996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tial alpha 3076's are on and WOW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 12:18 AM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
thanks art!! how your beast coming along??
Originally Posted by art4iza
Nice video, looks like those new turbos shoot up quick and hold nice. Congrats again!!

Old 09-05-2009, 12:21 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Coming along slowly but surely. We just posted up some pics, check it out.

Originally Posted by colorinc
thanks art!! how your beast coming along??

Old 09-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
I wonder how good those turbos would work on 997 gt2!!

Old 09-08-2009, 02:22 PM
gtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
I wonder how good those turbos would work on 997 gt2!!
About to find out.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gtovan
About to find out.
You r installing regular GT3076R's or tial alpha GT3076R's??

any idea what is the difference?

Old 09-08-2009, 06:46 PM
gtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud of
Tial Alpha 3076's. The shop owner (original poster's tuner) doing the install approved of them.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:48 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Did you run external wastegates with this setup??

Originally Posted by colorinc
just wanted to give a shout out to jake and the guys over at Tial Sport for putting together a top notch complete turbo kit the craftsmanship is amazing.. i was really impressed! the part that made me the most nervious was the waterline install but with there adapters and fittings made it real straight forward ... the turbos came with hanger brackets oil line and tank adapters preset 1 bar wg actuators everything needed was in the kit Great Job Tial!!

After a custom tune from todd over at protmotive and the rain letting up i finally had a chance on monday to turn it up 1.4 bar (110 octane) and let her eat... all i can say its scary AWD sideways in 2nd with new tires scary !! when you mat it in 3rd grear be sure your pointing straight and there is no one in front of you for a long way.... as for delivery the power is linear (thanks to the quick spool ball bearing CHRA) and it just does not choke on top i am very impressed and it may be the last set of turbos my hotrod gets

total install time including porting my headers 8 hours... i would recomend this kit to anyone loking for a topnotch high tech well put together turbo pkg that makes awesome power.. not even in the same ballpark as the k24/20gs i replaced

thanks Tial and Protomotive

tim

Old 09-28-2009, 03:03 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
Did you run external wastegates with this setup??
no Tim did not.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Good looking turbos, congrats on the upgrade!

Old 02-06-2010, 05:27 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
You r installing regular GT3076R's or tial alpha GT3076R's??

any idea what is the difference?
Old thread but I am curious about this question.

These turbos and a full 3 inch exhaust are possibly my next mods.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:29 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
I can Ansewer for Tim, He installed the Alpha's

Old 02-06-2010, 08:43 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Old thread but I am curious about this question.

These turbos and a full 3 inch exhaust are possibly my next mods.
Sean, seems like a waste of money if you are not willing to turn up the boost on your motor. The turbos are a great unit, I have had a great experience with them, but I would think there would be little, if any,difference at the 1.5 bar you are comfortable running compared to the straight 76r's that you have. BTW, how did the last round of upgrades turn out? Any improvement to the 60-130, I only ask since I have been so busy recently I havent followed much on the board and may have missed your thread.....

Old 02-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Kevin,

Car runs even stronger now and the sound is glorious! No new 60-130 yet, busy w/ work and life but love the new set up.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:02 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Tim, decent weather will be here in a couple months. When do I get a ride?

Old 06-22-2010, 11:35 AM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
congrats!!!! post numbers and videos

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tial alpha 3076's are on and WOW