996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT35R's or GT30R's for highway pulling??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:42 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
does he work there?
Originally Posted by onelove
Jamie doesn't own SPI although he's local to them.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:00 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
you guys are funny... both should just let it go... seen this go on and on before many times... end result- nothing will happen.

Markski, teach your boy how to read a dyno graph....

Old 09-30-2009, 10:19 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Markski, teach your boy how to read a dyno graph....
Jamie, let it go... the car is fast and he is happy.... period... He posted his own dyno as he walked into a shop and put it on for 3 pulls... 700+ rwhp and 700+ rwtq is very respectable for a 996 stock bottom car... not many 996tt can do that... I know your gt2 did not... ( and I do not mean it in a bad way)... just trying to explain that many throw numbers around like its the lottery game yet few actually hit bingo....
no harm intended just saying it how it is....
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-30-2009, 10:19 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by colorinc
does he work there?
Nope, Jamies just a very vocal enthusiast who backs up what he says at almost any cost. I've seen him fly into cities to race after a call out, if he sets up a trip to Mexico, he'll make it happen.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:46 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Jamie, let it go... the car is fast and he is happy.... period... He posted his own dyno as he walked into a shop and put it on for 3 pulls... 700+ rwhp and 700+ rwtq is very respectable for a 996 stock bottom car... not many 996tt can do that... I know your gt2 did not... ( and I do not mean it in a bad way)... just trying to explain that many throw numbers around like its the lottery game yet few actually hit bingo....
mark

I haven't said a single negative thing about his car. I'm happy for him. Maybe he got too excited since it sounds like he hit bingo, who knows, but still doesn't excuse the fact that he talked **** about someone else's car which would whoop his *** on the street.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
I haven't said a single negative thing about his car. I'm happy for him. Maybe he got too excited since it sounds like he hit bingo, who knows, but still doesn't excuse the fact that he talked **** about someone else's car which would whoop his *** on the street.
I do not think anyone disputes what your saying.... but you pulled up someone's dyno sheet and called him out after he said that HP falls off at 6K... I do not think you said anything negative and neither did he...
That dyno car you showed is probably a 997tt at 1.7 bar on C16...( I know enough to tell you what it takes to get those numbers) but it would be a lot closer then you think... that set up he has does 800 rwhp at 1.7 bar as well... we did it on Bobbys car... same set up... maxed out the fuel system. Boost for boost it would really be a good race... ( I know because we tried these turbos back to back with gt3076rs... unfortunately not the hta 3076rs...)
but that is not the point... comparing dynos and saying who is faster based on that is pointless... you guys should let it go... your saying one thing he is saying another... there is no resolve.

mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-01-2009, 12:43 AM
I do not think anyone disputes what your saying.... but you pulled up someone's dyno sheet and called him out after he said that HP falls off at 6K...

Markski,

Just to be clear, PALETTE pulled up the comparo dyno saying his car would outperform the other car's 8 fan, choked turbo dyno on the highway. After reading his post, I simply called him out. Then a page of back pedaling and circle talk started.... I agree, we could have resolved this in 2 posts....but that's not the 6speed way....

Old 10-01-2009, 05:39 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Jamie,

Is it ever possible for you to post on a thread and then NOT get in a pissing/dick measuring match?

That was a rhetorical question, by the way, I already know the answer

You should get plenty of chances in a couple of weeks by the way.

And If you wan't to come up the Mexican 59 from Goliad, I will run you. We should get the Walnut and maybe Ben and Todd, if he is willing to go from anything over 5 mph. You have to let me get the jump, however, and not be a ***** about it (since your car should put a solid 2-3 lengths on mine).

But lets be clear about this: This will be for fun, not money. And we will go at a reasonable hour, not 2AM. I have a perfect spot.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:54 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Jamie one other rule, you only have 3 wheels on your car.Name:  whatever.gif
Views: 409
Size:  6.8 KB

Sean why on earth would Carter want to drive to Houston to race for free.

Sean what are you going to do about the Proto intake?

Old 10-01-2009, 06:27 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Jamie I'm glad that someone else answered the question that i asked you on 3 separate posts.
Thanks Wes..
As for me talking SH*T, sorry Jamie i don’t if you read the post that i made i was comparing dyno sheets, Yea i know you already made it clear "inflated" any way back to MY point.
Jamie:
Do you personally own a 996tt with a stock bottom end that you are willing
to race against me? You are calling me out so I am making sure that you own
the car... If not our conversation is OVER.

Secondly,
You seem to call me out on behalf of SPI saying that Tym and others would
love to race me.... Really? Did you ask them? Does Tym own a 996tt? Should
I call him? If that is the case then maybe I should call my tuner and ask
if he wants to bring his 996tt... It would only be fair tuner against tuner
996tt against a 996tt right? Oh wait... I heard that SPI uses the same tuner
as I for programming.... How would that work then?
From what I gather you do not own a 996tt yet you sure talk a lot...
Till you show me a 996tt in your name our conversation ends here... Go on
badger someone else... You seem to be really good at it...
Corey...

Oh and back to the Original Post of what turbos would be better, GL let us know what you decide on, We seamed to have HIJACKED this thread..

Last edited by UrbanHotrod; 10-01-2009 at 06:32 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:33 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Going to pass on it for now Paulie....I spent all my money ($234) mounting my tires on my M3

Jamie will come up to Houston for the same reason he is trailering from Ohio to Goliad, roll ons are fun.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:56 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
And If you wan't to come up the Mexican 59 from Goliad, I will run you. We should get the Walnut and maybe Ben and Todd, if he is willing to go from anything over 5 mph. .
I'll run anyone from any speed. I've got nothing to prove. Just having fun.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Thats the spirit, Toddimus....you are invited!

Old 10-01-2009, 08:23 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Exactly. Our cars our outgunned by many on this board but a good Mexican roll is always fun. Win or lose.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:33 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
mark
+ 1 Marek,

I remember days of old when someone would proudly post a dyno graph and everyone would rip it to shreds saying it was pulling timing, leaning out, took a dip before it peaked... blah, blah, blah. It didnt accomplish
ANYTHING

Jamie, many of us hope to meet you in Texas.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT35R's or GT30R's for highway pulling??