996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just bought a 2003 GT2....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 01:56 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
awesome car i just did that drive through norcal n oregon two weeks ago in my 996TT

curious how much did she go for?

Old 10-05-2009, 05:45 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 80shilling
As far as I have been told, this Car is stock.. If you have some information about it, I would be really interested .... I have actually talked to you in person about the 650 HP upgrade and having suspension work done. If you need the VIN # , I can give it to you. It's always nice to get history on a Car when you buy it and I would love to know more about this particular Car, if in fact it is the one you think it is.

Thanks...
Good talking to you too today Send over the VIN... there's always a possibility that it's a different car but I do remember Tommy's car looking like that. By the sound of it the car is now back to stock so we've got some playing to do

Old 10-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Former Vendor
titannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nice
Great car, congrats

Old 10-05-2009, 08:14 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
GORGEOUS CAR, congrats!

My advice? LWFW and suspension, and then ENJOY

Old 10-05-2009, 08:36 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
GORGEOUS CAR, congrats!

My advice? LWFW and suspension, and then ENJOY
Suspension is the first thing on my list, but I'm just doing a corner balance, aggressive track day setup and ride height adjustment.. I have in the past gone too track oriented and it makes for a less than streetable car.

LWFW? I'm not familiar with that abbreviation...

Thanks for the welcome...

Old 10-05-2009, 08:38 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
awesome car i just did that drive through norcal n oregon two weeks ago in my 996TT

curious how much did she go for?
High $70'S.. I wasn't going to spend that much on it, but it was in such flawless condition that I paid the price...

Old 10-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Nice car! How many miles?

Looks like maybe sharky has previously modified the car? you may be in for a free re-flash

Old 10-05-2009, 09:03 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Suspension is the first thing on my list, but I'm just doing a corner balance, aggressive track day setup and ride height adjustment.. I have in the past gone too track oriented and it makes for a less than streetable car.

LWFW? I'm not familiar with that abbreviation...

Thanks for the welcome...
Lightweight Flywheel, makes those rev's fly

Suspension setup with stock shocks/springs will make a difference, but if you really want to drive fast in it (track wise) or with confidence doing so, you much change it all out! Take it slow, you'll know when the time comes that you need to upgrade it , enjoy

Old 10-05-2009, 09:18 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Great color combo (interior is super color...same as mine...PITA to get track seats for it..I'm doing mine up custom... Brisa Soleil "Aztec" matches natural brown pretty well....fyi).

Follow the advice of iLMM3 on things...he has one and has it tuned for the track, and PM 930man, he has a wicked fast black GT2 (he is the reason it is fast....but it has a few GMG tricks in it..).

Jeff

Old 10-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Great color combo (interior is super color...same as mine...PITA to get track seats for it..I'm doing mine up custom... Brisa Soleil "Aztec" matches natural brown pretty well....fyi).

Follow the advice of iLMM3 on things...he has one and has it tuned for the track, and PM 930man, he has a wicked fast black GT2 (he is the reason it is fast....but it has a few GMG tricks in it..).

Jeff
THANKS BUD! I hope all is well with you Jess, we didn't get to catch up at any track events this past season, time flies

Old 10-05-2009, 10:03 PM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of
High $70'S.. I wasn't going to spend that much on it, but it was in such flawless condition that I paid the price...
not bad, if I remember correctly, it was listed for around 88 on their website.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by ari
Nice car! How many miles?

Looks like maybe sharky has previously modified the car? you may be in for a free re-flash
17,000... It really looks like new....

Old 10-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Lightweight Flywheel, makes those rev's fly

Suspension setup with stock shocks/springs will make a difference, but if you really want to drive fast in it (track wise) or with confidence doing so, you much change it all out! Take it slow, you'll know when the time comes that you need to upgrade it , enjoy
I've spent the last 30 years racing Shifter Karts, Cars and Motorcycles... I am at the point where if I am going to do any serious track time again, I'll get a dedicated track Car... This GT2 is just going to do the odd track day for fun.. Mostly Laguna Seca, Thunderhill, Sears/Infineon and Willows...

Old 10-05-2009, 11:23 PM
MotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to behold
I was interested in that car a few months ago, they were asking high 80's. I almost flew up but found one locally. Did you see the 04 in Sunnyvale Ford?

Old 10-05-2009, 11:26 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Let me congratulate you on a fantastic and beautiful car. I really enjoyed the write up and look forward to your contributions here on the 6. One thing that I will suggest (not from personal experience, but from my years of reading about these cars), when getting your GT2's suspension adjusted, be sure to go to somebody who is VERY familiar with how to properly set-up these cars. They are not easy cars to get correct and this was expressed in great length by Excellence magazine when they revisited the GT2 in an article. They couldn't believe what an improvement it had been over the initial tests. It turned out that the press cars available to the media had been adjusted incorrectly FROM THE FACTORY!!!! During that first test drive they spoke of the car being jittery and unsurefooted. Once given proper adjustments, they raved about how well the car performed and pretty much retracted all of the negative comments during that first test drive. Basically the GT2 is very sensitive to any adjustments made and quite difficult to get it right, but once you do, is one of the most rewarding cars to drive without going to something that isn't propelled by rocket engines. You are certainly in good hands with Sharky!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just bought a 2003 GT2....