996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

UMW sachs stage 2 clutch and LWFW, stalls sometimes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 05:41 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
im guessing a tune would void the warranty, just like any giac or UMW flash, for example.
As could any non-porsche part installed in the drivetrain ... technically...

How long until you have no warranty??

A

Old 09-27-2009, 06:02 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
thats what i like about kevin........

Old 09-27-2009, 07:01 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
It has to do with less momentum from the fly wheel to keep the engine cranked over. Every now and then my car would stall and it usually had to do with me disengaging the clutch when the RPM was below idle(around 600RPM), or when the RPM is decreasing rapidly and disengaging the clutch at to low of and RPM. Does this sound right? If so you'll eventually adjust to it.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:12 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I think I stalled once....

UMW clutch and lwfw too. I agree with everyone else....you get used to it and the lwfw is an improvement. Dont' forget, they sell one car with it standard: gt3rs...for a reason.

It transformed the car...way faster to rev.

Lightened the whole car too...

Jeff

Old 09-27-2009, 11:34 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, everything you said. It is a lot of fun. Ive had it for probably a good 6 months now. The odd blip of the throttle in the parking lot will generally get the car close to stalling or will stall the car. I've ceased to do this as much, which is probably for the better.

Sometimes I think the AC has something to do with it as well.

Does a GT3RS have the same "problem" then?

Originally Posted by jcb-memphis

UMW clutch and lwfw too. I agree with everyone else....you get used to it and the lwfw is an improvement. Dont' forget, they sell one car with it standard: gt3rs...for a reason.

It transformed the car...way faster to rev.

Lightened the whole car too...

Jeff

Old 09-27-2009, 11:39 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
I could see this making the difference. Thanks

Ard- I think ive got about 1.5 years left of CPO extended, then that's it. I guess maybe it is time for a flash soon huh?

Originally Posted by $manager
Kevin told me the only way he'd "correct" it for me was if I bought an entire tune from him.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:41 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
The odd blip of the throttle in the parking lot will generally get the car close to stalling or will stall the car. I've ceased to do this as much
Good idea.

Does a GT3RS have the same "problem" then?
Not a "problem"... more like a "characteristic."

If yours still stalls too often, it could be as simple as having your tuner raise the idle a tad. I have seen done by tuners when the LWFW is installed.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:44 AM
davman is infamous around these parts
Was wondering if anyone has had resale issues like potential buyers going elsewhere because of idle noise with LWFW?

Old 09-28-2009, 07:18 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Jeff
Okay, Chuck Norris!

Old 09-28-2009, 12:23 PM
acf
lol...

Originally Posted by TXGold
Okay, Chuck Norris!