996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How my spouse ruined my driveway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Sub4 is infamous around these parts
Give her a big hug, and then hand her a scrub brush, bucket of hot water, and some Dawn.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:50 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
ok so i was bumb.... some years ago i bought a 76 porsche turbo. got it home and checked the oil like a good car guy... oh look it's real low so i added oil til the dip stick was at the line(new porsche guy and did not know it was a drysump car) started it up and off to pick up the pizza i went in my 76 turbo(it was about 3 years old) suddenly a cloud of smoke and i thought i had been sold a car with bad rings or valves then i relized it was drysump car stupid .. pretty dumb move for a car guy steve

Old 09-01-2009, 05:20 PM
DR REKLESS is a name known to allDR REKLESS is a name known to allDR REKLESS is a name known to allDR REKLESS is a name known to allDR REKLESS is a name known to allDR REKLESS is a name known to all
its your fault for having drive that peace of crap while you roll around in your turbo

Old 09-01-2009, 06:00 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Look now she's so sorry....

Attached Images  
Old 09-01-2009, 06:17 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
It could be worst....

Attached Images   
Old 09-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
God bless a woman who'll put oil in her own car. Ya gotta love her for that. I could barely get my ex-wife to put gas in hers. Hence her title "ex." Don't be mad, she was trying to handle it.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:59 PM
frog1 is infamous around these parts
the silver lining is that your wife has a hell of patience and dedication! my wife would have lasted 1 minute doing that and ask that I finish the job myself!

Old 09-01-2009, 08:07 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Not sure what kind of pavers, but perhaps just flip them over? I have a a couiple of areas of pavers and got epoxy overspry on them. Just flipped them. (The are the same both sides, laid on gravel, decomposed granite and sand...

Old 09-01-2009, 08:21 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
My mother inlaw did them same thing but she washed out a syrup bottle, filled it with motor oil then squirted the oil down the dip stick tube.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:15 PM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by function12
My mother inlaw did them same thing but she washed out a syrup bottle, filled it with motor oil then squirted the oil down the dip stick tube.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:56 PM
frankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to all
No worries, Haus!

Seen way worse in the motorcycle industry. The customers came to us with all kinds of stupid on a regular basis. Case #1

Customer pulls up on his Honda CBR, complaining that it's leaking oil.

"Where's it leaking from?" I ask.

"All over, man!"

I go to look. Sure enough, there is a fine coat of fresh oil completely covering the engine case. Some of it has gotten onto the exhaust and
the appropriate smoke and smell follow.

I check the oil fill cap, and it is snug.

I have him sit on the bike, and pull up the kick stand.

I look at the site glass to see the oil level. I see no line of fluid in the site glass, and I am unable to identify ANY obvious leaks from the engine.

It truly seems to be coming from "all over"!

"When did you change your oil last?"

"Just a little while ago!"

"How much did you put in?" I ask.

"I filled up all the way, man!"

"All the way to where?" I ask.

"All the way to the top!"

"The top of . . . ?" I ask, pointing to the site glass, which has the lines
for min. and max.

"Till it come out the hole!"

Frustrated with this customer's inability to communcate, and knowing that the bike is supposed to take 3 quarts in an oil change, I ask

"How much oil did you put in it?"

"Oh, it took a lot . . . about 9 quarts!"

We simply charged the gentleman for an oil change and sent him down the road, not knowing how long the motor might last!

Old 09-01-2009, 10:27 PM
1schoir is infamous around these parts
At least you are still at home after talking about it here.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Sami is infamous around these parts
Now that is bananas, some people do not bother doing any research or having no common sense.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:40 PM
996garage is infamous around these parts996garage is infamous around these parts
Purely by coincidence I had my contractor out this whole week to do some additional paver stone work on the side of the house. He'll be removing the stained stones and putting new ones in tomorrow, so it shouldn't cost me too much extra.

He said he could try chemically treating the stones and then power washing them, but since he's already there building a path from the driveway to the side of the house, he might as well just put new stones in to replace the stained ones.

I couldn't flip the stones because there's a slightly rounded ridge on the top side of each stone.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:45 PM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 996garage
Okay, I normally would never post anything to bash my spouse, but I felt I had to share this story. The wife has an Audi A6 bi-turbo which she has to add in oil every now and then just like our 996TT's. I've shown her on many occasions how to add in oil to her car. I even have a stack of funnels, paper towels, and oil for her car in one corner of the garage.

So this past weekend her low oil light comes on, so she goes to add the oil which she had done before. Later the next day she tells me that her car was leaking oil and showed me several huge oil puddles and a trail of oil all the way down the paver stones on our driveway.

I asked her how the heck she made such an enormous mess. She said that he funnel was too big for the oil spout, so it spilled all over. I was thinking, WTF is she talking about because the funnel spout is only 1/2inch wide. I had her show me what she did.

She proceeded to pull out the dip stick and tried to pour oil in via the dip stick tube!!! She had basically poured an entire quart of Mobil1 oil onto the dip stick tube, where 99% of it ended up on the driveway! I was in a state of shock, anger over the damage she caused to the driveway, and laughing my *** off over what she did. Am I the only one who's spouse (wife or husband) had done something totally ridiculous to the car?

Unfortunately oil cleaners didn't work, so now I have to replace a ton of stones in my paver driveway. That's going to cost me...
I knew I was in for a treat w/ your opening sentence. Your 1st mistake was trying to teach a woman anything mechanical LOL j/k. Don't worry, I told my wife about your story and she asked "Huh? The oil doesn't go in there? Where does it go then??"

Originally Posted by function12
A for effort, F for execution.

This video might be fitting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXi8...eature=channel

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: How my spouse ruined my driveway