 than did the clown i ran in the crap *** dinan s2 m3 i blew away before he did a 180 across 4 lanes of traffic when braking hard (that dinan suspension musta been something real special to allow the rear end to break loose like that upon hard braking - his shaking - as in loose - muffler was amusing as well)! everytime we accelerated, the s2 just got decimated. that was not at all the case with the subie which stayed very close.

Last edited by ben, lj; 11-12-2004 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:31 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Must rank as one of my all time favorite vids..

Old 11-12-2004, 07:41 AM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
That was CLASSIC.... We get to have an "inside look" into delinquents getting a lesson in life........I'd love to have seen the video roll some more to here all the explanations

Old 11-12-2004, 08:09 AM
wantone is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
what exactly makes them Pieces of ****? it's a 30K baby racer. What do you expect? Full leather interior, etc?

I'm sure the dozen or so members on this board that have one or the other will definately disagree w/ you.
Well said. I'm just glad there are true car enthusiasts here who can appreciate sports cars at all levels. I'm going to go test drive an EVO and an STI for kicks this weekend.

Old 11-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Red C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to behold
I think that was Sharky in his EVO...

Old 11-12-2004, 10:05 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
finally got to see the video, either that guy didn't rev it out or his shifting totally sucked. Or both, that thing should of held up a lot better then that.

Old 11-12-2004, 10:27 AM
billhart is infamous around these parts
I have had all kinds of cars, from Ferraris to a WRX (still have a GT-2), but i gotta tell ya, for some reason, the M3 i have tends to attract boy racer wanna-be's, like almost no other car i have driven. Maybe its the average age of the person who lusts after an M3, but i've had more annoying behavior exhibited around the M3 on the road than virtually any other car in my experience. Funny video, though. "******."

Old 11-12-2004, 10:50 AM
Blazin Civic is infamous around these parts
Either the driver of the evo sucked or that M had some mods because an M shouldn't walk the evo THAT hard. I mean that is a serious loss. I'm going to lean towards a driving issue because those dudes in the evo seemed pretty gay.

Old 11-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
M3's always try to race me, then I remind them that its a Ferrari not a Civic

Old 11-12-2004, 11:52 AM
Volare is infamous around these parts
Tommy Vercetti – we are all aware that your S2 M3 is a better car then the EVO you run into, you pay for what you get, it is mechanical better. But why bring MONEY into it. Why does the price of the car matter? I’m sure all car enthusiasts would like to have a high end sports car, but they can’t all afford one, so they make do with what they have. Stating the price of the car and making fun of it is just snobby, then again, maybe you can be a snob. What’s with this sentence, “It is a $15K car w/ $15K worth of bolt ons and it feels/looks it.†, how do you know what a $15K POS feels like, how dare you come close enough to a $15k car that you can FEEL it, you should be embarrassed.

Not sure where Jupiter is, but if you were to take a weekend cruise on Highway 1 in So. California, there might be some people that could call your S2 M3 a POS, would that mean they like cars more then you or know more?

If money makes a difference, I hope you don’t run into a motorcycle. Off the line they could easily smoke your M3. Then that guy gets to laugh at you for wasting your money.

Be in it for the car, not what it does for your image.

Old 11-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
the evo and the sti r in a class between themselves... but for $32K u get ur moneys worth.... and maybe,most young kids cant afford to spend well over $$175k like I did on my turbo(including all my after market upgrades).
if I was 20 years old.. i probably would get an evo... alot of my friends have one... and for $5k they do 10.8 sec at 131mph all day long. I still have yet to see a porsche turbo, even as we speak today of the shoot out in vegas- where no one broke into the 10's...is a shame... we had top U.S.996 turbo tuners at the meet. a confidential source said that the fastest 1/4 mile was 11.1 sec.
and thats with well over $35k into it. what a shame. I believe that is the EVOLUTION car that dynoed 800 hp. So as a 996 turbo owner, a I also apprciate what some can do with a 2.0 liter engine.... BTW.. go to www.devotuning.com he is my friend, Adam, he has the fastest evo in the country.
www.devotuning.com
Adam Dubienczuk goes 9.61 at 147mph
On Thursday August 19th, Adam Dubieczuk went 9.61 at 147mph at Great Lakes Dragway in his
1993 Evolution II. �_It is now the quickest Evo II in the Country

2 WEEKS LATER... he did 8.71 @156 mph.
thats in a 1993 evo with 180k miles on the block.
thats impressive

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 11-12-2004 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:03 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Evo is a POS, IMO, sorry.

Old 11-12-2004, 12:09 PM
Volare is infamous around these parts
Does anyone else think that the driver of the EVO looks like a fat EMINEM.

Old 11-12-2004, 12:25 PM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is infamous around these parts

Old 11-12-2004, 12:27 PM
RU_MATRX is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Volare
Does anyone else think that the driver of the EVO looks like a fat EMINEM.
"Racingflix.com" is a great site with lots of films and entertaining discussions as you can see here on every race.

Fat Eminem. He sure was quiet after all of the trash talking at the light. Btw, he did seem really slow for an Evo VIII, kind of like he was short-shifting every gear and not too smooth on the shifts. Anyone else feel that from the sound clip?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ever Had To Teach Some Kiddies a Lesson Like This M3 Driver?