996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ever Had To Teach Some Kiddies a Lesson Like This M3 Driver?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 02:13 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by WARDHOG
You must still be using 1999 specs because thats some old *** info you're putting out.

you guys are rated at 315, right? So essentially approx 250 ish given the loss through the system to get to the ground. He's not that far off. He was using his 99 specs where he laid down 309 to the wheels.

I still doubt you keep up w/ a well driven z06 as it's a solid mid to low 12 second car (high 11's have been recorded on stock cars) it's a TT contendor . But as stated, it all depends on who is the driver.

the C5's are laying down 330ish to the wheels out of the stock LS1.

again, are you talking about a straight line or around the track?

Old 11-13-2004, 02:22 AM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Correct, I'm talking about WHEEL HP in my 99, not CRANK HP. At the crank, I would estimate about 365-370 or so which would be 50 more than a stock C4S at the crank.

Were you guys racing in the snow?

Old 11-13-2004, 02:43 AM
KiddJoey is infamous around these parts
WOW !! As I'm reading everyone's post, for a moment it felt like I must of been sent to ricerkidz.com ?!! I'm faster than you and you don't know what your talking about kind stuff is what you'll find with the kiddie wannabe forums but not on 6speedonline?

Racers beware, someone is always faster. I recall when my car was a high 12 second car and was walked by a beatup looking early 90s Sentra and they were filming (thank goodness I never saw that). Just give respect where respect is due and move on.

Old 11-13-2004, 02:55 AM
WARDHOG is infamous around these parts
All I know is my C4S weighs 3241lbs and has 320 hp at crank. I have and will continue to take down c5s all day long on straight or if I can, on the track. It's not the fastest car in the world but, I'm happy with the performance.

Old 11-13-2004, 02:58 AM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by KiddJoey
WOW !! As I'm reading everyone's post, for a moment it felt like I must of been sent to ricerkidz.com ?!!
You got that right, I noticed alot of new members posting in this thread defending their cars.

Old 11-13-2004, 03:39 AM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
KiddJoey, we all know that someone else out there is faster, but we are talking about stock for stock in this instance.

Old 11-13-2004, 04:05 AM
I hear you Mr Kram... and math/physics proves C4S can't hang with C5. But the problem is and it rears it ugly head even further on ricer forums, is when is someone racing and who gets the jump... it's such a subjective moment because Johnny Honda tells all his friends that he walked a 996tt when in reality Mr. 996tt was sipping his coffee when Honda boy decided they were racing.

A stop light or horn beat start is the only decent street measure and how often do we do that? Generally speaking, any car that runs 12 seconds or faster will go to the one who gets the jump unless you wind it out to jail speeds.

Old 11-13-2004, 04:58 AM
I hear you Mr Kram... and math/physics proves C4S can't hang with C5. But the problem is and it rears it ugly head even further on ricer forums, is when is someone racing and who gets the jump... it's such a subjective moment because Johnny Honda tells all his friends that he walked a 996tt when in reality Mr. 996tt was sipping his coffee when Honda boy decided they were racing.

A stop light or horn beat start is the only decent street measure and how often do we do that? Generally speaking, any car that runs 12 seconds or faster will go to the one who gets the jump unless you wind it out to jail speeds.
Unless you have beaten a C4S in a stock C5, you're talking smack because you haven't done it. I've done it and I don't lie! That's all.

Old 11-13-2004, 05:18 AM
Well WARDHOG, trying not to get sucked in here... but I've beaten both C4S and C5 and my experience proves the math correct? The C5 gives me a closer match but again that is subjective because it wasn't a ready-set-go race with either?

I don't think anyone is calling you a liar, just probably wasn't an even race?

Old 11-13-2004, 05:31 AM
And that's why I qualified my original statement with "anything can happen on the street."

Old 11-13-2004, 05:32 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by MARKSKI
I still have yet to see a porsche turbo, even as we speak today of the shoot out in vegas- where no one broke into the 10's...is a shame... we had top U.S.996 turbo tuners at the meet. a confidential source said that the fastest 1/4 mile was 11.1 sec.
and thats with well over $35k into it. what a shame. I believe that is the EVOLUTION car that dynoed 800 hp.
Markski, what you're saying is incorrect.

Did you read the March issue of European Car, when my old Protomotive 996TT ran 10.74@132.9?

Also, the Manthey Racing 996GT-MR will easily break 11's. Hell, even Koro's 4.6L GT3 will run a 10.9 without turbos....

The Shootout in Las Vegas is only a sampling of a few U.S. tuners. For example, Protomotive couldn't even have their car ready in time.

Old 11-13-2004, 05:39 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
Straight-line talk about real sports cars designed to outbrake, outturn 99.999999 percent of cars out there...

but while we're on that topic.. i think the dude raced an automatic C5. i believe those are just as prevalent as tiptronics are in the 911 lineup (sad commentary)

Old 11-13-2004, 08:00 AM
Well WARDHOG, trying not to get sucked in here... but I've beaten both C4S and C5 and my experience proves the math correct? The C5 gives me a closer match but again that is subjective because it wasn't a ready-set-go race with either?

I don't think anyone is calling you a liar, just probably wasn't an even race?
I'm not saying no one was calling me a liar, I generally don't lie. But, I do have a site that does back up what I have been saying all along, somewhat. It does show some accurate times for a lot of cars that I have read up on. The speeds are 0-100KMP or 0-62MPH. Click on the "Tracktest." I guess I'm a 911 S or if not the 911 C4S Cab. I believe the S4 gets spanked by the 911 C4S too.
Track Challenge

Old 11-13-2004, 11:08 AM
Talking

Interesting link Wardhog.

As for the S4, can't argue stock vs stock... only not very many of us are stock

S4 timeslips
p.s. My car falls in the 12.2 to 12.5 range depending on fuel.

Last edited by KiddJoey; 11-13-2004 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:33 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
THIS THREAD IS SO GAY!

Last edited by Shawn C; 11-13-2004 at 11:35 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ever Had To Teach Some Kiddies a Lesson Like This M3 Driver?