996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Back on the Road ......... K24/20's this time.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Ben, going to be out of town this weekend it looks like. On a good note I leave for Austin on Sunday night. Meeting up with one of the best tuners in the world and working with one of the best Porsche tuners to get the monster running!!

Old 10-09-2009, 12:57 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Ben, going to be out of town this weekend it looks like. On a good note I leave for Austin on Sunday night. Meeting up with one of the best tuners in the world and working with one of the best Porsche tuners to get the monster running!!
Damn you Chris!!

Old 10-09-2009, 01:03 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Ben no need to worry I have some extra jets laying around,just show me where the carburetor Is on these new fangled machines.jeez

Old 10-09-2009, 01:06 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Ben no need to worry I have some extra jets laying around,just show me where the carburetor Is on these new fangled machines.jeez
HAHAHA!

Old 10-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Ben, I forgot to ask, what size injectors are you running?

Old 10-09-2009, 04:09 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
wow, this is going to be an interesting texas mile with Ben and Todd testing their new setups...

Old 10-09-2009, 05:06 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by colorinc
LMAO good stuff!! .... my motor is almost back together ran the heat cycle this week and now retorqueing the head studs fun like a 12hr project ... should be on the road soon maybe sunday... glad your having fun man!!

t
Tim are you coming to the Mile?

Old 10-09-2009, 05:09 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drjoe
wow, this is going to be an interesting texas mile with Ben and Todd testing their new setups...
Don't forget Dr Joe.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:15 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Congrats for your great set up!

Old 10-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Sean honestly i'm going to have to let Steve answer that. The answer escapes me at the moment.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:34 PM
MexIcant has a reputation beyond reputeMexIcant has a reputation beyond reputeMexIcant has a reputation beyond reputeMexIcant has a reputation beyond reputeMexIcant has a reputation beyond reputeMexIcant has a reputation beyond reputeMexIcant has a reputation beyond reputeMexIcant has a reputation beyond reputeMexIcant has a reputation beyond reputeMexIcant has a reputation beyond reputeMexIcant has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Great,

Now get some C16 in the tank and crank up the boost !

Old 10-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bmoores
Got my new and improved car back on the road last night. I went from 24/18g's with injectors and a Proto Tune to 24/20's with full Protomotive fuel system, intake, plenum, IC's, MAF and god knows what else. After about 35 miles worth of driving and checking for leaks etc. I can say that at 1 bar on pump with the 20's this car feels closer to the 18's on race gas. I am very very happy. Can't wait to run some logs and get them to Todd for a fine tune and see if we have more room for improvement.

HUGE thanks to Steve Ott @ Driver Source for another meticulous install. If you are in South East Texas look him up. He'll treat your car like his own (this is a good thing). Anyways i'll do my best to get some numbers before the mile. I just want to enjoy the damn thing right now.
Congrats on a terrific result at the mile.It makes your spec even more interesting. Can you give detail outline of exactly what has been done to your car and the spec it is now? tia

Old 10-20-2009, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by Red 9
Congrats on a terrific result at the mile.It makes your spec even more interesting. Can you give detail outline of exactly what has been done to your car and the spec it is now? tia
K24/20g's from Protomotive (I'm not sure if they have any special tweaks I bought them from colorinc)
Injectors
Secondary Fuel Pump
75mm Throttle Body
Proto Intake, Y-Pipe, and Plenum
Proto Intercoolers w/ DV's mounted on them
Sachs Motorsport Clutch and LWFW
Greddy Profec B II
and a Protomotive Tune.

Off the top of my head thats all I can remember. I'll have dyno numbers Tomorrow and a dedicated 60-130 run sometime this week.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:01 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Good Luck Ben on your 60-130 !!