996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Cheap boost hoses...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
In you case it worked. But most Porsche owners do not wrench and don't even know how to insall them let alone do a pressure test. Wem shops put them on they never check for boost leaks. Btw both of clients are 6 speed members too. So it's real.
Good hoses cost are $500 let alone real. To Cnc the aluminum fittings alone is at Least $35 each assuming you have a cad drawing and do 100 of them. There are 6 in a set. No we can't compete with china on price but on quality no doubt. I rather sleep well at night that my hoses do not leak and do not need boost leak testing. But If one is putting on Chinese hoses then im saying no porsche owner just waste $250 because they do not offer any benefit. None. Look inside a samco hose and you will aprreciate quality. Btw I dont sell them just letting you know.
I would have pressure tested them either way; just for the peace of mind.
I never implied that you sold them, but i'm sure you have a preference. I thought about getting samco hoses, but then read about all the fitment headaches everyone on here was having w/them and I just didn't want to deal w/taking my car apart and having hoses that didn't fit, or didn't fit just "right". I agree w/what your saying but a company like forge or samco strives on making just hoses..so you'd have to be a fool to try and reinvent the wheels when someone already has.

I appreciate your knowledge when it comes to the p-car, you def know your ****, and actually i've used alot of your advise when comes to my own car as far as problemsolving and fact-finding. I just couldn't see myself spending a fortune on boost hoses..."my opinion". Keep up the good work...

Old 09-18-2011, 07:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vntperformance
I would have pressure tested them either way; just for the peace of mind.
I never implied that you sold them, but i'm sure you have a preference. I thought about getting samco hoses, but then read about all the fitment headaches everyone on here was having w/them and I just didn't want to deal w/taking my car apart and having hoses that didn't fit, or didn't fit just "right". I agree w/what your saying but a company like forge or samco strives on making just hoses..so you'd have to be a fool to try and reinvent the wheels when someone already has.

I appreciate your knowledge when it comes to the p-car, you def know your ****, and actually i've used alot of your advise when comes to my own car as far as problemsolving and fact-finding. I just couldn't see myself spending a fortune on boost hoses..."my opinion". Keep up the good work...
No problem.. BTW, I solved myself the issue with the Forge hoses... They are aware of it... it was nothing more then adding the longer aluminum adaptor on both upper IC to hose sides... done deal...
I just saw nightmares... and honestly felt bad when one of them said, I just spent $650 on them... I simply put my OEM one I had on the shelf the problem went away.. he freaked out lol

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-18-2011, 08:02 PM
earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
No problem.. BTW, I solved myself the issue with the Forge hoses... They are aware of it... it was nothing more then adding the longer aluminum adaptor on both upper IC to hose sides... done deal...
I just saw nightmares... and honestly felt bad when one of them said, I just spent $650 on them... I simply put my OEM one I had on the shelf the problem went away.. he freaked out lol
Thanks for correcting that issue with Forge, I only got one long CNC fitting from them and that turned my passenger side hose install into a nightmare. Do you have a point of contact with them (or do you sell a single "long" CNC fitting)?

Old 09-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by earl3
Thanks for correcting that issue with Forge, I only got one long CNC fitting from them and that turned my passenger side hose install into a nightmare. Do you have a point of contact with them (or do you sell a single "long" CNC fitting)?
I dont sell the flanges. I brought it up to one of the distributors I get them from and he contacted them.. Im sure if you call the USA office they will help you out... its an easy fix you just need two long ones... then cut the pass side hose 3/4 up on top...
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL