996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

DIY E-brake?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 07:56 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
DIY E-brake?

Looked around but couldn't find a DIY guide to replace the e-brake. I just got a CF one and wanted a quick reference before I destroy something.

Thanks,

David

Old 10-03-2009, 08:26 PM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of
Check the B&M web site for their short shifter install...those instructions should get you most of the way...the last few steps will become obvious...

Old 10-03-2009, 10:01 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
I actually did the short shift install on my car so i'll probably be good... just figured i'd skim over an DIY real quick to make sure I know exactly what steps I take.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:06 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
just a tip...
In the metal portion of the ebrake, there are 2 blue or green plastic tabs that are used in order to attach the center console on top of that. They are rectangular in shape. Make sure you place them in the correct orientation. If you place them wrong, the rear console will get moved 1/16" to the right and back towards the e-brake and scratch the leather portion...

Old 10-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
just a tip...
In the metal portion of the ebrake, there are 2 blue or green plastic tabs that are used in order to attach the center console on top of that. They are rectangular in shape. Make sure you place them in the correct orientation. If you place them wrong, the rear console will get moved 1/16" to the right and back towards the e-brake and scratch the leather portion...
Thanks for the tip! i had everything on and trying to screw the console down and figured out I had to move the clips over. Pretty straight forward and man does a CF ebrake look good! Its a real PITA trying to remove the console with bucket seats and a roll bar!