996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

PSM Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 12:10 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
you can trouble shoot it in place with a dealer computer

Old 09-19-2009, 12:38 PM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
I had a similar issue. Simple MAF cleaning did not fix it. Replacing the MAF did.

What error codes are you getting on Durametric.

Don't have a Durametric code reader... get one or borrow one. No seripously best investment for these cars.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:59 PM
jleeev is infamous around these parts
The computer is indicating a left front ABS sensor fault however I switched the left and right front sensors and fault still reading left side which leads me to believe that it may be a harness issue. MAF new with less than 2000 miles on it.
My indy advising that they would need to remove the ABS wiring harness in order to test.

Best,

J

Old 09-19-2009, 01:01 PM
jleeev is infamous around these parts
The computer is indicating a left front ABS sensor fault however I switched the left and right front sensors and fault still reading left side which leads me to believe that it may be a harness issue. MAF new with less than 2000 miles on it.
My indy advising that they would need to remove the ABS wiring harness in order to test.

Best,

J

Old 09-19-2009, 05:35 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider
I had a similar issue. Simple MAF cleaning did not fix it. Replacing the MAF did.

What error codes are you getting on Durametric.

Don't have a Durametric code reader... get one or borrow one. No seripously best investment for these cars.
Code 4460 - tested it and everything checked out harness, sensors bottom line Pump and module

Old 09-23-2009, 06:31 AM
So I cleaned all the sensor, and reflashed the computer to see if there was a glitch in the programing that set off the code.... Its came on almost instant! as soon as i got the car moving it came on!!!! UGHHHHHH!!!!

Old 09-23-2009, 08:43 AM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PALETTE
So I cleaned all the sensor, and reflashed the computer to see if there was a glitch in the programing that set off the code.... Its came on almost instant! as soon as i got the car moving it came on!!!! UGHHHHHH!!!!
Where the sensors really dirty Cory? Damn, I am sorry to hear that! So you think its the PSM module then?

Old 09-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by BigBadBen
Where the sensors really dirty Cory? Damn, I am sorry to hear that! So you think its the PSM module then?
Ben the Sensors were not that bad to start off with so after a cleaning and assembly we spun the wheels on the lift and the light came on. Reset the computer and 2 seconds into a drive the light came on again!
I am telling you i know there are better places to spend $$ on but i do need to stop the car LOL

Old 09-26-2009, 12:46 PM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
Ben the Sensors were not that bad to start off with so after a cleaning and assembly we spun the wheels on the lift and the light came on. Reset the computer and 2 seconds into a drive the light came on again!
I am telling you i know there are better places to spend $$ on but i do need to stop the car LOL
Cory,

Guess what mine came back yesterday after I was messing around with my alignment issues. I have driven the car for well over 1K and nothing. The code that came up was Steering Wheel Sensor. I recalibrated the sensor with my Durametic Tool and am going for a boot in a minute to see if it comes back. It is very odd how this code pops up like this. I am still convinced there is nothing wrong.

Ben

Old 09-26-2009, 01:21 PM
let me know Ben!! who did you recalibrate the sensor? did you just clear it?

Old 09-26-2009, 05:20 PM
let me know Ben!! who did you recalibrate the sensor? did you just clear it?
Just drove 200KM and all is perfect Cory. In the Durametric PSM module there is a setting that allows you to recalibrate the steering wheel sensor. Just click on it with the steering wheel straight ahead and it does it for you.

Ben

Old 09-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Nice! Well i just cleared all the codes and cleaned the mass air and reset the battery as well i am going to drive it as soon as it stops raining here.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Nice! Well i just cleared all the codes and cleaned the mass air and reset the battery as well i am going to drive it as soon as it stops raining here.
Cory, Do you have a Durametric tool? if not you need one. I also have the Autoenginuity tool which is good but is not as good as the Durametric.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by BigBadBen
Cory, Do you have a Durametric tool? if not you need one. I also have the Autoenginuity tool which is good but is not as good as the Durametric.
Yes i do. I use it to clear my codes and Datalog

Old 09-27-2009, 12:36 AM
So did you do the recalibration of the steering wheel sensor?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PSM Module