996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What did it take for you to run 10seconds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 11:34 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
+ 1 !!!

I built my car to Scott's specs and here is my best:

60' = 1.902
330' = 4.935
1/8 = 7.319
1/8 mph = 105.28
1000' = 9.35
1/4 mile et = 11.036
trap == 134.46

19" Michelin PS2's AWD, full weight with cage, etc.
organic clutch disc and factory dual mass flywheel
Marty, don't you think you could have neared Scott's time with DR's and RWD? That might make up a few tenths eh?

Both very good times tho and I agree with Dennis I would probably be in the low to mid 11s!

Old 10-25-2009, 11:35 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
you answered yourself the question...
your current mods will do it...

yea maybe im just skeptical i dont think the cars that fast but everyone who rides in my car seems to think its a 10second car right now *shrug*

just looking to optimize the setup i have cause i believe i can make some good power by just replacing the weak links of whats left and that should power me to my goal of 10seconds and 200mph in the mile n do it safely motor wise and health wise after some suspension and cage mods

William

Old 10-25-2009, 11:38 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Lil Powell
Just looked at your mods, Do a fuel system and you will easly have a a 10 sec car.
Guessed I missed it or don't see them in this thread... what are the OP's current mods?

Old 10-25-2009, 11:49 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
EVOMS GT640
Headers gt28's
Fabspeed Exhaust 100cell cats
EVOMS Intercoolers Silicone Hoses
EVOMS DV's
EVOMS V-Flow with GT2 wing Feeding it
LWFW

giac old flash at 1.2 bar

built bottom end with pauter x beams gt2 oil pump and buncha other new parts

plans are a new tune need to do spark plugs n coil packs, add aquamist HFS-6 and injectors swap for larger exhaust and possibly new inlet pipes as ive seen em called either way intercooler pipe upgrade and maybe something with the Y pipe
with that i should beableto run 1.4 bar on pump gas and 1.5-1.7 on race gas i think so just gathering info on what others have done with their power levels to see where i am at with my car when it goes in after my project in Mobile AL is done.

looking at some spare wheels for DR's and for the mile run some coilovers and cage to stay safe. (Art thanks for showing me how wide not to go on the DR's at the mile =)

Last edited by OS Inspector; 10-26-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:52 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
William,

Injectors and fuel pump and you've got a real beast on your hand. With the bottom end ready to rock you've got some major potential to crank the boost without much worry.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
EVOMS GT640
Headers gt28's
Fabspeed Exhaust 100cell cats
EVOMS Intercoolers Silicone Hoses
EVOMS DV's
EVOMS V-Flow with GT2 wing Feeding it
LWFW

giac old flash at 1.2 bar

built bottom end with pauter x beams gt3 oil pump and buncha other new parts

plans are a new tune need to do spark plugs n coil packs, add aquamist HFS-6 and injectors swap for larger exhaust and possibly new inlet pipes as ive seen em called either way intercooler pipe upgrade and maybe something with the Y pipe
with that i should beableto run 1.4 bar on pump gas and 1.5-1.7 on race gas i think so just gathering info on what others have done with their power levels to see where i am at with my car when it goes in after my project in Mobile AL is done.

looking at some spare wheels for DR's and for the mile run some coilovers and cage to stay safe. (Art thanks for showing me how wide not to go on the DR's at the mile =)
Nice mod list. So you still have the older GT640 turbos? I have heard those are very "peaky/laggy" from people who have since upgraded to the newer GT660/700 turbos.

Did you add the Pauter rods as a result of bending stock rods? Or preventative measure?

And my very next mod if I were you would be coilovers. Stock suspension is quite bad compared to a nice set of aftermarket coilovers. Especially at your power level.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
any 60ft under 2 is good in these cars. I'd didn't see Scotts 60ft but I am guessing right at 1.6 or so. then add some more for quicker shifting and you are there. your trap speed was almost identical.
Dennis
Dennis,

That was only a 1.80 60' on that run. I was really concerned about wheelhop, so I came out of the hole very gingerly.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by flash68
Nice mod list. So you still have the older GT640 turbos? I have heard those are very "peaky/laggy" from people who have since upgraded to the newer GT660/700 turbos.

