996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

997TT TA style rear bumper on a 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 11:25 AM
shane is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
i'd love to see some better pix, but from those initial shots, it looks really nice! If it were me, I'd get those grills painted black, but I do like the grills a lot! Much better than how the 997TT TA unit doesn't have them and makes those whole look even more gaping and a little unfinished even.
Hi
Painting the grill's in black would make them almost invisible on slate grey,
the alloy color of the screen's reflect's on the clear part of the tail light which i like , if you take a close look at the last pic you will be able to see the exhaust tips with a painted black screen's around them & [you can hardly notice the screens in black ]that highlights the chrome tail pipe's that's was my request from the bodyshop. maby black screen's will work better with a different color ?!
Thx
Shane

Old 10-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
i'd go with black mesh but if you like it, go for it.

interested to know what's visible behind the mesh? i know the muffler but is the IC shroud, fixings, any part of the chassis/sheetmetal visible?

Old 10-06-2009, 12:08 PM
REELDEEP is infamous around these parts
looks good...

Old 10-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Mad Ness
i'd go with black mesh but if you like it, go for it.

interested to know what's visible behind the mesh? i know the muffler but is the IC shroud, fixings, any part of the chassis/sheetmetal visible?
Hi
You will not be able to see much behind the screen's unless you are looking real close & keep in mind the color of the heat shields is the same color as the screen's [alloy] so they match , now if they were painted black you might be able to notice the heat shields and other parts with alloy color finish , as far as the IC i did not notice much,I will try & get some more detailed pic's.
Shane

Old 10-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by REELDEEP
looks good...

Thank you

Old 10-06-2009, 12:50 PM
bimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to behold
The rear bumper looks great!!!! Was there alot of prepping/blocking to get the bumper perfect?

Old 10-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by bimmer81
The rear bumper looks great!!!! Was there alot of prepping/blocking to get the bumper perfect?

Tnx
Not too much body work at all , had to drill some hole's for the park assist
but the bumper itself was good quality ,did not have to spend lots of time on blocking/prepping , a bit more work on the side skirts , like i said before every aftermarket part will need prepping & blocking , you should not worry about it , Precision Porsche parts quality is not bad at all.......talk to Edwin mention your concerns.
Shane

Old 10-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by shane
Hi
You will not be able to see much behind the screen's unless you are looking real close & keep in mind the color of the heat shields is the same color as the screen's [alloy] so they match , now if they were painted black you might be able to notice the heat shields and other parts with alloy color finish , as far as the IC i did not notice much,I will try & get some more detailed pic's.
Shane
a bit frankenstein but is there enough space inside to fab an IC outlet (alum) shroud matched to the hole, no mesh, visible IC's

Old 10-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by ixotuckeroxi
can we get a pic of a full side shot to see the comparison on how low the rear is vs the front?

what front is in the car in the pics?

i heart the new sideskirts too. i have them on my car and they are so baller!

i will get some more side shot's next week.
Name:  996TT  TA style rear bpr 017.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  288.3 KB

Name:  996TT  TA style rear bpr 020.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  332.3 KB

Old 10-07-2009, 11:04 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shane
i will get some more side shot's next week.
Attachment 106906

Attachment 106907
Pix look great! Can you take a straight on side shot? I really like what you did to create a bit more downforce in front
Stupid front license plate laws

Old 10-08-2009, 02:45 AM
ExigentM is infamous around these parts
looks great !

Old 10-08-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Pix look great! Can you take a straight on side shot? I really like what you did to create a bit more downforce in front
Stupid front license plate laws
I asked the bodyshop to fill up the bumper holes and paint it ....i can't stand looking at the front license plate it doesn't match the front end, so the decision was to go with a floating license plate which is mounted on two arms that are bolted to the front bumper rebar & gave it an angel so it doesn't block air flow to the center radiator[ it's a real gt2 front bumper , complete oem conversion ] .
You can not imagine how much more downforce it create's .
Will take a few more shot's soon.