996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

OEM brake pads or Aftermarket?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 09:28 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Project911
no, just speeding on the streets and highway.
Honesty ftw

Originally Posted by jhuang25
You're putting Pagid yellows on your street car? LOL
You may think thats a good idea right now, but i got them on my car and you get some CRAZY looks when you pull to a stop at a light. People look at you like your car is broken, or they are surprised a porsche pulled up because it sounds like a garbage truck...
That look is so funny.....

Yeah, i "modulate" as well... basically, wait until the last second and slam on them to a stop. HAHAHA!
LOL

Old 10-09-2009, 09:50 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
You're putting Pagid yellows on your street car? LOL
You may think thats a good idea right now, but i got them on my car and you get some CRAZY looks when you pull to a stop at a light. People look at you like your car is broken, or they are surprised a porsche pulled up because it sounds like a garbage truck...
lol...you got the complete noise package!
abso-droning-lutely!

You're local huh.. what mods you got?

Old 10-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Project911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by flash68
abso-droning-lutely!

You're local huh.. what mods you got?
all stock right now except for some wheels.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:17 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
all stock right now except for some wheels.
sounds like someone else needs the GT Dump Truck Package

Old 10-11-2009, 05:26 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I've used the mintex pads with great success... Highly recommend them for the street... Minimal dust and zero noise, and wear is good... If they only made a pad for the GT3 caliper!

Mike

Old 10-11-2009, 05:43 AM
ExigentM is infamous around these parts
I'm having the Pagid Yellows put in this week for a track event over the weekend. How well do they perform on-track?

Old 10-11-2009, 05:52 AM
ABCar is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mikelly
i've used the mintex pads with great success... Highly recommend them for the street... Minimal dust and zero noise, and wear is good... If they only made a pad for the gt3 caliper! Hilarious

mike
thanks

Old 10-11-2009, 06:21 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I got 16 days out of the rears and 9 days out of the fronts on my setup, which uses the GT3 6 piston caliper. I love them, but suspect as my driving advances, I'll need to move to pagid blacks for more initial bite.

The RS29 yellows are absolutely the most rotor friendly pad I've ever used and a great pad for DE.

mike

Originally Posted by ExigentM
I'm having the Pagid Yellows put in this week for a track event over the weekend. How well do they perform on-track?

Old 10-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Mikelly

The RS29 yellows are absolutely the most rotor friendly pad I've ever used and a great pad for DE.

mike
Mike, since I have already committed to the yellows (they are being installed tmrw) for now, what are your thoughts on them as daily drivers?

Maybe I will try the mintex next depending on how the yellows do for me.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:32 PM
sc_trojan has a spectacular aura aboutsc_trojan has a spectacular aura about
porterfield has a nice compound with minimal brake dust and no noise. plus they give 10% off for pcofa members.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:53 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
Mike,
Any part# or version of Mintex? Thanks.
Originally Posted by Mikelly
I've used the mintex pads with great success... Highly recommend them for the street... Minimal dust and zero noise, and wear is good... If they only made a pad for the GT3 caliper!

Mike

Old 10-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Project911 is infamous around these parts
i got the same questions for the mintex pads.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:22 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
for street...ebc reds are great...

jeff

Old 10-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
for street...ebc reds are great...

jeff
what's the skinny? better than stock? no noise? thanks!

Old 10-12-2009, 04:40 AM
I don't have a compound specific to them. They're what's offered at Pelicanparts.com.

I look at track pads the same way I look at track tires... To damned expensive to eat up on the street. If you're using drilled rotors, you're burning money quickly... I'd buy a cheap $90 set of Mintex (or comperable) pads to eat up on the street and shelve the yellows until you track the car. If you have no intent on tracking the car, I'd personally sell them and just run something a lot less sexy, loud and dusty, and save your money! BTW, you can buy all four corners worth of mintex pads for less than the cost of a set of front pagid yellows! For a street car, you can't go wrong. These pads work well in the right conditions. I've used the rears on the track when I didn't get my pagid yellows shipped in time! Zero noise with the mintex and less dust than stock!

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 10-12-2009 at 04:43 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OEM brake pads or Aftermarket?