996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Know this 996TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
Know this 996TT?

It's in Edmond, OK. Is the CF interior faded or is this just they way it is?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

Thanks,
Robert

Old 10-02-2009, 03:05 PM
ezeks is infamous around these parts
Don't know the car but would be willing to go take a look at it for you. Also there is another guy on here that is fairly local that knows his stuff way better than me and I can ask him to look at it also.

It literally is right down the street from me (5mi) and I have dealt with that dealer before for other stuff.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
That would be great! What's your experience with the dealer (i.e. Good)?
Many thanks for the offer, even if you can't do it.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:19 PM
I am honestly mixed on the dealer...Bad experience with a sales guy but the service guys were good so I guess you call it a push. Interior looks rough from the pics but that could well be the crappy pics they took. Honestly I am a bit skeptical of the car at 36k, especially since that is the dealer ask price but I can sure take a look at it. I'll just make sure I don't take my car down there but one of the others...my guess is I will know more about the car and any potential issues that their sales guys do.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Great. Steering wheel and seat wear is not an issue for me. But body and drivetrain are very important. Thanks again.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:29 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
that's an awesome price for the mileage.. do a ppi...

Old 10-02-2009, 03:30 PM
no problem

My girlfriend needs to go look at BMW's anyhow so it is a good excuse for me to take a look at it anyhow. I will PM you what I find and try and get them to give me a carfax and any service records as well.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:44 PM
I love this place!

Old 10-02-2009, 04:00 PM
I called and the car has a deposit on it. However, they have not heard from the guy in two days.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:50 PM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Whereitsat
I called and the car has a deposit on it. However, they have not heard from the guy in two days.
Let me know if I can help as well. I'm (the other guy) Evan mentioned and live in the area and can take a peek at it if it is truly still for sale. There is a good Porsche shop close who works at a reasonable rate (Planet 911 - Cory Jump) who can give it a better once over for you then we can. Cory is a stand up guy has done some work for both of us and I'm sure Evan will chime in with a thumbs up as well. Where are you located? Do you have plans to fly in and drive it home?

Old 10-02-2009, 05:11 PM
SPECOPSCPT has a brilliant futureSPECOPSCPT has a brilliant futureSPECOPSCPT has a brilliant futureSPECOPSCPT has a brilliant futureSPECOPSCPT has a brilliant futureSPECOPSCPT has a brilliant futureSPECOPSCPT has a brilliant futureSPECOPSCPT has a brilliant futureSPECOPSCPT has a brilliant futureSPECOPSCPT has a brilliant futureSPECOPSCPT has a brilliant future
Does the rear wing work? that price is not too bad, but as I personally discovered sometimes if it is too good to be true, it is. I bought a car that is similar to that, at over 12 grand later the car is about finally drivable. I would have someone who knows Porsche's look at it closely, very closely. The only upside to my deal is that it was a repo at a bank and a previous owner had a RUF 550 conversion done on the car, no one knew. Good luck

Old 10-02-2009, 05:52 PM
I swung by and it was out for PPI at the local Porsche dealer. The sales guy is gonna give me a call if the deal falls through (buyer is working on financing). Rick and I will go look at it if it comes back up for sale and I second his recommendation of Corey@Planet911 for a PPI.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:05 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
nice!! 2 days is too long.. lol hope you get it

Old 10-02-2009, 07:55 PM
I really appreciate the effort. If I could drive it back that would be fantastic. Though having it delivered sounds nice as well due to the weather being unpredictable.

Once you guys give it a look over and it passes the initial test, then I'll have Cory (?) do a PPI.

If any of you come across another 996TT, pass it on please.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Here is another car

You may want to look at this one. Same price range, lower miles than the one you are looking at now. It's a tip so that could be a drawback to some.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...=p4506.c0.m245

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Know this 996TT?