996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Know this 996TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Procera is infamous around these parts
Too funny, I saw this same car too a few days after your first post. It does look worn even from the bad pics. The Kumho tires put me off a little bit (maybe owned by a kid) and who knows if the aftermarket headunit is wired professionally or not. Good info from everyone though esp the OK guys.

Whereitsat, check out this one. It's in your neck of the woods (well closer to Midway Airport). I bought my old CLK55 from them a few years ago and they always seem to have decent stock.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ype=b&make=POR

Lemme know the scoop! I'm in the market too but trying to be good and stick with a $30k C2. It's weird how used C4S's are practically the same price range as turbos now.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
I looked at this one as well. The PPI also came back sketchy. It appears that the car had been sitting for sometime due to a rodents nest on the engine. Motorwerks in Barrington did the PPI. The mechanic (most of my cars are pruchases and serviced here) discouraged me from purchasing this car. There was a dent on the frame rail and the paint was neglected badly (though could be brought back with some work in my opinion).

I decided that a good deal is one that I wold need to do nothing.

A member here has a great looking 2001 in California. If I was still in the market (I had to replace my oldest sons car last week = cash out the door) I would look real close at his.

Robert

Old 10-20-2009, 08:33 PM
calh4289 is a jewel in the roughcalh4289 is a jewel in the roughcalh4289 is a jewel in the rough
I looked at the car on Saturday in person. The drivers side A-Pillar was badly scratched at the base where the hood and fender meet. It appears to me that is was caused by a front end collision. The rear passenger side muffler was bent. The paint was flaking on the underside of the bumper on both the driver and passenger side. Down the road in Norman, www(dot)oklahomaforeign(dot)com has an 02 SY TT tip for not much more $ and looks to be in much better shape. I didn't drive it, but I am not looking for a SY car. They sell salvaged cars, but this car has a green title. No affiliation.