996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tial alpha 3076's are on and WOW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 10:12 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Tial alpha 3076's are on and WOW

just wanted to give a shout out to jake and the guys over at Tial Sport for putting together a top notch complete turbo kit the craftsmanship is amazing.. i was really impressed! the part that made me the most nervious was the waterline install but with there adapters and fittings made it real straight forward ... the turbos came with hanger brackets oil line and tank adapters preset 1 bar wg actuators everything needed was in the kit Great Job Tial!!

After a custom tune from todd over at protmotive and the rain letting up i finally had a chance on monday to turn it up 1.4 bar (110 octane) and let her eat... all i can say its scary AWD sideways in 2nd with new tires scary !! when you mat it in 3rd grear be sure your pointing straight and there is no one in front of you for a long way.... as for delivery the power is linear (thanks to the quick spool ball bearing CHRA) and it just does not choke on top i am very impressed and it may be the last set of turbos my hotrod gets

total install time including porting my headers 8 hours... i would recomend this kit to anyone loking for a topnotch high tech well put together turbo pkg that makes awesome power.. not even in the same ballpark as the k24/20gs i replaced

thanks Tial and Protomotive

tim

Attached Images      
Old 09-02-2009, 10:25 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
nice tial has always made great products, where are you located?

Old 09-02-2009, 10:34 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
grand rapids,mi

Originally Posted by OS Inspector
nice tial has always made great products, where are you located?

Old 09-02-2009, 10:34 PM
bimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to behold
Awsome, i currently have the 20gs with full proto setup with stock internals, can you explain more detail on the comparison between both? At what rpm does peek boost hit?i assume they pull hard up top. Thanks again and congrats!

Old 09-02-2009, 10:37 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Wicked setup. I'll ask the obligatory question that someone will ask if I don't..... gonna have numbers for everyone soon?

Old 09-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by bimmer81
Awsome, i currently have the 20gs with full proto setup with stock internals, can you explain more detail on the comparison between both? At what rpm does peek boost hit?i assume they pull hard up top. Thanks again and congrats!
ok so i have not had time to datalog or vbox the new setup(the wifey keeping me plenty busy) but i do have a ton of seat time with the 20gs the car is my dd

i hit full boost 1.4 bar around 3800 rpms this is me just glancing it far to violent to stare at it... the tials come on real smooth and feel like a na car with a ton of power..... ok so with the 20g set up i had to run the ebc at 82% to hit 1.4 bar with the tial setup i run it at 56% for 1.4 bar

as far as seat of the pants the tials at 1.1 bar feel like the 20gs at 1.4 bar

Old 09-02-2009, 10:50 PM
soon! im off to the us nationals this week... so were looking right after labor day

Originally Posted by flash68
Wicked setup. I'll ask the obligatory question that someone will ask if I don't..... gonna have numbers for everyone soon?

Old 09-02-2009, 11:46 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by colorinc
soon! im off to the us nationals this week... so were looking right after labor day
your setup sounds like the ultimate daily driver.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:03 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Congrats Tim on a great setup! Give us some V Box when you can!!

Old 09-03-2009, 08:13 AM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by colorinc
grand rapids,mi
Next time i am at Gingerman , i would love to check out your car. This might be the next turbo for me.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:24 AM
bone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura aboutbone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura about
Congrats, thats a great looking kit!! How much is the complete Tial kit?

Hope to see some 60-130s or traps pretty soon, GL with the car

Old 09-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Sounds like you are having fun with the car Tim! Those turbos are some bad SOBs!

Old 09-03-2009, 11:30 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Congrats Tim, with the new technology you will be very happy with those

Old 09-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Congrats! I look forward to hearing more about these and the numbers you can produce. I just recently joined the TIAL family myself with some A28's (stock motor). Hopefully that's the last turbo I'll ever need as well...

Old 09-03-2009, 01:18 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
would love to see your vbox numbers before(20g's) and present.
Have fun with it! it sounds scary!! I love a ride in that!! lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tial alpha 3076's are on and WOW