996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Big Game Hunting in Goliad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 12:47 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Your shiit will not stink! Betim does awesome work!
Good luck
Robert

Old 09-12-2009, 03:13 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Rob

Are you really going to run your car in a timed event?

Jag

Old 09-12-2009, 03:15 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Really? Well let's think about that for a second. You are in the top 10 quickest 60-130 cars here. I only know of a couple that are actually showing up to the mile much less this BiG Game call out. You have a pretty good chance.
Yes, true, but from 10 to 1 happens fast!!! and no 1 is no joke!!!

Old 09-12-2009, 03:16 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
The mile is not a timed event, it is a distance event. I will be there hopefully having a good time.
Robert

Old 09-12-2009, 03:18 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
The mile is not a timed event, it is a distance event. I will be there hopefully having a good time.
Robert
Rob

Pardon my ignorance, is this event similar to the Texas Mile? If so good luck and lets see you hit some record numbers.

Jag

Old 09-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Jag
No worries and thanks for the luck, I will need it!
Robert

Old 09-12-2009, 03:41 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Robert
Back to answering the question, is your 996tt going to make at least one full pass? You can have a good time watching and you can have a good time driving. So you can see why I am hestitant to trailer my Z06 all the way down to Tx....

Old 09-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Jamie
So you are saying that your life and the decisions you make are based on what I do? I will be there and I hope to do some driving, some watching and just having a good time. You are more than welcome to come and hang out.
Cheers
Robert

Old 09-12-2009, 09:21 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Interesting as many of these same folks will be at the Mile.
Peter
Peter,
I would guess that part of this is directed towards me?If not then sorry and disregard.First off i have nothing to prove regarding my cars performance.I have competed in the Texas mile and submitted and posted the P-box data from the mile run.I have also participated in drag events back when the car was a GT800 and GT700 and posted the vids.I am heading back to the Texas mile(at no small cost) to compete again because i feel we have improved the car and could possibly do better.Myself or my tuner have never made any claims as to the cars projected performance rather we have let the car speak for itself.It would have been real easy to sit on my couch at home and tout the improved dyno numbers over the ones from the March Texas Mile and guess about what the car is capable of.

As for the slight hard time i have given Rob.Rob rants about his street racing victories and having never lost a race(although i have recieved PM'S contradicting this claim) and after posting his admittedly very impressive dynos has yet after 2 years to submit his car to any objective data.Furthermore he has Pm'd people as to running 227 in the Texas Mile(there is a vid of it I believe we are all still waiting for somewhere) prior to my car doing 231 in an effort at undermining the accomplishment.We all know Rob has a fast car,maybe the fastest but where i am from if you are gonna talk the talk you have to walk the walk.I am sure Rob is a very nice guy and cool in person and will applaud him if and when he "walks the walk".

Now as for the "Big Game" hunting in Mexico.I most definetly will not be participating in this "event".Don't get me wrong ,I have engaged in Mexico "fun" albeit in a less powerful car and on a Mexico highway i know very well along with where all the "exits" are.First off, my car will be set up(height wise,and with a chute)to run the mile.Yeah i wont attract any attention with the local authorities driving around with a chute after they get a whiff of the month long,several page long,on several different forums publicizing the Big Game "event".Secondly,why would i travel all the way to Goliad to timed event on a closed course only to end up street racing on a road i have never been on risking my life and the life of the innocent public.I am not going to be on the front page of some local newspaper.Not to mention threads like this one makes it premeditated if anything were to happen.Its kind of silly to me and a risk i am not taking.Third and most important of all my business and my income depends heavily on my Commercial drivers License.I can not take the risk of jeopardizing this in any way as my family depends on it.

Having said all this ,I am in no way backing down from any performance measurement Rob or anyone else wishes to compare from the mile.I thought the mile was the accepted end all in performance measurement?I will have a P-box and a couple of extra ones for any one that wishes to compare their cars to mine or anyone elses.I will say again i will compare data with anyone that wishes.After my shakedown runs getting used to the chute and the new setup i will make a couple all out passes.After this I will do some dedicated 60-130's and 0-300kph runs to see what i can get out of the car.I will post these as i did with the run recorded from the March Texas mile and anyone running the mile can do the same if they wish to compare.I believe Todd would do the same with the 997 although i think most will decline a comparison with it .I am not afraid of losing and will tip my hat to those that are faster(I am sure there are many).I hope I have explained myself sufficiently.

p.s. Rob ,good luck against those 1500rwhp Vipers and Lambos.

Last edited by joetwint; 09-12-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Jamie
So you are saying that your life and the decisions you make are based on what I do?
Robert
Rob, apparently you have confused yourself with me

Old 09-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Well said Joe. No offense to anyone but I would NOT want Joe to have his car out on the streets with the chute and everything. I know how loud his car is, mainly because mine with straight pipes and external wastegates is equally as loud and he would pull cops from miles away to us. Plus if we pass a officer and he's got a chute on the back... You know something is up. Plus the cops aren't stupid... They know what is going to happen in and around the event...

Old 09-12-2009, 09:53 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
LOL, nice book Joe......I stopped reading at "If not then sorry..." No, my post was not directed at you, hell it was not really directed in anyone in particular! We just want to see some racing!
Peter

Last edited by houstonT; 09-12-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Sean
How is your arm?? There must be a connection between your arm and your brain? Since your injury, there has not been one song, not one comical comment nor anything ! Dude, do you need an antidepressant? Come out come out where ever he may be.... 6speed has turned into deadspeed with out you!
Robert

PS
Joe, nice post and good luck to you as well.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:41 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Jamie
So you are saying that your life and the decisions you make are based on what I do? I will be there and I hope to do some driving, some watching and just having a good time. You are more than welcome to come and hang out.
Cheers
Robert
Rob, you don't exactly have a reputation for telling the truth, so I asked a very simply question.....if I trailer my Z 3k miles to run you on the street, are you going to come up with another excuse not to run? Yes, my decision to even consider trailering my Z down to Tx (again) would be dependent on whether you will actually run your car on the highway. But no, my life decisions are not based on what you do. I figured you are mature enough to understand the difference.

I and a few others want to see actually how fast your 996tt is. You beat my Z, I'll shake your hand and give you the respect you deserve. But it's no beig deal either way....I'm just bored running the same local guys, and I think it would be a good run.

Oh, and thanks for allowing me to come down and hang out....

Old 09-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Jamie
I would love to run you from a roll......
Robert

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Big Game Hunting in Goliad