996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dual Imput (Snorkel) Airbox for Stock Dry Filter (Comments)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 04:33 PM
garrickl is infamous around these parts
Enoyskt ..... if you are going to fabricate the dual snorkle airbox in std black plastic .... how much do you think it will price out at?

Old 09-14-2009, 05:09 PM
garrickl is infamous around these parts
And does the dual snorkle airbox cause any reported problems with the factory MAF sensor?

Old 09-14-2009, 05:11 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boca996tt
can you get the dual snorkel set up and air box to work on a GT2 style decklid and wing?
no, it would require cutting some metal....

Old 09-14-2009, 05:12 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dick_997
have there been any documented gains with this mod?
nope

And does the dual snorkle airbox cause any reported problems with the factory MAF sensor?
nope...unlike some other intake mods...LOL

Old 10-06-2009, 06:01 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Do we have any developments on this? I would pull the trigger if it is an all plastic mod and MAY consider if the COMPLETE system is CF (if priced sensibly of course which probably rules it out for me).

I mean.....

COMPLETE Airbox front and rear with MAF Port in Stock Plastic or CF not a hybrid as it is now, with both left and right scoops in stock Plastic or CF. Problem being I would draw the line if it required a mortgage to pay for it.

Anyone seen a retrofit of the 997 TT Airbox for the 996 TT? I think with a plastic scoop for the left side it would be a good mod.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider
Do we have any developments on this? I would pull the trigger if it is an all plastic mod and MAY consider if the COMPLETE system is CF (if priced sensibly of course which probably rules it out for me).
I am confused, first you say
But IMHO very tacky. Why do people like the look of a Carbon Part stuck in the engine compartment. to me it looks like a bodge!
then you say you want the whole thing CF. Personally I think it looks fine the way Sportec designed it...and for me it had little to do with looks and more to do with how does it provide more air...as I am at high altitude...LOL

Old 10-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
CF isnt just for bling. Better heat properties, not sure over plastic however. wood would be best =)... the capex required to make plastic injected equivelants would cost even more. Perhaps the stock snorkel could be made in CF for those that prefer it to match or just have everything painted matte black.

performance, i believe the airbox is marginally larger? volume helps, IAT down helps.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:15 PM
enoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to behold
Hi guys, Im actually in stage 1 of development of a all plastic one. Will report back with some mold pictures soon Also working on a few other goodies ::shhh::

Old 10-06-2009, 12:34 PM
winnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boca996tt
can you get the dual snorkel set up and air box to work on a GT2 style decklid and wing?
you can...

Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2009, 12:47 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by winnigt2
you can...
Winni, Whose Ypipe is in yours? I think about putting it in but not sure which one will fitt.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:49 PM
winnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by aroonkl
Winni, Whose Ypipe is in yours? I think about putting it in but not sure which one will fitt.

Speed Tech Y Pipe ...ask John from Speed Tech

Old 10-06-2009, 12:59 PM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Originally Posted by enoyskt
Hi guys, Im actually in stage 1 of development of a all plastic one. Will report back with some mold pictures soon Also working on a few other goodies ::shhh::
That is what I like to hear. I would love regular updates on this. hopefully the added left hand scoop will use the same rubber seal as the stock one, then it will surely be EXCELLENT.

Sorry to the CF lover's. I just prefer the original Stock Look. To each his/her own. It would be different if all other parts in the engine bay were CF, but they are not.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:16 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
Question for dual snorkel users. Last week I got EVOM intake in my non-mod DD tt (only DV & exhaust). I feel better throttle resp and gain low-mid range torque. At high rpm I could not tell.
Question is "Do you notice the diff. when you put dual snorkel in? " Reason I ask cause I'm putting bigger Turbo+tune. If the myth haunt me as EVOM burns my maf, I might need to put dual snorkel instead. Thanks.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:16 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by winnigt2
you can...
So, what did you need to do to get the dual snorkle working for the GT2 ? I am really interested in your setup, as it makes sense to use both inputs from the spoiler intakes on the GT2, one per opening on the intake box. Looks great by the way.

Any performance figures for the gains from your dual setup? Thanks..

Old 10-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by 80shilling
So, what did you need to do to get the dual snorkle working for the GT2 ? I am really interested in your setup, as it makes sense to use both inputs from the spoiler intakes on the GT2, one per opening on the intake box. Looks great by the way.

Any performance figures for the gains from your dual setup? Thanks..
the second snorkel is from 997tt inlet decklid.....i cut out the opening for the 997tt inlet ....but it is not so easy to find the synchronisation between the opening from the airbox to the modified opening in the decklid, but possible to do. My first test was doing with the original Airbox. I cut the opening in the oem Airbox, but the flow from the Agency Airbox is a little better.

sorry my english is not the best

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dual Imput (Snorkel) Airbox for Stock Dry Filter (Comments)