996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

PSM Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 02:27 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
PSM Module

So i just got some bad news! not happy at all!!!!
the Psm/Abs light has been coming on and off for a few weeks, after trying everything, - Broken wires, Sensor, Connections. The final conclusion is the PSM module has gone.....

So what do i do? Used if they are around at all?? New and from who? Any help guys would be greatly appreciated!!!

Old 09-18-2009, 02:31 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
call sunset

Old 09-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
So that's what it was....
Hope you get it figured out soon,
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-18-2009, 03:57 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Or Suncoast Porsche. Both advertise dealer cost plus 20%.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:57 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Yea mark crazy!! i cant believe it after all that!

HaD IT RECHECKED TODAY AGAIN FOR BOOST LEAKS.. 0 FOUND!

I Just need to sort out this crap now!! i have some runs to do!

Old 09-18-2009, 05:01 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by landjet
Or Suncoast Porsche. Both advertise dealer cost plus 20%.
sunset is plus 15%...use the renntech link.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:22 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Statman knows best.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:29 AM
How pricey? Where is it located on the car?

Old 09-19-2009, 08:22 AM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PALETTE
So i just got some bad news! not happy at all!!!!
the Psm/Abs light has been coming on and off for a few weeks, after trying everything, - Broken wires, Sensor, Connections. The final conclusion is the PSM module has gone.....

So what do i do? Used if they are around at all?? New and from who? Any help guys would be greatly appreciated!!!
Cory, Are you sure? I went through this two weeks ago. I was getting ABS/PSM failures all the time even when the car was just idling. I wrote about this exact issue. Since I did all the things in that thread, I have not seen a single fault. I changed nothing.

How do you know the module is toast?

Ben

Old 09-19-2009, 08:33 AM
Hey Ben well they did the 10 step procedure that was told to them to do, the messured all the ohms in the wires and they checked out fine. So the last thing was the pump...

What did you end up doing that solved it?

Old 09-19-2009, 08:41 AM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
Hey Ben well they did the 10 step procedure that was told to them to do, the messured all the ohms in the wires and they checked out fine. So the last thing was the pump...

What did you end up doing that solved it?
Morning Cory,

I cleaned all the ABS sensors, cleaned my MAF wiring harness as it was corroded at both ends. Cleaned the connector at the shock mount, both the brake and ABS connection points.

Disconnected the battery for 20 minutes. Since then not a single fault and I have driven her hard for 500+K. My Durametric said I had a bad brake pedal switch but my brake lights were coming on fine.

Ben

Old 09-19-2009, 09:06 AM
i can give it a go. Do you do it yourself?
Where are the ABS Sensors located?

Old 09-19-2009, 09:15 AM
i can give it a go. Do you do it yourself?
Where are the ABS Sensors located?
Cory,

Don't buy anything yet. Yes I did the work myself as I do a better job than any Porsche shop!!!!

Take the wheels off and look in behind the rotor, you will see a connector with two wires going into it. One is the brake sensor wear wire, the other is the ABS wire going down to the hall effect sensor. You will need a hex set to get the sensor out. Once you unscrew the hex bolt, wiggle the sensor out.

There is a metal clip that hold the connectors in place by the shock tower, you will see it. If you have never cleaned these sensors, they will be filthy dirty. Use brake clean to clean them up.

Don't forget to disconnect the battery to clear the DME and PSM modules.

Let me know what you find..take pics

Ben

Old 09-19-2009, 09:31 AM
OK I will give it a shot!

Old 09-19-2009, 12:02 PM
jleeev is infamous around these parts
Hi Palette,
I am dealing with a similar issue. Have eliminated the actual ABS sensors as the cause and now need to dig a little deeper. Curious to know if the ABS/PSM harness needs to be removed from the vehicle for testing or if it can be trouble shot in place?

Best,
J

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PSM Module