996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just recieved my 72lb injectors along with the Flash Cable from Tony At EPL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 03:35 AM
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
Just recieved my 72lb injectors along with the Flash Cable from Tony At EPL

the car is allready in the workshop getting the Injectors fitted in, after that i'll drive back home to do the ECU Flashing, i have the current parts installed:

-K24/K26 Turbos
-Reinforced DV's
-5 Bar FPR
-AP intercoolers
-AP silicon Boost with F-hose
-AP dual intake carbon fiber air filter box
-BMC Airfilter
-GT2 fuel pump
-speedart's 100 Cell exhaust system
-speedart's sport Headers
-Denso IK-22 Iridium spark plugs
-RSS 70mm plenum
-FVD turbo intake plenum.
-LWFW with racing clutch.
-72lb injectors (getting installed)

Just a question for you guys, is it safe to drive the car back home from the workshop with the 72lb injectors fitted before flashing? and how long does uploading my current software take? and how long before i recieve my new EPL tune? and how long does it take to flash the ECU?
and finally what HP and Torque figures should i expect after flashing with EPL on 95 octane fuel?

Last edited by jalmood; 10-16-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:59 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
All those questions your tuner should be able to answer...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-16-2009, 07:08 AM
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
I know that mark, but Tony seems to be busy these days as i didn't get any response from him that's why am asking you guys.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jalmood
I know that mark, but Tony seems to be busy these days as i didn't get any response from him that's why am asking you guys.
Hey Jalmood,

I see your email from yesterday and will respond shortly. Im sorry if you feel I'm busy these days.... Take a look back at most of our email conversation... Most have been answered in literally minutes.

Ill respond to this one in just a few.

Thanks!
Tony

Old 10-16-2009, 07:56 AM
No problem Tony.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Guys i just drove the car back from the workshop after installing the injectors before the flashing the ECU i noticed that the car is faster but the car stutters and hesitates alot before the turbos kick in, i didn't have this problem before, any ideas to the cause of this, maybe it will be better after i flash the ECU?

Old 10-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
It will be a LOT better after you flash the ECU (DME).

Old 10-16-2009, 10:20 AM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldnt drive it until it is flashed. I just went thru this and fouled all of my plugs. I think it might have been due to my fuel pressure being too high though. I wouldnt chance it though as plugs are a PITA to do.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks everyone, i was worried that it might be something else.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:55 PM
i just pluged the cable in and did the flash, but after that the car refused to start, i got the message that the flash was successful, the dashboard lights are on but its not starting. am i going to get a new flash before i can use the car again? if that is the case what happened to my original program?

Old 10-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jalmood
i just pluged the cable in and did the flash, but after that the car refused to start, i got the message that the flash was successful, the dashboard lights are on but its not starting. am i going to get a new flash before i can use the car again? if that is the case what happened to my original program?
Please email me your VIN. Are you sure you didnt foul plugs driving your car on stock ecu and 72lb injectors?

Old 10-16-2009, 03:37 PM
sc_trojan has a spectacular aura aboutsc_trojan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
....Are you sure you didnt foul plugs driving your car on stock ecu and 72lb injectors?
OUCH.... nice lesson to be learned....... there goes another few hours of labor.....

Old 10-16-2009, 03:51 PM
sent you the VIN, check your E-Mail.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:51 PM
not stock ECU, speedarts ECU

Old 10-16-2009, 03:53 PM
well, the dashboard lights are on, but i can't hear the starter, and i started the car before flashing and it started normally.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.