996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

P-box data for joetwint's TX Mile run...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:58 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
If you didn't turn on the 1-foot roll-out option, then yes...the 1/4 mile E.T. was probably off. With 1 foot roll-out option turned on, it's almost identical to timeslips at dragstrips. This has been verified by members of this forum who have used their v-boxes at the strip.

I can't speak to the accuracy of the radar guns used at the Texas mile, but I can tell you without a doubt that v-boxes and p-boxes are extremely accurate overall.

Originally Posted by jbsteven
I am going to post up some of my info just for comparison and also my observations especially with the Vboxes.

My car is the 2005 Ford GT TT/SC that ran 226.200 mph on Sunday.

My vbox was showing only 220 on the 226 run. The distance was not correct either. So, what this could possibly mean is Joe was running faster than 230 when all the fun happened.

I nailed a 4.52 second 60-130 on the 226 run as well. The way I drive my car from the start is I hit it fairly good in first and when the tires start to spin towards the end of first I slam it into 2nd and I get full traction from this point on when I use R6's. Keep in mind the GT's are geared VERY high (256 mph stock). You can see my 1/4 mile on the vbox is 11.02 at 151 mph. With a 4.52 60-130 there is no way my true 1/4 was 11.02, it HAS to be lower (I ran a 11.06 at 131mph verified at Hennesseys track with 609 rwhp).

In closing my opinion is the vboxes are great to use to compare to other vbox runs BUT they are not accurate like a 1/4 dragstrip or Texas Mile result will be.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-20-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:07 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
I'm pretty sure my 1 foot roll out is set. I will double check.

why was my vbox only showing 223.45 (I just rechecked the file) when I ran 226? just throwing out a counterpoint. *****After rechecking the file the speed the vbox shows (223.45) and what the Mile recorded (226.200) seems pretty darn close.*****

I trust the Mile's timing lights as who they use they are highly certified and do MANY big time events. This was confirmed by someone that runs open road courses where the people who did the Mile timing do it there.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Jason,sorry we didn't meet,your GT was very impressive and you drove the hell out of it....What a car.I really need to get my butt out to the next GT rally:-)Thanks for the thumbs up on the save;-)Joe

thanks for the kind words.

I got a feeling there might be more Mile stuff for future GT rally's.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:18 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Way to Go JoDirt jbsteven knows what this means

Old 10-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by art4iza
Way to Go JoDirt jbsteven knows what this means

haha and so does everyone else that has seen my haircut.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:26 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Joe - Your car is Baaaddddd Assssz!! just plain stupid fast. Hope to see you again in March.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jbsteven
I'm pretty sure my 1 foot roll out is set. I will double check.

why was my vbox only showing 223.45 (I just rechecked the file) when I ran 226? just throwing out a counterpoint. *****After rechecking the file the speed the vbox shows (223.45) and what the Mile recorded (226.200) seems pretty darn close.*****
JB,

Would you mind sending me your v-box .dbn file? I'd like to analyze your run if it's okay with you. Divexxtreme@hotmail.com.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:32 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Joe,

Eric and I had a blast with you guys from EVOMS, and really appreciate the hospitality given to a "Prowler Driver". Your car is #1 by a BIG MARGIN.
Fastest Porsche in the World is what I call it. Like Markski said, Driving a car like
this in a top speed event is not something to take lightly. The Corvettes, and Gallardos seem to be Dead Planted going down the mile and the Porsches become
way more than a handful above 200 mph.
Congrats to Joe and EVOMS on building the most incredible TT Porsche that the world has ever seen!

Great Job!

MK

Old 10-20-2009, 12:01 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Well Said Marty. Question for all you guys that ran the mile: I felt a lane shift from L to R about one lane after 200mph and somewhere b/n 3/4 marker. Did you guys feel this shift also? This is before my catastrophic tire blow. Seemed the car went almost a lane to the Right.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:21 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Yup they all do it even the 997's but my car does it about 160 or 170 mph.
Originally Posted by art4iza
Well Said Marty. Question for all you guys that ran the mile: I felt a lane shift from L to R about one lane after 200mph and somewhere b/n 3/4 marker. Did you guys feel this shift also? This is before my catastrophic tire blow. Seemed the car went almost a lane to the Right.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Cool ....I stand corrected the we must have been a little loopyI don't have the sd card with me ......Todd Z has it and he is probbably counting sheep right now
Joe, I just looked at the data again. We were a bit loopy The 230MPH speed was at the 4825 foot mark at which point the roof popped and you let out of it. We also could see this from the in car video. You still had 466 feet to go. From what we can calculate, based on your rate of acceleration from the v-box, you could have hit between 235 to 237 MPH with a full and steady run to the 5280 foot mark without the roof problem. We are finishing the video now and we will post it here shortly.

Thank you all for your comments and it was great to meet everyone. Glad everyone is safe and I look forward to another event like this soon.

Art, Betim and all that were involved with the BBI team, I never got a chance to congratulate you all on your achievement. The speed you guys ran was amazing. GREAT JOB!!!!

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds

Last edited by Evolution MotorSports; 10-20-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:29 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Thanks Marty ....that a big compliment coming from you :-)
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Joe,

Eric and I had a blast with you guys from EVOMS, and really appreciate the hospitality given to a "Prowler Driver". Your car is #1 by a BIG MARGIN.
Fastest Porsche in the World is what I call it. Like Markski said, Driving a car like
this in a top speed event is not something to take lightly. The Corvettes, and Gallardos seem to be Dead Planted going down the mile and the Porsches become
way more than a handful above 200 mph.
Congrats to Joe and EVOMS on building the most incredible TT Porsche that the world has ever seen!

Great Job!

MK

Old 10-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks Eric,it was my pleasure hanging with you and MK :-)
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Joe - Your car is Baaaddddd Assssz!! just plain stupid fast. Hope to see you again in March.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
Joe, I just looked at the data again. We were a bit loopy The 230MPH speed was at the 4825 foot mark at which point the roof popped and you let out of it. We also could see this from the in car video. You still had 466 feet to go. From what we can calculate, based on your rate of acceleration from the v-box, you could have hit between 235 to 237 MPH with a full and steady run to the 5280 foot mark without the roof problem. We are finishing the video now and we will post it here shortly.
We must be looking at 2 different graphs. As you can see in the below pics, at 4825 feet, he was travelling 228.81 mph. Not 230.

Also as shown below, he hit 229.99 at 4,946 feet...as I stated earlier. That left him with 334 feet remaining.

From 4825 to 4946, a total of 121 feet, his speed increased 1.18 mph. Assuming he maintained the same rate of acceleration, he would have increased his speed by 3.25 mph in that distance...for a maximum speed of 233.24.

I'm not trying to get into a debate or anything, but either I was sent the wrong graph, or one of us reading it wrong.

Attached Images   

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-20-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Guys it really doesn't matter because I still had 18lbs of boost left and about 10 degrees of timing to go.(About 400 more whp):-D On top of that I had the Nasa engineers(yes the ones that built the space shuttle)on a flight and were due to arrive Saturday to make the necessary aero changes.We were also flying in a new set of Toyo tires with a specially formulated compound based solely on the asphalt sample taken from the Goliad airstrip.Yeah I know .....I'm a baller :-D. LoL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: P-box data for joetwint's TX Mile run...