996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dual Imput (Snorkel) Airbox for Stock Dry Filter (Comments)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Billystang is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vividracing
Full kit only. But if you want to buy the snorkel only for $350, that is cool too

Old 12-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Current List

1. Shokwaverider
2. SC_Trojan
3. Billystang
4. GT2RS
5. garrickl
6. 80Shillings

4 more guys, then I will take a $100 deposit from each of you and get them made. I have 1 instock so will ship the first one to #1 guy.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:19 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
4 more buyers then I will ship yours out

Old 12-02-2009, 04:28 PM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
I am waiting for this to complete as I need to install my FCM for the Aquamist HFS-6, and I need to know what clearences I have on this new piece.

So I am stuck waiting for another 4 orders..... Getting impatient.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Former Vendor
For the 6 people that signed up, send me a $100 deposit to dan@vividracing.com via paypal. I will have them ready to ship in 3 weeks.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:31 PM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Originally Posted by vividracing
For the 6 people that signed up, send me a $100 deposit to dan@vividracing.com via paypal. I will have them ready to ship in 3 weeks.
On It's way!!!!

Old 12-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Former Vendor
1. Shokwaverider - $100 Deposit
2. SC_Trojan
3. Billystang
4. GT2RS - Paid in Full
5. garrickl
6. 80Shillings

Old 12-02-2009, 04:47 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Sent my $100.00.. Just have to make sure it works with my 2003 GT2...

Old 12-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks!

The box does work with the GT2, the left hand snorkel you simply use the piece that is already on your GT2 wing. Please post a picture here and I will circle in photoshop for you.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Former Vendor
1. Shokwaverider - $100 Deposit
2. SC_Trojan
3. Billystang
4. GT2RS - Paid in Full
5. garrickl
6. 80Shillings - $100 deposit

Old 12-03-2009, 08:10 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Did anyone make an airflow simulation on this?

Instead of going in a synchronized airflow like the OEM does through the wing and then down into the box, you want to suck air down from two sides at the same time which will meet inside the airbox and possibly create a stagnation point in the center of the box thus not using the full capacity of the air filter area? I didn't do a simulation, just see an area of discussion which hasn't been touched at all.

Spontaneosly, how much airflow could go through the OEM airbox opening vs the intake pipe in the engine - the area of the OEM airbox hole is already around twice as large? An engine with 2 x 25mmm restrictor still produces 450hp or more - how large is the maf area, double that size? Where's the problem with the OEM airbox, except there is a chance to save weight?

There seems to be enough air looking at the complete system and identifying the bottleneck = intake pipe/MAF. Will you guys who do this airbox mod also change the setup to have parallell intake pipes and MAFs as well - one per bank?

Pls can someone actually do a true back to back performance gain test, the only thing I saw in this whole thread was a comparison to run with no filter vs a K&N vs OEM.

Last edited by MrWhite; 12-03-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:50 AM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Given that the Porsche factory has gone to the trouble of doing a dual input airbox as stock on the Newer Cars, it would seem to be a worthwhile mod for those of us with older design cars..

Originally Posted by MrWhite
Did anyone make an airflow simulation on this?

Instead of going in a synchronized airflow like the OEM does through the wing and then down into the box, you want to suck air down from two sides at the same time which will meet inside the airbox and possibly create a stagnation point in the center of the box thus not using the full capacity of the air filter area? I didn't do a simulation, just see an area of discussion which hasn't been touched at all.

Spontaneosly, how much airflow could go through the OEM airbox opening vs the intake pipe in the engine - the area of the OEM airbox hole is already around twice as large? An engine with 2 x 25mmm restrictor still produces 450hp or more - how large is the maf area, double that size? Where's the problem with the OEM airbox, except there is a chance to save weight?

There seems to be enough air looking at the complete system and identifying the bottleneck = intake pipe/MAF. Will you guys who do this airbox mod also change the setup to have parallell intake pipes and MAFs as well - one per bank?

Pls can someone actually do a true back to back performance gain test, the only thing I saw in this whole thread was a comparison to run with no filter vs a K&N vs OEM.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Former Vendor
I have already done all these dyno tests and they are in old threads. Showing the benefit of just a K&N filter compared to stock. Dyno test of this intake compared to stock. The problem is this is NOT a dyno intake. It is designed to give you better air flow, so unless you are in a wind tunnel, a dyno is really worthless.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:49 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
All I can say is "good news", I would love to see their flow simulations or what it looks like inside (if it has baffles inside for instance) to see why it wasn't done before, doesn't seem like a very expensive alternative.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:07 AM
sc_trojan has a spectacular aura aboutsc_trojan has a spectacular aura about
paypal deposit sent

paypal deposit sent.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dual Imput (Snorkel) Airbox for Stock Dry Filter (Comments)