996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dual Imput (Snorkel) Airbox for Stock Dry Filter (Comments)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 11:52 AM
garrickl is infamous around these parts
Dual Snorkel Unit

Just sent in my deposit also.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Got it thanks guys.

1. Shokwaverider - $100 Deposit
2. SC_Trojan - $100 Deposit
3. Billystang
4. GT2RS - Paid in Full
5. garrickl - $100 Deposit
6. 80Shillings - $100 deposit

Old 12-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We are about 2 weeks out for you guys FYI.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:45 AM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
We are about 2 weeks out for you guys FYI.
Nice..... Can't wait to try it out. I will be doing the dual snorkle along with Exhaust, filter, tune and DV's

Old 12-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Former Vendor
1. Shokwaverider - $100 Deposit
2. SC_Trojan - $100 Deposit
3. Billystang - Paid in Full
4. GT2RS - Paid in Full
5. garrickl - $100 Deposit
6. 80Shillings - $100 deposit

Old 12-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Neil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud of
Top work by Vivid responding to the customers request, just a pitty it came a month too late as i had ordered my AP twin box intake.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Former Vendor
We try our best!

Old 12-14-2009, 07:50 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Dan:

Do these units have the mounting hole and grommet for the retaining bolt to car's chassis built into them as with the OEM part?

See Photo:

Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Former Vendor
yes they do. There is a bracket for them.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:42 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Dan: How is production going on this? I am waiting for them to finish my Water/Meth system install. (Physical logistics)

Here is where my HFS-6 Install is to date:

impconcepts.com/porscheturbowaterinstallation.htm

(This is Not a Link, Paste it into your browser to view)

SWR

Old 12-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor
We should have them ready to ship after XMAS.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Thanks Dan!

I will be doing a complete DIY install on this when I get it. I am in the process of CAD'ing up a template that people can simply print, attach to the 3 bolt holes on the faceplate of the car to accurately cut the hole out. I just need the snorkel for the final dimensions.

It will be a pictorial install DIY like my HFS-6 one I am currently doing.

Regards and happy Christmas.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:42 AM
sc_trojan has a spectacular aura aboutsc_trojan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider
Thanks Dan!

I will be doing a complete DIY install on this when I get it. I am in the process of CAD'ing up a template that people can simply print, attach to the 3 bolt holes on the faceplate of the car to accurately cut the hole out. I just need the snorkel for the final dimensions.

Honestly Ian, Dan should be paying you for your DIY on this product. Your DIY documentation is better than many installation manuals. At least he can do is give you a free kit IMHO.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:03 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider
Thanks Dan!

Great... That would be your Christmas present to the rest of us then...

Old 12-22-2009, 05:47 AM
Originally Posted by sc_trojan
Honestly Ian, Dan should be paying you for your DIY on this product. Your DIY documentation is better than many installation manuals. At least he can do is give you a free kit IMHO.
Ha Ha! I really appreciate the compliments though, it takes quit a bit of self control to stop and take photos as one does this type of thing. I find these tutorials are good even when I have to help someone do the same later. Plus it gives added content to my web site.

In this particular case, and whenever you are cutting up stock parts on a Marque, or any other car for that matter it is best to use a template of some sort. I am so used to doing them for my Stealth Boost Gauges, that it is almost an automatic thing now. I know just about enough of AutoCAD to muddle through.

All the install notes I have seen on these were based on sample lines drawn on the part. Being an Engineer, I NEED slightly more accurate Dimensions! It is also my intention to try and save the Emissions Decals and attach them some place else. I think they have to be there by law. This is tough as they do not peel off. I will not know for sure till I get the snorkel itself. But if I can I will, and use the cut out as a type of plaque that can be attached anywhere in the car.

In anticipation of receiving the Kit from Vivid, here is the start of the DIY How to.

"impconcepts.com/porscheturbodualsnorkelinstallation.htm"

You will need to paste it into your browser to see the text, it is only the start but you will get the idea.

SWR

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dual Imput (Snorkel) Airbox for Stock Dry Filter (Comments)