996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

UMW sachs stage 2 clutch and LWFW, stalls sometimes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 02:27 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
UMW sachs stage 2 clutch and LWFW, stalls sometimes?

Has anyone with this clutch and flywheel setup, or something similiar, experienced more stalls in general? Usually happens in the parking lot, sometimes the revs will dip down below that point of no return and the car will stall, even though im sure the clutch is all the way in.
Do I need an ecu tune or can this be adjusted?

Old 09-27-2009, 02:42 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Welcome to the world of LWFW. Your tuner should be able to help you with that...

and some practice...

Old 09-27-2009, 02:47 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
im guessing a tune would void the warranty, just like any giac or UMW flash, for example.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:52 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Depends...some dealers might offer a flash that "allegedly" don't void any warrantees. It's a very delicate balance between having a modded car and a modded car with a warranty.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:27 PM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
I'm curious, but help me if you would.....what was the main thing you were after.....with a LWFW?

Old 09-27-2009, 03:32 PM
For me it was quicker revving and quicker throttle response which results in quicker acceleration. With a LWFW, you will have 20 less lbs hanging on the end of your crank. The downside is the engine can be 'brought down" to idle much easier and quicker, with less mass, resulting in potential stalling issues. The LWFW does change how your clutch feels, however you can get used to it.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:38 PM
acf
What ttboost said. Just to have some fun, I like how it revs and accelerates.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:40 PM
I actually didn't like it at first and bought a stock dual mass FW to put back in, as my original was toast. I got used to it and now just have a spare DMFW...

Old 09-27-2009, 03:45 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
Give Kevin a shout, he should be able to correct that.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:49 PM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
OK so.....hows that wkn out for ya?.....if you don't mind me asking.

No doubt, our cars are known for poor for throttle responce (Porsche early eGas)......curious whether you can say responce in throttle blips are noticibly changed w/ that FW......TIA.

BTW....where I'm from....I have the Sachs Motorsports clutch to handle approx 600 at the crank......no LWFW.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:10 PM
There are MANY here with at least 600 crank and most have the LWFW. I think my cars performance is greatly enhanced by my LWFW...gonna keep it... There are many things that can effect throttle response. The LWFW has a huge bearing on how quick response is when you "blip" the throttle...

Old 09-27-2009, 04:43 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i also have a lwf and i love it , the only thing that sometimes pisses me off is at a stoplight people look at you as your car will apart from the chatter lol

Old 09-27-2009, 04:43 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
mine did the same thingi just keep the revs up by useing a little heel toe action when stoppin, works every time..i think you will find that your comp will learn about the lwf and the stall will lessen, mind did

Old 09-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by unvmym3
i also have a lwf and i love it , the only thing that sometimes pisses me off is at a stoplight people look at you as your car will apart from the chatter lol

Yup, but still not as bad as the old Corvette 6spd ZF tranny's...

Old 09-27-2009, 05:37 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by D33PBLU3
Give Kevin a shout, he should be able to correct that.

Kevin told me the only way he'd "correct" it for me was if I bought an entire tune from him.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UMW sachs stage 2 clutch and LWFW, stalls sometimes?