996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT35R's or GT30R's for highway pulling??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 04:09 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Chad, can you share the flow differential as a percentage using our 996tt as a baseline? How much better it the gt2 unit? If you choose not to share that is understandable. Thanks
I intend to share the flow information sometime in December. Need to finish up a couple of things.

The 996 parts are physically so much bigger. You can almost put some of the 997 parts into the 996 ones. Take a look at the end legs of the 996 vs the 997 at the end where they meet the injector manifold. They are extremely necked down by comparison. The interior space of the 997 GT2 parts are far larger though. When you compare the crossover part (splitter of the 997tt vs the 997 GT2) they are world's apart interior size wise. The 997 tt and 997 GT2 are both better than either 996 parts. The difference between the 997tt and 997 GT2 is the splitter or cross over part.

This reminds me of years ago when we made the discovery regarding the intake from the filter to the turbo's and discovered why Ruf motors did better. Only this is more drastic. This is a case of out of sight out of mind. We are looking at a good size percentage difference. This is a real choke point. Especially if you have modified before and after these parts.

Last edited by cjv; 11-22-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:18 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
I intend to share the flow information sometime in December. Need to finish up a couple of things.

The 996 parts are physically so much bigger. You can almost put some of the 997 parts into the 996 ones. Take a look at the end legs of the 996 vs the 997 at the end where they meet the injector manifold. They are extremely necked down by comparison. The interior space of the 997 GT2 parts are far larger though. When you compare the crossover part (splitter of the 997tt vs the 997 GT2) they are world's apart interior size wise.

This reminds me of years ago when we made the discovery regarding the intake from the filter to the turbo's and discovered why Ruf motors did better. Only this is more drastic. This is a case of out of sight out of mind. We are looking at a good size percentage difference. This is a real choke point. Especially if you have modified before and after these parts.
Thanks Chad, good info.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:28 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Thanks Chad, good info.

I do not believe we are the only ones that knew about this. Reading joetwint's build EVO appears to have started in the direction of the 997's manifolds and then shifted to the GT3 World Cup like we did. I believe they were keeping the information close to their chest.

It will be interesting now if people start modifing the 996 part somehow or just replace it with the 997 parts. This motor never ceases to amaze me.

Last edited by cjv; 11-22-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:30 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv

This has been all but ignored until now. Pay attention to this part and the GT35's will come to life like you won't believe (with head work of course). The rest people will have to come up with their own answers.
Evoms did not ignore this,they had a 997tt manifold on my car a year ago and the RS plenum on it now.The RS manifold was also further modified
from how it originally comes from Porsche.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:34 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by joetwint
Evoms did not ignore this,they had a 997tt manifold on my car a year ago and the RS plenum on it now.The RS manifold was also further modified
from how it originally comes from Porsche.
Hey joe, look at my above post before your post. I knew it for awhile, but most didn't. That was evident as I read this thread and claims of the 30's vs the 35's. I'm sure your WC was modified just like I'm sure you know we are flow testing and modifying ours. In addition to making flow improvements we are building in six throttle bodies and dual injectors (total 1300 cc). We are also removing the MAF obstruction. The point is most did not know of the constriction they had on all of these big builds that were being built. It was time to let everyone know about this obstruction. It just makes all of us try that much more because we get pushed that much harder. I love this motor. I wasn't but about ten years ago when it won LeMans with a staggering 600 hp. It isn't the final destination but the voyage I enjoy.

It's not the final destination but the voyage getting there.

Last edited by cjv; 11-22-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:11 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
[quote=cjv;2627283]Hey joe, look at my above post before your post. quote]HaHa Yes you are too quick on the keyboard.......ya got me before i got you.Its all good Chad ,and good to see your motor coming to fruition.I am waiting on my test drive.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:19 PM
cjv
[quote=joetwint;2627329]
Originally Posted by cjv
Hey joe, look at my above post before your post. quote]HaHa Yes you are too quick on the keyboard.......ya got me before i got you.Its all good Chad ,and good to see your motor coming to fruition.I am waiting on my test drive.

Nah, great minds think alike. There is no getting you joe!

When I fire her up ........ can I be your wingman?

Last edited by cjv; 11-22-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:49 PM
[quote=cjv;2627344]
Originally Posted by joetwint

Nah, great minds think alike. There is no getting you joe!

When I fire her up ........ can I be your wingman?
More like can I be yours?

Old 04-16-2010, 06:49 AM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Are these 3076 and gt35 the best options still?