Did you add the Pauter rods as a result of bending stock rods? Or preventative measure?

And my very next mod if I were you would be coilovers. Stock suspension is quite bad compared to a nice set of aftermarket coilovers. Especially at your power level.
i still dont know the exact turbo build on the car. but the car was over boosted to 33psi when a waste gate failed after the car was put together and it apparently bent a rod so the motor was rebuilt with a laundry list of goodies put back in the car driven for 1100 miles and then taken out again to fix leaks change the stock boost solenoid and couple other items and put back in.

the kit is a couple years old but only had 3k miles on it from install when i got it.

im looking at KW v3's so i can have full adjustability for top speed runs i dont want to be loose attempting a 200mph pass in the mile.

im sure i could just run some c16 and up the boost witha tune n make another 100horse but also want to make the whole system as effient as possible looking at the speedtech y pipe right now and the EVOMS inlet pipes and there are 2 other options for hard pipes also

if all those mods cant get me where i want to be a set of tial a28's will after but im confident with the planned path i can surpass my conservative goals.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:11 PM
i still dont know the exact turbo build on the car. but the car was over boosted to 33psi when a waste gate failed after the car was put together and it apparently bent a rod so the motor was rebuilt with a laundry list of goodies put back in the car driven for 1100 miles and then taken out again to fix leaks change the stock boost solenoid and couple other items and put back in.

the kit is a couple years old but only had 3k miles on it from install when i got it.

im looking at KW v3's so i can have full adjustability for top speed runs i dont want to be loose attempting a 200mph pass in the mile.

im sure i could just run some c16 and up the boost witha tune n make another 100horse but also want to make the whole system as effient as possible looking at the speedtech y pipe right now and the EVOMS inlet pipes and there are 2 other options for hard pipes also

if all those mods cant get me where i want to be a set of tial a28's will after but im confident with the planned path i can surpass my conservative goals.
33psi. Now that is some boost.

I remember how dicey my car felt at 150+ mph speeds before I had the coilovers. Night and day difference. You will enjoy that mod.

I have the alpha 28s and am looking at inlet pipes as one of my next couple mods too... I know of 2 production options on the market - EVOMS and the new Vivid silicone - what is the 3rd?

The Speedtech y pipe looks very nice as well. John does good stuff.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:34 PM
hrm might of mis read it last night its a FVD hard pipe to the inlet of the turbos not up to the y pipe

the car at 160 in montana 36* weather was like the eye of a storm smooth as glass this car doesn't even have 40k miles on it really drives like a dream i only backed out cause it was a forsure trip to jail and you never know about a pot hole or something upahead on unknown freeway. i had just stabbed 5th and looked down at 160mph and just let off

Last edited by OS Inspector; 10-25-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:34 PM
hrm might of mis read it last night its a FVD hard pipe to the inlet of the turbos not up to the y pipe

the car at 160 in montana 36* weather was like the eye of a storm smooth as glass this car doesn't even have 40k miles on it really drives like a dream i only backed out cause it was a forsure trip to jail and you never know about a pot hole or something upahead on unknown freeway. i had just stabbed 5th and looked down at 160mph and just let off
Didn't know about a FVD option, but looks like you are right. I think this is what you are talking about?
http://shop.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/9...lenum-Kit.html

Anyway, if you thought it felt good at 160 with stock suspension, wait til you do it with the upgraded coilovers.

Enjoy.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:05 PM
vivid has that on their site also its amazing to see what people will do with industrial hose products.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Dennis,

That was only a 1.80 60' on that run. I was really concerned about wheelhop, so I came out of the hole very gingerly.

Scott, that makes your run even that much more impressive. if you went for broke you could have dipped into the low 10's. Very impressive. what was your launch rpm on that run?

Next time you are in denver I will have you run my car at Bandimere, to see how much time you can pull on me

This is the first stick shift car I have ever drag raced. I have always had Torqueflights/TH400/powerglides. All easy to launch. takes a lot more skill to drag race a stick.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:34 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
can u add the motor mods for information purposes of the thread?
My motor mods have been listed 10,000 times on 6speed including
in the for sale section when I recently sold my car.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:58 AM
deef 996tt is infamous around these parts
650+ whp and good driver

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did it take for you to run 10seconds