996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

standard GT3076R's vs Tial Alpha GT3076

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
standard GT3076R's vs Tial Alpha GT3076

Hey guys

What is the differnce between them? i'm talking about spooling, hp/tq...etc

Old 09-09-2009, 02:47 PM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
Alphas spool quicker, and flow more (58lb/min vs 52)

Old 09-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TiALSport
Is it the SS turbine housing? overhere
http://www.tialsport.com/prod%20ss%20turbo.html#sgt3035

So both standard and Tial Alpha differnce is the housing only?? or both housing and internals??

Old 09-09-2009, 10:14 PM
nanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TiALSport
Don't the units have the same compressor wheel?

Old 09-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
A 3076r with a .82 spools up at 4K... one with a .63 maybe 250 rpms faster.... ( in our testing over the years on our own cars)...
With that said, I want to share my own experience with upgraded wheels etc...
I had gt35rs with .82s... then I switched to HTA gt35rs with .82s.... the HTA wheels were "supposed" to spool up faster and produce more power(according to the manufacturer)... not the case on my car though.. the spool up was the same and HP was very similar as well... all this was on my own car... nothing else changed.... ( dyno proven as well).
The testing for those HTAs was done on a Evo at 35+ psi .... they did spool up faster and produce I believe 70 rwhp more then the standard gt35rs... but at twice the boost levels, if not more, then what we run on our P cars...
My conclusions are purely just an opinion based on my own experience on my own car and by no means negatively directed towards any manufacturer discussed in my post.

thanks in advance,
mark

ps. I def. would like to try one of those on a car... hopefully soon...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 09-10-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:13 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Mark, by spools up, you mean FULLY spooled...

Old 09-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nanokpsi
Don't the units have the same compressor wheel?
No they do not.

The alpha 3076's have a billet compressor wheel. A standard 3076 has the off the shelf garret piece.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:38 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Good info,
thanks to Mark, Tony and Tial for the updates.

Great stuff in turbo technology, cant wait to hear more about your turbos, Markski !

Old 09-10-2009, 08:41 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Good info,

Great stuff in turbo technology, cant wait to hear more about your turbos, Markski !
Marski please send Marty some upgraded turbo's for the Mommy Rocket.Name:  coolsmiley.gif
Views: 1073
Size:  3.7 KB

Old 09-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Good info,

Marty,

Let me know when you want to put a 35r and water injection on the v70r... we have that file already covered .

Old 09-10-2009, 08:57 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Marty,

Let me know when you want to put a 35r and water injection on the v70r... we have that file already covered .
OH MY GOD now you have done it Tony,the phone calls will be starting soon.Name:  evilplans.gif
Views: 1088
Size:  3.8 KB

Old 09-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
OH MY GOD now you have done it Tony,the phone calls will be starting soon.Attachment 104959

Ha. The motors are a little weak, but we can get him to 450 all wheel or so no problem =). Its a very similar DME (ecu) to the 996tt .

Old 09-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Mark, by spools up, you mean FULLY spooled...
yes full boost....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL