996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Know this 996TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
The car had a PPI that noted the driveshafts were needing repair. Was anyone able to see this car?

Old 10-04-2009, 12:58 PM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Whereitsat
The car had a PPI that noted the driveshafts were needing repair. Was anyone able to see this car?
Pm'ed you!

Old 10-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
I really want a manual. My daily commuter was a g35 6mt and I recently replaced it with a AT - I miss the manual a lot.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:09 PM
John H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ezeks
You may want to look at this one. Same price range, lower miles than the one you are looking at now. It's a tip so that could be a drawback to some.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-PORSCHE-911-TURBO-TIPTRONIC-AWD-4X4-SUNROOF-43K-MI_W0QQitemZ350259410903QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars _Trucks?hash=item518d1677d7&_
For ebay cars that you have to place a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit on, at what point do you get a PPI?

John

Old 10-05-2009, 06:13 PM
John H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura about
So what was the outcome of this car? Driveshafts seems like an odd thing. I'm curious what the condition of a $35k car is.

John

Old 10-05-2009, 06:32 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John H.
For ebay cars that you have to place a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit on, at what point do you get a PPI?

John
I would just contact the seller and cut a deal, irrespective of what their auction says! If they ask for a non-refundable deposit, make sure you make the terms of your deposit clear- IN WIRITNG- AND fund it with a credit card where you are a member in good standing.

The ebay auction description is a starting point....

Old 10-05-2009, 07:14 PM
ezeks is infamous around these parts
Got info

Robert send me a pm with your email. Rick and I have a lot of info for ya

Old 10-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Ok...
RickEager and ezeks are fantastic peeps! They drove down to the dealer and looked over the car, did a couple burnouts, picked up some loose women and gave the car four thumbs up!

The dealer contacted me and we are setting up a PPI with Planet 911.

Thanks again guys. If you are ever in Chicago, I know of a great steak house....and I'll even pay!

I have another in Dallas that I'm looking at (my brother-in-law actually), but this has four thumbs up already.

Robert

Old 10-05-2009, 09:18 PM
ezeks is infamous around these parts
Good luck Robert!!! Hope everything works out and Corey is awesome so if anything pops up on the car he will find it.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:04 AM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck Robert!!! Cory is the guy!!! If you need anything else... let us know!!!

Old 10-06-2009, 05:42 AM
FLpaindoc is a jewel in the roughFLpaindoc is a jewel in the roughFLpaindoc is a jewel in the rough
Hope you get it. Great price.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:44 AM
It's at Plant 9 Eleven for the PPI. Rick and Evan found a few flaws (C4s front chin, "headlamp Eyebrows" missing, right exhaust tip bent and the famous carbon fiber dash trim coming unglued near the left vent. The carpet looks worn. Is this an easy fix, the carpet that is? Oh, and it has an STD. Bumper warts!

Old 10-06-2009, 05:46 PM
It's at Plant 9 Eleven for the PPI. Rick and Evan found a few flaws (C4s front chin, "headlamp Eyebrows" missing, right exhaust tip bent and the famous carbon fiber dash trim coming unglued near the left vent. The carpet looks worn. Is this an easy fix, the carpet that is? Oh, and it has an STD. Bumper warts!
So it had front end damage and they replaced the original front end chin with one from a different model car?

John

Old 10-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Possibly. I have passed on the car. It appeared that the front half (A-pillars forward) had been repainted. Also the rear appeared to have some type of damage (brake light replaced, seam sealer and pain inthe engine bay along with the damaged exhaust). I passed. On to the next one. Owning one better be a freakin' blast!

Old 10-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by John H.
So it had front end damage and they replaced the original front end chin with one from a different model car?

John
Yeah - it was replaced with a C4S front spoiler. After thinking about it there might be some substance to that train of thought. It might not scrape as bad on a steep incline or driveway.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Know this 996TT?