996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Know this 996TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 06:08 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
wait around and take your time your a short time buyer and a longtime owner, took me months to find my white one

Old 10-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
I understand. Thanks for the insght.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:12 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
anthracite has a really nice black/black in houston that ive seen for myself awesome car and he is interested in selling. check it out man its a no stories car

Old 10-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RickEager@***.n
Pm'ed you!

What did you discover about this car?
Can anyone point out exactly what the PPi found?

Old 10-07-2009, 12:47 AM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vntperformance
What did you discover about this car?
Can anyone point out exactly what the PPi found?
The PPI was done at Bob Moore Porsche/Audi in Oklahoma City and are a very reputable dealer. The PPI was focused on mechanicals only. All that was found was a minor leak on a CV joint and the tool kit was missing. A car fax was pulled and we found lots of service records making everything up to date including a recent plug change. Based on the records, clean car fax, and the PPI, I recommended that Robert purchase the car and gave him Cory at Planet 911's phone number. It was dark when Evan and I looked at it, but noticed some of the obvious things wrong with it. The front spoiler was wrong as it was a C4S lip and the rear muffler had been damaged (probably a curb.)

What's interesting is the dealer never commented on any of the exterior paint work that had been done that we missed due to poor lighting and de-laminate repair on the rear deck lid. We did notice the paint was a mismatch on the deck lid and the hazy looking headlights. The carpet was worn only on the plastic mat part under the factory mat, but the carpet and mats themselves were fine. PPI's can be deceiving. This car stood tall on mechanicals and service, but the other issues were not factored into the PPI. Cory at Planet 911 found a tail light had been replaced and the quarter had some work done as well. Please keep in mind this car is a 54K miles car and the asking price is 35K.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:02 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
The PPI was done at Bob Moore Porsche/Audi in Oklahoma City and are a very reputable dealer. The PPI was focused on mechanicals only. All that was found was a minor leak on a CV joint and the tool kit was missing. A car fax was pulled and we found lots of service records making everything up to date including a recent plug change. Based on the records, clean car fax, and the PPI, I recommended that Robert purchase the car and gave him Cory at Planet 911's phone number. It was dark when Evan and I looked at it, but noticed some of the obvious things wrong with it. The front spoiler was wrong as it was a C4S lip and the rear muffler had been damaged (probably a curb.)

What's interesting is the dealer never commented on any of the exterior paint work that had been done that we missed due to poor lighting and de-laminate repair on the rear deck lid. We did notice the paint was a mismatch on the deck lid and the hazy looking headlights. The carpet was worn only on the plastic mat part under the factory mat, but the carpet and mats themselves were fine. PPI's can be deceiving. This car stood tall on mechanicals and service, but the other issues were not factored into the PPI. Cory at Planet 911 found a tail light had been replaced and the quarter had some work done as well. Please keep in mind this car is a 54K miles car and the asking price is 35K.
Thanks!

Old 10-07-2009, 07:45 AM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
I would say that this 996 would make a nice addition to most garages. However, the more I search my goal changes. I was at first more interested in price and finding a car with a strong drive train. Now I am more interested in finding a "clean" all-around car. One that I can keep for a long time and not worry about the unknown history.

Rick and Evan did a great job and I am still amazed with the way they volunteered to get the initial impression along with the recommendation for Planet9Eleven to do a thorough PPI. They set a great example for this community. Thank you.

Last edited by Whereitsat; 10-07-2009 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Grammer and spelling owned me!
Old 10-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Michael-Dallas is infamous around these parts
Yeah - it was replaced with a C4S front spoiler. After thinking about it there might be some substance to that train of thought. It might not scrape as bad on a steep incline or driveway.
Interesting... I have been contemplating replacing my scraped up Turbo lower spoiler w/ a C4S one. Not only is it shallower, it's significantly cheaper.

I am curious about how the C4S lower spoiler would affect aerodynamics, but now I'm hesitant to get one.

///Michael

Old 10-07-2009, 04:19 PM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Michael-Dallas
Interesting... I have been contemplating replacing my scraped up Turbo lower spoiler w/ a C4S one. Not only is it shallower, it's significantly cheaper.

I am curious about how the C4S lower spoiler would affect aerodynamics, but now I'm hesitant to get one.

///Michael
The aerodynamics should be fine as it works on a C4S which is the same body.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:36 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
someone said it above but I'll second it. Anthracite is an absolute quality guy and everyone in the tuning world knows him and his reputation. I'd certainly inquire about the one he's got.......

Old 10-14-2009, 07:24 PM
calh4289 is a jewel in the roughcalh4289 is a jewel in the roughcalh4289 is a jewel in the rough
So, is anybody still looking at this car? I am tempted to chek it out myself when I am in Edmond on Friday. What is the overall opinion on this car? What do you think this car can be bought for?

Old 10-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by calh4289
So, is anybody still looking at this car? I am tempted to chek it out myself when I am in Edmond on Friday. What is the overall opinion on this car? What do you think this car can be bought for?

I was interested until I heard it had paintwork and overspray in the engine bay; i've found 2 more that are in better shape w/lower mileage and right around the same price.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Ipecac is infamous around these parts
Does the fact that there's been repeated transactions and auctions on this car worry anyone? I'm a newbie...

Jonn

Old 10-16-2009, 11:29 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ipecac
Does the fact that there's been repeated transactions and auctions on this car worry anyone? I'm a newbie...

Jonn
Apparently all potential buyers!

Old 10-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Ipecac is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ard
Apparently all potential buyers!
True, true...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Know this 996TT?