996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ever Had To Teach Some Kiddies a Lesson Like This M3 Driver?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 12:29 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by C4S Surgeon
Evo is a POS, IMO, sorry.

what makes you say that? It's a 30K car that could outrun your C4S. That's what it's meant to be.

Old 11-12-2004, 02:02 PM
ac_schnauzer is infamous around these parts
thanks for the sharing

Old 11-12-2004, 02:26 PM
blkgt3 is infamous around these parts
Funny thing that this thread got posted. I just test drove a white Evo(MR edition) tonight, and I have to say it's no POS for a 35K dollar car. The dealer said they don't let people test drive any Evos, but I guess they changed their mind after I pull in the dealership with my black GT3. They were marking up 8K over MSRP on the Evos, but they wanted to sell the car so bad that they offer at MSRP.
Tony
04 Black GT3
02 TiSilver SMG M3
02 BoxsterS
03 BMW X5

Old 11-12-2004, 03:50 PM
Moogle is infamous around these parts
haha... pwnd.

Old 11-12-2004, 06:21 PM
WARDHOG is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
It's a 30K car that could outrun your C4S. That's what it's meant to be.
The EVO will not outrun a C4S. Been there and done that, twice. Each time was a different car and beat them bad each time. A C4S beats C5s and pretty close sometimes on the Z06.

Last edited by WARDHOG; 11-12-2004 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:54 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
are we talking straight lines or around a track?

Old 11-12-2004, 10:59 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by WARDHOG
The EVO will not outrun a C4S. Been there and done that, twice. Each time was a different car and beat them bad each time. A C4S beats C5s and pretty close sometimes on the Z06.
Anything can happen on the street, but with equal drivers, a C5 will take out a C4S in a straight line. A Z06 will put many lengths on it.

Old 11-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
And I guess POS is a relative statement. While the Evo or STi is no super sports car or luxury cruiser, it is a great, alternative if you're in that market. I looked at both cars as 4th cars before I bought my POS Honda and was pretty impressed.

Old 11-12-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Mr Kram
Anything can happen on the street, but with equal drivers, a C5 will take out a C4S in a straight line. A Z06 will put many lengths on it.
So wrong! I'm just an average driver and have beaten many C5s in my area. As far as a Z06, not to far ahead either.

Old 11-12-2004, 11:53 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
Look at these C4S guys go off. Comedy.

Why the hell one would pick a C4S over a Turbo is beyond me.

Sorry, man. You'd be hard pressed to take on an Evo8. The MR will kill you. The Turbo will kill you. The C5 will whoop you on an auto-x course. The Z06 is a Turbo rival which makes the C4S awfully... wtf?

Get real, bud. Nice car, but bro, it's the red-headed stepchild of the 996 line-up.

Old 11-13-2004, 12:09 AM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Originally posted by Benjamin Choi

Sorry, man. You'd be hard pressed to take on an Evo8. The MR will kill you. The Turbo will kill you. The C5 will whoop you on an auto-x course. The Z06 is a Turbo rival which makes the C4S awfully... wtf?

Get real, bud. Nice car, but bro, it's the red-headed stepchild of the 996 line-up.
Benjamin:

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of Porsche do you have? Just curious. Not meant by any means to be a flame.

T

Old 11-13-2004, 12:26 AM
So wrong! I'm just an average driver and have beaten many C5s in my area. As far as a Z06, not to far ahead either.

as I stated, in a straight line or a road course? I was refering to a road course. the evo isn't that quick in a straight line.

Old 11-13-2004, 12:35 AM
Like I said, anything can happen on the street. If you're average, those C5 drivers suck.

My previous Porsche was a 99 C4 with full bolt-ons and heads and cam work. It put down 309 RWHP. With 50 more crank HP than you I would run neck and neck with a regular C5.

Stock for stock a 405 Z06 would give a TT all that it could handle, so I'm pretty sure it would give a C4S a decent whooping.

Old 11-13-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Benjamin Choi

Right! Question, how many horses do you think a 2003 C4S has?

Old 11-13-2004, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Mr Kram
Like I said, anything can happen on the street. If you're average, those C5 drivers suck.

My previous Porsche was a 99 C4 with full bolt-ons and heads and cam work. It put down 309 RWHP. With 50 more crank HP than you I would run neck and neck with a regular C5.

Stock for stock a 405 Z06 would give a TT all that it could handle, so I'm pretty sure it would give a C4S a decent whooping.
You must still be using 1999 specs because thats some old *** info you're putting out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ever Had To Teach Some Kiddies a Lesson Like This M3 Driver?