996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Chris (Powell): Post your build out!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Chris (Powell): Post your build out!

Your car sounds like it is going to be awesome!!

Just the fact that you are going with 96lb injectors has me intrigued.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-released.html

You haven't seen this thread ? 96lb injectors are nothing new, nor do they suggest anything more than he's leaving some room on the table for safety which will aid when the limits start getting pushed.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Yes, and I saw the info on Chris's set up...I just think it merits a fuller discussion, especially since Chris and I have kissed and made up.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:34 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Yes, and I saw the info on Chris's set up...I just think it merits a fuller discussion, especially since Chris and I have kissed and made up.

Thanks for that mental image. I have to go puke now.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Damn I'm going through my pictures on this computer and the only ones I have on it are in that thread, but basically this how the build out goes. I will have detailed pictures when I get the car back. Until then I'll try to post up some pics of what I have so far. I didn't have my camera out much when I was at Boost Logic.

Boost Logic custom built headers that have been coated. They have a pair of TiAL 44mm Wastegates attached.

PT Billet 5857's w/o the E-Cover on (it will have a standard 3" Inlet)

Boost Logic custom 6" Core Intercoolers

The rest of the pics are from my iPhone so I'll wait till I get actual photos of the parts.

Fuel system basically consists of:
Boost Logic custom built Surge Tank (Fed by the stock fuel pump)
2x Bosch 044 Pumps w/ Aeromotive Fuel Filters
-6an lines that feed each fuel rail
5bar Regulator (may be replaced with an adjustable regulator)
96lb Injectors from EPL

All of my intake system has be redone. This include the Y-Pipe, the pipes to the intercoolers, and the pipes that go above the intercoolers for my air filters Also connected to the Y-Pipe is a pair of Tial 50mm Blow Off Valves.

The clutch setup consists of a Tilton Triple Carbon Clutch w/ GT2 Acum. Delete, and a few other pieces.

I've also lowered the car with a set of H&R Coil Overs. Yeah I know it's not go fast parts, but at least I will not be monster trucking anymore.

The tuning will be done by Tony @ EPL w/ Justin Nenni (hope I spelld that right) from Tuning Concepts doing the data logging and real time explanation to Tony what he's actually seeing the car do. I'm really no help when I try to explain something to Tony because the DME is a clever SOB and I still haven't figured it out yet.

My last 2 mods were for the mile, but I now have GT3 Seats for RoTEC and a Techquipment Roll bar w/o the Cross brace.

When I left Austin this is how the car looked. It just really needed the bumper put back on. You can see all the hardpiping, BOVs, etc. Sorry about the size of the picture!!

Old 10-20-2009, 04:23 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
looks/sounds like a serious setup... excited to see the the finished product..

Old 10-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Wrong on the intake system you still have stock behind the TB plenum and stock TB for now.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:50 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Nice build, looking forward to see the numbers Chris.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Thanks for that mental image. I have to go puke now.
At least there was no tongue involved, I swear

Old 10-21-2009, 07:42 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
At least there was no tongue involved, I swear
Missed your crazy azz at the mile. Where the heck were you.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:50 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Missed your crazy azz at the mile. Where the heck were you.
Cleaning the sand out of his Magina.Name:  coffee.gif
Views: 516
Size:  39.0 KB

Old 10-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Cleaning the sand out of his Magina.Attachment 107903

Old 10-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Cleaning the sand out of his Magina.Attachment 107903
its MAN-gina, crab boy

Eric, how is it going, Bro.

I was working my crazy *** off, plus something real bad happened to wifey so I had to spend some time w/ the family (not that I mend, lol).

I just realized, DOH, if I want to ever do the mile I need to install a roll cage. I hear its a $100 fine on the spot if you break 190 w/ out one.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:05 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
I just realized, DOH, if I want to ever do the mile I need to install a roll cage. I hear its a $100 fine on the spot if you break 190 w/ out one.
I saw an episode of "Trucks TV" where they bought a pickup and found out that the roll hoops were made out of PVC pipe wrapped in electrical tape. How close is the scrutineering at the mile?

Old 10-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-released.html

You haven't seen this thread ? 96lb injectors are nothing new, nor do they suggest anything more than he's leaving some room on the table for safety which will aid when the limits start getting pushed.

just wondering what kind of fuel pump is being run with those injectors? I would assume that those injectors are only being used on the ultra high HP setup.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chris (Powell): Post your build out!