996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT3 seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 06:59 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
GT3 seats

Ok so i am on the hunt to lighten the car up since its a PIG
I sat in a pair of GT3 seats the other day, they fit me perfectly but the guy backed out of the deal!

So i havent driven a car with them but if you can can tell me if you guys like them for daily driving??

Any if you know anyone who has Genuine GT3 seats for sale.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:56 AM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
I have them and like them once I'm in them... it's a little tough getting in and out. I drive my car down to Dallas (about 2.5 hours) for the weekend sometimes and it's comfortable, but I don't use the car for a daily driver... if that helps???

P.S: If putting your car on a diet is the issue... Loose the back seats/seat belts too, since you won't be able to get to them anyway!

Last edited by RickEager; 09-19-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:35 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Thanks Rick! I will certainly be pulling those out

Old 09-19-2009, 08:39 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
I must say the car "feels" more like a sports car with the GT3 seats. I love it...and have been on 3+ hour drives. The seat cushions are leather with velcro openings. I put custom padding (memory foam) in the bottom and lumbar pads.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:48 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^
Agree completely

Old 09-19-2009, 08:52 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Just got mine. Major pain getting out. Nice fitting seat and very light. I would not like them a DD.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Just got mine. Major pain getting out. Nice fitting seat and very light. I would not like them a DD.

you have the Originals and not the Replicas correct?
the replicas are a bit smaller all around..

Old 09-19-2009, 08:58 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Getting in-n-out (not the burger place) is something you figure out...once you realize you can't just slide in and you need to drop in...you will figure it out and it is quite simple..

Old 09-19-2009, 09:28 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Mine are replicas.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Mine are replicas.

that's what i thought.. I sat in both and the replicas were tighter up top and near the sides not sure why they would be...

Old 09-19-2009, 09:52 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
The seats are very comfortable. I actually prefer them to the stock seats.

The trick to getting in and out is to slide the seat all the way to rear. That gives you plenty of room to get both in an out. Once in, adjust the seat to your preference. It's an extra step but it only takes seconds and it makes the process much easier.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:35 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I went back and forth and these are great seats UNLESS you need frequent access to the back. I was taken around VIR by several instructors with these and even with a 3pt they were immensely more communicative than the stock seats.

That being said, I like to have the whole family in the car (4 of us)....so I am going for a folding seat, with custom color matched material...deeper seats than stock...much like a gt2 seat. That is the best seat IMHO...at the worst price point. If someone cloned the gt2 seat....

Jeff

Old 09-19-2009, 10:40 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
I put carbon replicas in my DD. Its a little hard getting in and out but is more comfortable than standard seats once you are in, imo. My car is more masochistic than most would tolerate for a DD given the ceramic "off/on" clutch, straight pipes, and the seats but it suits me fine.
The seats saved me 64 lbs over the standard heated seats by my scale.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:51 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
MBailey
If you dont like your clutch you should try the one Akram just put in on Paulies car. It can handle your power and I am certain you would think it is stock.
Robert

Old 09-19-2009, 10:55 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
MBailey
If you dont like your clutch you should try the one Akram just put in on Paulies car. It can handle your power and I am certain you would think it is stock.
Robert
Rob,
What kind of clutch is it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 seats