996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dual Imput (Snorkel) Airbox for Stock Dry Filter (Comments)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 08:31 AM
powderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vividracing
Price is in your quote powderjay

Yes dgreen it will work with your GT2 wing, there is already a spot for it. Cut the fiberglass out and put the OEM rubber gromment piece and when you close it, walllaaa

Wow.. I was hoping for some extra love since I took a beating on the flash. Gues we'll make it up on the next part.

Paying customer with many mods to go.. Just saying!

Old 11-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Man I dont know people by there usernames... you have to CALL ME for that. If you want a carbon one that is ready right now, I will help you out.

Old 11-28-2009, 06:26 AM
gt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of light
Iam also intrested in this part , and i have sent you apm regarding your intercoolers...and i probably need a few more parts.

1. Shokwaverider
2. SC_Trojan
3. Billystang

I should have one to show you Dec 1. Others can think then and then I will take $100 deposits. Kit will look just like this put not carbon -
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...5-p-54604.html

Old 11-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Will get to your PM tomorrow as I was out of the office all week.

As far as the intake goes, I have one ready and will post pics tomorrow.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Former Vendor
Current List

1. Shokwaverider
2. SC_Trojan
3. Billystang
4. GT2RS

Old 11-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Former Vendor
Here are the pics as requested. We will have this as a new product for sale at $495. So the $350 Group buy is a deal!

Old 11-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Former Vendor
Current List

1. Shokwaverider
2. SC_Trojan
3. Billystang
4. GT2RS
5. garrickl

5 more guys, who is in?

Old 11-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Billystang is infamous around these parts
Group Buy

Here are the pics as requested. We will have this as a new product for sale at $495. So the $350 Group buy is a deal!

Dan,
I thought we only need the piece on the right to fit on the trunk and we can cut a hole at the OEM box to fit
If Im wrong correct me
Thanks

Old 11-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Former Vendor
Full kit only. But if you want to buy the snorkel only for $350, that is cool too

Old 11-30-2009, 10:43 PM
rlj996tt650gt is a name known to allrlj996tt650gt is a name known to allrlj996tt650gt is a name known to allrlj996tt650gt is a name known to allrlj996tt650gt is a name known to allrlj996tt650gt is a name known to all
Jeff please chill and delete your post. Lets move forward now that we have some interest on the product. Carbon, Fiberglass, Plastic, who cares...

Dan, I could not be more chilled if I was sleeping in the morgue. That post still being up was a complete mistake on my part--I thought I had deleted it. Now it's gone and things can, will, already are moving forward as they should. All is good with the person I was interacting with--glad that airboxes and snorkels are proceeding as per folks wishes. The painted pieces look great--Kudos to Shokwaverider for bringing the issue up. Jeff

Last edited by rlj996tt650gt; 12-01-2009 at 04:50 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:43 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Dan:

A few questions:
  • Does the kit come with the rubber seal for the snorkel to the airbox?
  • How is it secured (The Seal), Tape, Flange or Interference Fit?
  • Does it come with a Template for cutting the stock lid plastics for the extra intake?
  • Does it come with bolts to secure the snorkel to the lid plastics?
When Can I get one? .

I would also like to mak some comments on your cooporation, forethought and proactive approach regarding this new offering. For what it is worth, I think that as a vendor Vivid (you in particilar) have gone up leaps and bounds, at least in my estimations, and shown us all what support really means. This is what I call service!

We (as users, customers and innovators) recognise a need or requirement, and you (as a vendor, manufacturer and supplier) go out of your way to fullfill the need. You, as are we by putting up our cash, are making an investment here. We are both thinking outside the box to satisfy a need, want, whim or requirement. For that I thank you.

As you know my kudos do not come lightly, so I will now go back to being my picky over critical self.

Thanks again, and when are you going to post a photo of the new Mermelstein, along with proud Mum and Dad?

SWR

Old 12-01-2009, 06:10 AM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
Would this work with Mashaw GT2 decklid?

Old 12-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks Jeff and Ian for the kind words

Ian I put the official product info on the site here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...5-p-82003.html. The seal is foam strips that go around the snorkel opening to close on to the box. It is a tight fit, though you can always use other types of seal pieces if you want. It fits with the stock bolts and the part to cut is shown here on our instructions - https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ck-out-11.html.

996choy - The 2nd snorkel will not fit, but the GT2 wing has a spot on the drivers side that if you cut out, put the OEM rubber seal like on the pass side, it will close and fit perfect.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:03 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Dan:

I see the hole, I was wondering if there was a template or whether you do ir from the Snorkel itself.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Former Vendor
No template provided. But see this post - https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...0-post155.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dual Imput (Snorkel) Airbox for Stock Dry Filter (Comments)