996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Billet turbos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 02:06 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Correct - the geometry make the difference not the material.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:50 PM
earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !
I know Boostlogic now offers a 996TT kit using billet 55mm wheels. I've heard/seen from various tuners that the new Precision billet wheels really shine past the 2 bar mark.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by earl3
I know Boostlogic now offers a 996TT kit using billet 55mm wheels. I've heard/seen from various tuners that the new Precision billet wheels really shine past the 2 bar mark.
Who cares what they do at 2 bar.... show me some data at 1 bar then Ill tell you if they are good or not...

You see, many "garrett" based turbos are usually tested on Evos or supras at 30+ psi... but that does not mean they will perform with similar results on a P car at 1 or 1.2 bar... and that is usually where we run these cars... the efficiency of most turbos is at much higher boost levels then what we run these cars at... I for example, tested and currently have HTA 35rs.. but prior to that I had gt35rs... and from documented information the HTA blows away the regular 35r.... unfortunately that was NOT the case on my P car.. I know because I did the testing back and forth... the lag was same and HP was same... all that at .8 to 1.5 bars...
So until I see someone coming up with turbos that spool up faster and produce more HP at P car boost levels I dent to say it is all a marketing game and nothing more... I know first hand...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-16-2009, 04:18 PM
earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
Who cares what they do at 2 bar.... show me some data at 1 bar then Ill tell you if they are good or not...

markski
exactly probably not a game changer for this crowd

Old 09-16-2009, 04:31 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
Exclamation

i'd like to see someone run a triple ball bearing set of these:
http://www.compturbo.com/products/in...roduct=CT460-1

Old 09-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Can someone expand on why and the result in KKK housing? What would equivelent be? Where do known KKK hybrids fit by comparison? Where would the performance curve be?

Old 09-16-2009, 04:50 PM
gt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of light
Seen test regarding these they perform like dbb .

Originally Posted by split
i'd like to see someone run a triple ball bearing set of these:
http://www.compturbo.com/products/in...roduct=CT460-1

Old 09-16-2009, 05:59 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
Question

so i wonder if there's a billet triple ball bearing?

Old 09-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
We will see how these new turbos respond soon. Now that Boost Logic is a board sponsor you will see some stuff popping up from them about the new kits being released!

Old 09-17-2009, 01:09 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
maybe this is a dumb question, but would it be possible to make wheel's out of CF, magnesium or Titanium? The lighter weight, I'd think would aid in faster spooling which could make for more power down low.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:58 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
its been done scott, and someone who posted in this thread has done it not sure if im allowed to say or not.

but anyways spooling is more the A/R ratios and exhaust pressures of the mix between the turbine housing and the compressor side of the turbo there isn't much weight between the shaft n two wheels to begin with. the ball bearing turbos spool faster because of less drag in the bearing cartridge.

most aftermarket turbo vehicles like to run alot more boost then we do and generally spool alot later then what we do. so its very hard to use info from experiences on other cars to the P car world.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:12 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
its been done scott, and someone who posted in this thread has done it not sure if im allowed to say or not.

but anyways spooling is more the A/R ratios and exhaust pressures of the mix between the turbine housing and the compressor side of the turbo there isn't much weight between the shaft n two wheels to begin with. the ball bearing turbos spool faster because of less drag in the bearing cartridge.

most aftermarket turbo vehicles like to run alot more boost then we do and generally spool alot later then what we do. so its very hard to use info from experiences on other cars to the P car world.
Makes sense, thanks for the info. I am curious as to who did it and with which material though. You can PM me if you don't want to say it here.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:31 AM
gt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of light
Hmmm ok so it seems that billet wheels are just as bad cast then and that you need to boost really high to gain anything. So we are more or less back to square one again . Ok ill be running K24/20G and meth/water inj. to put a little smile on my face for a while at least .

Old 09-17-2009, 07:03 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by racing fan
Glad to be a sponsor here! Our Porsche turbo kits fit a wide spectrum of power options with the Precision Turbo options we offer. The billet turbos do perform amazing at the upper end of their compressor maps but they also provide excellent low end power. While the low end isn't leaps and bounds beyond the Garrett turbos, they do perform equally if not better. We will see soon on Chris's car what a large turbo setup will do
Hey glad to see your a sponser now.One quick question what about the GT-R's are you guys working on any now & what type of upgrades do you have?

Old 09-17-2009, 07:14 AM
Nice to see that your a sponsor here as well. I have ordered my share of parts from you for my other cars and it has always worked out great
never had a problem and iam oversea customer.

Originally Posted by racing fan
Glad to be a sponsor here! Our Porsche turbo kits fit a wide spectrum of power options with the Precision Turbo options we offer. The billet turbos do perform amazing at the upper end of their compressor maps but they also provide excellent low end power. While the low end isn't leaps and bounds beyond the Garrett turbos, they do perform equally if not better. We will see soon on Chris's car what a large turbo setup will do

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Billet turbos