996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Having trouble flashing ECU

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 06:20 PM
justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !
Having trouble flashing ECU

Hi Guys,

My dad has my car at his shop, and is having some difficulty trying to flash it with the EPL flash loader. He's tried it with the ignition turned (but not the motor started). Basically, he selects the flash file, and then, as he puts it:

"After the "choose cable" msg, it reads "writing flash", then goes to retrying then error message:
Failed to write flash. Be sure to check all cable connections before trying again."

All the cables are secure. Do you guys have any troubleshooting thoughts? The best I found in an archive search was someone saying his laptop wasn't compatible, and he had to use a Ross-Tech cable or something (not sure how that's different from Tony's? I've never seen either, though). Hoping that's not it, as this process has taken so long I'd hate to wait for one to come in if that's really what it needs..

Thanks,
Justin

Old 10-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Justin,

Sounds like your voltage is low. Have your father throw a battery charger on it while its flashing and try again.

Dave can give him a call tomorrow if he needs help.

-Tony

Old 10-08-2009, 06:28 AM
justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !
Tony,

Sent Dave an email, will probably get in touch with him soon.

Does anyone else have ideas? I spoke with my dad and he says the car (and the laptop) are both actively being charged during the process. He also said the cable has a green light when he attempts the flash. For what it's worth, the laptop in question is a clunky old Thinkpad that is hooked up to the internet when trying to flash.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justinmm2
Tony,

Sent Dave an email, will probably get in touch with him soon.

Does anyone else have ideas? I spoke with my dad and he says the car (and the laptop) are both actively being charged during the process. He also said the cable has a green light when he attempts the flash. For what it's worth, the laptop in question is a clunky old Thinkpad that is hooked up to the internet when trying to flash.
Justin,

I just confirmed that he did not connect to the server. This is usually firewall issues.

Dave will get back to you asap.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:41 AM
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
i,m having problems also, i tried everything switched off firewall, restarting the computer, reinstallesd the drivers, nothing worked, i get this message after a couple of seconds when i hit start flash, it gets to executing the security procedure then keeps saying retrying in the status bar and then this message pops up (eplflashui has stopped working) please help tony.

Last edited by jalmood; 10-18-2009 at 05:44 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:58 AM
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
am trying in the weekends, does EPL servers work on weekends, or do they switch them off?

Old 10-18-2009, 07:00 AM
Sometimes it reaches to the point when it says in the status bar flashing or programming ECU and then indicators error messages starts appearing in the cars dashboard which i know is normal during the flash procedure but then the check your cable message appears and it stops there without continuing.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:33 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jalmood
Sometimes it reaches to the point when it says in the status bar flashing or programming ECU and then indicators error messages starts appearing in the cars dashboard which i know is normal during the flash procedure but then the check your cable message appears and it stops there without continuing.
Jalmood,

The server shows that you have flashed your file 3 times this morning successfully.

Im available for a few minutes of realtime support. Please email me your msn,aim, google talk or skype ID.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:41 AM
Tony, the program never completed the flash

Old 10-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jalmood
Tony, the program never completed the flash

Please email me. Im showing otherwise here and would love to help!