996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Billet turbos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 05:14 AM
gt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of light
Billet turbos

When will we see any kits with billet turbos like precision 6265 or use of the billet turbin wheel in say a KKK housing ?

Old 09-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
You will see one soon using Precision turbos...

Old 09-16-2009, 07:43 AM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Uh oh... got something new cooking Chris??

Old 09-16-2009, 07:50 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I may possibly...

That being said, my GT3076/K24's will be up forsale soon. So if anyone wants a kit that has been proven to run some bad *** times, then hit me up

Old 09-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by gt2rs
When will we see any kits with billet turbos like precision 6265 or use of the billet turbin wheel in say a KKK housing ?
One thing to think about is that a standard 3.6ltr, even built, would have trouble spooling a 62+mm turbo regardless if it is billet. You would really have to rev the motor to take full advantage of it.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Standard k24 housings would be too small for a 6265 set up...

Billet wheels are already available in the tial alpha series turbos...which are direct bolt on.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:01 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
B-i-n-g-o!!!

Originally Posted by tony@epl
standard k24 housings would be too small for a 6265 set up...

Billet wheels are already available in the tial alpha series turbos...which are direct bolt on.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:27 AM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Powell
One thing to think about is that a standard 3.6ltr, even built, would have trouble spooling a 62+mm turbo regardless if it is billet. You would really have to rev the motor to take full advantage of it.
being a 'billet' compressor wheel has nothing to do with spool/power...take a cast wheel (what we are used to) and a billet wheel that are identical, they will perform the exact same.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:04 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Jake,
Todd K. is cooking up the best recipe for me for the turbos you sent, hopefully we will see the results we projected

Originally Posted by TiALSport
being a 'billet' compressor wheel has nothing to do with spool/power...take a cast wheel (what we are used to) and a billet wheel that are identical, they will perform the exact same.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:09 AM
gt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of light
Please have a look at this post #91
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...=550044&page=4
If you take a garret with Billet your correct if you get a Precsion turbo the wheels arent same if they are cast or billet the billet wheel can shove more air than the cast can ever do.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:10 AM
The 62 mm billet was just and example the main thing is that i would like to see some billet turbine wheels ala precsion since they can shove more are than a cast wheel can .

Old 09-16-2009, 10:13 AM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
Please have a look at this post #91
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...=550044&page=4
If you take a garret with Billet your correct if you get a Precsion turbo the wheels arent same if they are cast or billet the billet wheel can shove more air than the cast can ever do.
the aero has to do with power/spool
the material used has nothing to do with it

here is some factual info not taken from a forum
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob..._Machined.html

Old 09-16-2009, 11:11 AM
As i said before Garret doesnt make any changes to their billet wheel so of course they will perform the same !!!! Precision have a difference between the cast and the billet wheel easy as that, thats why Precsion 67 mm billet turbos produce a lot more pwoer than a Precsion cast 67 mm does . But if ou make the same test with Garrett they will produce the same power . So linking to Garrett is the wrong way to go if you want to prove anything ...sorry.
the aero has to do with power/spool
the material used has nothing to do with it

here is some factual info not taken from a forum
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob..._Machined.html

Old 09-16-2009, 11:33 AM
As i said before Garret doesnt make any changes to their billet wheel so of course they will perform the same !!!! Precision have a difference between the cast and the billet wheel easy as that, thats why Precsion 67 mm billet turbos produce a lot more pwoer than a Precsion cast 67 mm does . But if ou make the same test with Garrett they will produce the same power . So linking to Garrett is the wrong way to go if you want to prove anything ...sorry.
Precision 67 cast is not Extended Tip, where as the Billet version is

the wheel geometry is totally different, i don't think you understand what i am saying
a precision cast 67 wheel is a garrett wheel

Old 09-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Precision 67 cast is not Extended Tip, where as the Billet version is

the wheel geometry is totally different, i don't think you understand what i am saying
a precision cast 67 wheel is a garrett wheel
Exactly! I did some research myself and Jake is a 100% right.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Billet turbos