996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT35R's or GT30R's for highway pulling??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 10:22 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
If I followed your logic, I wouldn't have run a GT47-80 on a 3.4L....
I'm curious, what do you normally spin that engine to? That is a stroked Supra engine correct?

Old 09-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
If I followed your logic, I wouldn't have run a GT47-80 on a 3.4L....
That's the true roll-on king If you get bored with it just add a 100 shot.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Cory's car would have hit upper 700s had the operator let off at 7400 and not at 6800 but the car was strapped improperly and it was slipping .
Mind you this is a car owner walking into a shop without any prep work, improper cooling(as usual), rather then a tuner on his own dyno with a the ability to fine tune at the same time.
The car did make 750 rwtq at 1.2 bar before he turned down the greddy "set gain". The car has it but limited to stock bottom end.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-29-2009, 11:07 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
I'm curious, what do you normally spin that engine to? That is a stroked Supra engine correct?
It was a few years ago, but around 8k. You can rev them higher, but no need. I only rev my GT55-91 to 8600 in my current Supra.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:11 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I posted this in another thread a few mins ago. I was wondering does anyone besides me realize when we're casually talking about 700 hp+ to the wheels ,on stock engines no less, we're officially into Bugatti Veyron Territory? Though the Veyron makes another 200 hp it's a much heavier car. I'm not saying the Bugatti is all that and a bag of chips but it is an obscenely expensive all wheel drive, turbo charged car with active aerodynamics (our spoilers count

Old 09-29-2009, 12:04 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
I'm sure either David, Tym, or I would be happy to run you. Plan a trip down to the Cleveland area and will do a few fun runs before the weather turns. I think we're about 3 hours southwest for you. I'll buy dinner afterwards.
Ok but it is your Car that i'm going to race correct since your calling me out and you want me to drive all the way there in good faith i would but it has to be your car, Unless you work for or are a part owner of SPI then that a diffrent story,

Oh and that graph and Video should be moved over to the 997 section since it is a video and graph from a 997 and i dont want any of the followers here mislead at all.
But if you want to bring down "your" 996 by all means i have the track book here Friday and we can go off the lights, Flager or a flashlight and i am sure we would have some fun. untill that time OhioGT I got better thing to race here..

Old 09-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
I wonder also what's up with SPI GT2 which has custom GT30's!!

On 1.3bar it made 700rwhp and it ran 6.0sec

Now at 1.8bar it made 780rwhp and it ran 5.7sec UNTIL NOW coz it spin according to David!!

Todd K said that hp start to go down at 6800RPM On standard GT3071R's..He made 708whp/685wtq ON TIP 997tt!!!

Keith 997tt GT3071R's ran 5.4sec

Old 09-30-2009, 10:04 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PALETTE
Ok but it is your Car that i'm going to race correct since your calling me out and you want me to drive all the way there in good faith i would but it has to be your car, Unless you work for or are a part owner of SPI then that a diffrent story,

Oh and that graph and Video should be moved over to the 997 section since it is a video and graph from a 997 and i dont want any of the followers here mislead at all.
But if you want to bring down "your" 996 by all means i have the track book here Friday and we can go off the lights, Flager or a flashlight and i am sure we would have some fun. untill that time OhioGT I got better thing to race here..
I have no problem running you in my car at the track or on the street....but I'm not sure what that would prove. Up to you though. We can run tomorrow at Milan, MI if you like at a private rental.

But back to the original topic....if I understood you correctly, you think your 996 on the highway would beat the car that posted the dyno graph that couldn't hold power at 6000. I disagree. So like I said earlier, it doesn't matter who is driving the car....and if you want to substitute someone who can drive your car fine. But my offers stands.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:12 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
As i mentioned before if its your 996 then i'm game. But the graph and Video that was shown is of a 997. So if those items were to be put in a 996 then Yea my offer stands.
So do you have any part in SPI ???

Old 09-30-2009, 10:37 AM
As i mentioned before if its your 996 then i'm game. But the graph and Video that was shown is of a 997. So if those items were to be put in a 996 then Yea my offer stands.
So do you have any part in SPI ???

I'm confused....wasn't it you who took the time to post the graph of the car that couldn't hold power past 6k and made a statement how it wouldn't pull hard on the highway or something to that effect and that your turbos would beat it? So what does the ownership of the car have anything to do with anything? I told you the owner, the shop, myself, a friend of the owner, basically anyone would be willing to roll against your turbos that pull to redline....

Old 09-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Jamie, here you go: Posted by " evoviiiyou" someone else not me I am just quoting the facts.
But if you want to get Camps involved that a whole diffrent thing, I just pointed out that the turbos start to fall off or is that because someone was lifting there foot off the gas pedal??

Lets keep it Sinple shall we Post me a graph of those Turbos on a 996 at a daily boost level like i have with 2 fans and not of 4-8, then we can state facts, till then this conversation is meaningless this thread should have been in the 997 section as i stated before.

" you still havent ansewered the question"

Cheers!

Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Switzer 997 GT2 P800/R850 and of course the Sledgehammer.

P800 GT2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vIZLlWP_FM

R850 GT2
see attached for dyno sheet (sorry could not find vid)

Sledgehammer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jLsbjgbJkI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5xMy...eature=related

Old 09-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Jamie, here you go: Posted by " evoviiiyou" someone else not me I am just quoting the facts.
But if you want to get Camps involved that a whole diffrent thing, I just pointed out that the turbos start to fall off or is that because someone was lifting there foot off the gas pedal??

Lets keep it Sinple shall we Post me a graph of those Turbos on a 996 at a daily boost level like i have with 2 fans and not of 4-8, then we can state facts, till then this conversation is meaningless this thread should have been in the 997 section as i stated before.

" you still havent ansewered the question"

Cheers!
You can keep backpedaling all you want...but did you not post
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/2559558-post37.html? So stop comparing your inflated STD dyno graph and let's run these cars on the highway. Since that car needed 8 fans and some special tuner love to get its numbers, you should have no problem walking it on the highway. I'm not sure why your afraid to run it? Perhaps there's no reason to run since your dyno graph kicks the **** out it!

Old 09-30-2009, 09:19 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Ohiogt2 do you own SPI ???
tim

Old 09-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Jamie doesn't own SPI although he's local to them.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
you guys are funny... both should just let it go... seen this go on and on before many times... end result- nothing will happen.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT35R's or GT30R's for highway pulling??