996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Billet turbos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 07:59 AM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
maybe this is a dumb question, but would it be possible to make wheel's out of CF, magnesium or Titanium? The lighter weight, I'd think would aid in faster spooling which could make for more power down low.
there are mag and Ti wheels...but they are for extreme apps which are not relevant in a car

Old 09-17-2009, 09:42 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gt2rs
Hmmm ok so it seems that billet wheels are just as bad cast then and that you need to boost really high to gain anything. So we are more or less back to square one again . Ok ill be running K24/20G and meth/water inj. to put a little smile on my face for a while at least .

just cause the wheels is made out of a stronger material doesn't make it flow any better. the most it could do is spool differently or be resistant to surging or breaking.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Gt2rs I have my kit forsale if you are interested. It's a TiAL GT3076/K24 Hybrid that was included in the GT800 cars from EVOMS. With EVOMS Intake Pipes, 60lb Injectors, Stage 3 EVOMS Clutch, AFI Headers (that will be included), external wastegates, stock airbox and a EPL tune I went an 11.0 @ 137mph (on 22psi, I ran 24psi when I made 666rwhp) in the SUMMER heat. My 60-130 was a 6.2 with a 170lb passenger and the temps were in the mid to high 60s.

My old kit would include my old Profec B (I'm going back to my HKS), AFI Headers modified for the GT30s, the turbos, the wastegates. If you want the injectors and clutch (unless it doesn't have much life on it (which it shouldn't) I can make you a good deal on all of it.

My kit is proven compared to the 20G's which everyone has been jumping ships from.

Only reason why I'm switching is because I'm looking for a lot more power now that I'm building my motor this winter.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:56 AM
gt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of light
Already have K24/20G and water/meth inj. and proto. tune and alot more
:-). But thank you for the offer :-) good luck with sale, shouldnt be hard to sell .

Originally Posted by Powell
Gt2rs I have my kit forsale if you are interested. It's a TiAL GT3076/K24 Hybrid that was included in the GT800 cars from EVOMS. With EVOMS Intake Pipes, 60lb Injectors, Stage 3 EVOMS Clutch, AFI Headers (that will be included), external wastegates, stock airbox and a EPL tune I went an 11.0 @ 137mph (on 22psi, I ran 24psi when I made 666rwhp) in the SUMMER heat. My 60-130 was a 6.2 with a 170lb passenger and the temps were in the mid to high 60s.

My old kit would include my old Profec B (I'm going back to my HKS), AFI Headers modified for the GT30s, the turbos, the wastegates. If you want the injectors and clutch (unless it doesn't have much life on it (which it shouldn't) I can make you a good deal on all of it.

My kit is proven compared to the 20G's which everyone has been jumping ships from.

Only reason why I'm switching is because I'm looking for a lot more power now that I'm building my motor this winter.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:04 AM
justinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Hey glad to see your a sponser now.One quick question what about the GT-R's are you guys working on any now & what type of upgrades do you have?
the BL600 package should tame most needs.... not for the feint of heart is the BL900 GTR package...

Having had both cars, Porsche stuff is more fun

Justin

Old 09-18-2009, 07:14 AM
gt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of light
I hope it contains some sort of fix for the gearbox so it can manage more than one lap before you need to change the gearbox oil if you take it to the track .

Originally Posted by justinn
the BL600 package should tame most needs.... not for the feint of heart is the BL900 GTR package...

Having had both cars, Porsche stuff is more fun

Justin