996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

VIDEO: RobMD vs Lexus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:28 AM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
I can't believe Sloss(S-351) did not come up & introduce himself.Sloss what the hell?Attachment 107773
Was that you on the golf car all primped out? If it was, I didnt want to bother you while you were signing autographs for your fans. You looked very busy.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:30 AM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by function12
Are we done yet?
I am very surprised with the lack of response from Rob.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:09 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
I give blood, donate to my church and have paid for the meals of military members I have never met. I try to do what is right in this world as best I can. I have no doubt that Rob is a good man in person and generous with his time and skills, but Sean you are defending the indefensible around here and you are hypocrite as well. If I ever made the boasts, call outs and unsubstantiated claims around here that Rob does you would crucify me on a daily basis...I know it and you know it. I challenge you to tell me publicly right here and now that I am wrong....that you would give me a pass because I'm a good guy. Yet you make excuses ad nauseum for him. I was communicating with Rob thru pm's last night and I made a plea to him to just run the car in the 60-130 or do a 0-186 and let the car speak for itself. If it isnt a 2 sec 60-130 car, who gives a crap. Most people on this board will actually respect the posting of verifiable results, not the results themselves. I can tell you right now if Rob just runs his car and posts the numbers, whatever they may be, he will get my respect and I suspect the respect of many on this board......
KPG,

I guess I dance to the beat of a different drum. You know I have respect for many on this board including yourself. Rob has a very fast car and he also has my respect. What he chooses to post or not post (performance wise) is also fine with me. Why should anyone care. I'm sure you realize there are more than a few extremely fast Porsche's out there that don't post a peep on these forum's because they do not want to get involved with all the drama.

People rib each other here and I believe it starts to become far to serious when nothing is at stake. People latch on to things that don't really mean a thing and then they just don't want to let go. I can remember about ten years ago went it was a cardinal sin to put a GT2 logo on a tt. Now it is having a powerful car without wanting to post your zero to whatever numbers. This is all for what? I have to admit, being involved with this or any other forum always seems to have baggage. An occassional ribbing is all in fun, however once done it really should be let go. When stuff gets to the personal level ............. the fun is gone. This happens on all sides. I believe everyone needs to work on avoiding allowing it to happen.

Last edited by cjv; 10-20-2009 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Porschesolution is infamous around these parts
I think we should all get large pink nametags for the next event.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:32 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
or some t shirts that everyone is familar with

Old 10-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Porschesolution is infamous around these parts
THAT's a good idea. I was just being a smarta55 about my nametag comment.

Though, for all the Porsche/Ferrari events we (wife & I) attend, the nametags are really great because nobody is good with names.

Who wants to design a combo 6speedonline/TexasMile ID shirt??

Old 10-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I had a Boost Logic T-shirt on, but so did SW... Hmmmm maybe he was trying to ball out in my style JK!!!!

Old 10-20-2009, 01:49 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
but SW wears his hats straight Chris!

Old 10-20-2009, 06:51 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Christian
Miss-shift or not, if he (Rob) has 1000+rwhp he should have been pulling on the Lexus considering 300+rwhp advantage
Christian,

I agree with you and I watched it (I was there live) and it looked like Rob actually caught him at the end and would have pulled him had they kept
going. Having said that, there must be something wrong with his car or
his driving because with the build he has, He should have walked that Lexus that has a very basic set-up on it.

ALL in all, the drags were fun to watch,

MK

Old 10-20-2009, 06:56 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by art4iza
What was I doing, tanning My freakin neck is burned like a Tomato. Sorry to miss you bro, that sucks. Thanks for coming by though. Marty and I talked for a bit. He even saw me bringing the car back when the tire blew, I bet my face was pale then and my underpants were wet
Art,

It was good to meet you and your car is a monster, I love the exhaust set-up!! Nice runs by the way.

Oh, Sloss was busy running 60-130's in his rented bad *** Challenger,
that is why you missed him.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:59 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Art,

Oh, Sloss was busy running 60-130's in his rented bad *** Challenger,
that is why you missed him.
Sloss got waxed by the Sonata I rented on the way to Chili's

Old 10-20-2009, 07:02 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Disclaimer - Rob and I are friends, I have NO ill will towards him and as a matter of fact he called me to ask about the races on Sunday as he wasn't even there...

Marty - I love you brother, but what planet were you on when you watched these races? Rob's car wasn't even close to catching the Lexus at the end of the race...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne3uCKb_4ug

Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Christian,

I agree with you and I watched it (I was there live) and it looked like Rob actually caught him at the end and would have pulled him had they kept
going. Having said that, there must be something wrong with his car or
his driving because with the build he has, He should have walked that Lexus that has a very basic set-up on it.

ALL in all, the drags were fun to watch,

MK

Old 10-20-2009, 08:30 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Peter, I have to say I'm somewhat in agreement with Marty. I was standing next to Todd who took the video and I have to say it did appear that Rob was reeling him back in. The shut down at the 3/4 mile was just not enough real estate for Rob to fully recover from the "missed gear." Paulie and/or Dennis may be able to offer some perspective as well as they were with us.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:35 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Cool

Not that it really matters (b/c it doesn't to me ) but from my vantage point (close to the same place you were) it seemed to me that both cars were pretty evenly matched. In any case, moot point, BUTTTTTTTTTTT, it seemed like a dead heat.
Peter

Originally Posted by bmoores
Peter, I have to say I'm somewhat in agreement with Marty. I was standing next to Todd who took the video and I have to say it did appear that Rob was reeling him back in. The shut down at the 3/4 mile was just not enough real estate for Rob to fully recover from the "missed gear." Paulie and/or Dennis may be able to offer some perspective as well as they were with us.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:38 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
i posted this on monday but here is the first run

http://picasaweb.google.com/WilliamB...93805378750706

hard to tell

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VIDEO: RobMD vs Lexus