996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best and easiest route - 550 to 600 to the wheels.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 03:36 PM
legendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eric@AMS
not a downgrade at all. An upgrade in fact. You can see what our Stock X50 Car did in comparison to this setup...its a HUGE improvement.

Of course our Billet K24's should do even more but if you are looking for instant spool and great power and torque these are your guys!

Eric
Eric, can you send me a price for k16 upgrades?

Old 10-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Here are some dyno sheets from our packages.

A comparison of our K16's to a set of k24's

SPI GT28's on 93 octane on a Tiptronic, baseline is regular GT28's at low boost:

Last edited by Neil Switzer; 10-23-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Here are some dyno sheets from our packages.

A comparison of our K16's to a set of k24's

SPI GT28's on 93 octane on a Tiptronic, baseline is regular GT28's at low boost:
How many hp/tq those SPI GT28's on 93 octane would make on 6speed car??? what about the cost??

Old 10-23-2009, 05:44 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Lot of these dynos are dynojets RWHP,these are obviously going to read much higher than AWD dynos like Mustang and Dynodynamics.

A good comparision would be these different setups on the same type of dyno ...Even better are the 60-130 and trap speed #'s at similar boost levels which tell us the real story and takes away all the variances.

In this case, i like the fact that AMS backed their DYNO#'s with solid trap speed and Tx mile speeds.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:45 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 80shilling
Where does the boost come on with the 30's, where does it reach peak boost? I really want to do an upgrade, but I keep hearing that most of these turbos are all about top end.. I track my Cars and so need good boost early on in the rev range (to get me out of corners that are in the 3000 rpm range), but need that boost to hold until 6500 rpm.. My GT2 comes with stock K24's and I have been thinking of an 18G upgrade.. With all these different options, it's really hard to come to a solid conclusion on which Turbos to use and I'm getting frustrated because everyone thinks their setup is the best...

I'm hoping for an expert who has set their Car up for 550-600RWHP who regularly tracks their Car at places like Laguna, Thunderhill, Sears or similar Racetracks to chime in with a solid recommendation for which turbos will suit my car...
Seems like a downgrade of my Turbos though??? Shouldn't I wait until you guys have a K24 upgrade?

If I were you I'd really consider a couple of things.

#1 Putting 550-660 rwhp on your car for the track in a GT2. Better know what you're doing.

#2 In relation to #1 quicker spool is much better than bigger hp on the track and your K24's still won't make the power of the Billet 16's unless you mod them. K24's will not give you the boost you are looking for in the 3k rpm range.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Roughly around 625whp/620wtq.

The entire package:

HIGH-PERFORMANCE SWITZER EXHAUST SYSTEM
SWITZER-MODIFIED GT28 TURBOCHARGERS
IRIDIUM PERFORMANCE SPARK PLUGS
SWITZER MONSTER INTERCOOLER KIT
ELECTRONIC BOOST CONTROLLER
HIGH-FLOW FUEL INJECTORS
CUSTOM DME SOFTWARE
HIGH-FLOW AIR FILTER
SWITZER HD CLUTCH SYSTEM FOR 6-SPEED 996 TT
SWITZER MONSTER INTERCOOLER PLUMBING W/ BILLET DV
DIGITAL MAF HOUSING AND MAF CALIBRATION
SWITZER COMPETITION-STYLE HEADERS

HIGH-FLOW INTAKE PLUMBING

CUSTOM DME SOFTWARE

22990-USD

Old 10-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by vbmw335
Lot of these dynos are dynojets RWHP,these are obviously going to read much higher than AWD dynos like Mustang and Dynodynamics.

A good comparision would be these different setups on the same type of dyno ...Even better are the 60-130 and trap speed #'s at similar boost levels which tell us the real story and takes away all the variances.

In this case, i like the fact that AMS backed their DYNO#'s with solid trap speed and Tx mile speeds.

We have a awd DynoJet, we do however, prefer to dyno in rwd.

Dyno numbers are just numbers, like you said, real world results are what matters most.

We mainly use the dyno to tune the power curve.

Here is a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsE9V...eature=channel

Old 10-23-2009, 06:05 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
If I were you I'd really consider a couple of things.

#1 Putting 550-660 rwhp on your car for the track in a GT2. Better know what you're doing.

#2 In relation to #1 quicker spool is much better than bigger hp on the track and your K24's still won't make the power of the Billet 16's unless you mod them. K24's will not give you the boost you are looking for in the 3k rpm range.
1. 20+ years of national level racing under my belt, plus Shifter Kart, Motorcycle racing. Also have been a race group instructor for a few local Race/Track day organizations.

2. I agree.. Usually, the area under the curve is what works best, rather than peak HP near redline. I would be looking at K24/18G's modded from Markski or similar...

Here's how my 944 Turbo dynos looked.. The difference wasn't so much the change from 2.8 liters to 3.0 liters, it was the Turbo that really made the Car shine.. Note the big fat HP and Torque curves on the 3.0 liter Car with correctly sized turbo (it took 4 attempts to get the exact right turbo for this engine). The 3.0 liter Car made less peak HP, but was infinitely faster and more driveable on both street and track...

Last edited by 80shilling; 10-23-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:51 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
my gt28's spool very fast in cooler weather im at 1.2 bar by 3400rpms now this is me trying to watch the road and the boost guages at the same time but i cant be much off

and they dont hit a wall in the upper rpm ranges. dont pull like a monster turbo but they spool pretty damn fast.

i dont have any numbers on my car yet but evoms used to offer the gt28 kit ina 640crank horsepower guesstimate

Old 10-23-2009, 07:19 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
my gt28's spool very fast in cooler weather im at 1.2 bar by 3400rpms now this is me trying to watch the road and the boost guages at the same time but i cant be much off

and they dont hit a wall in the upper rpm ranges. dont pull like a monster turbo but they spool pretty damn fast.

i dont have any numbers on my car yet but evoms used to offer the gt28 kit ina 640crank horsepower guesstimate
I think you may have the Gt28 with k16 hotside.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:21 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OS Inspector

What mods do you have William?
Mike

Old 10-23-2009, 07:25 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
here is my list

EVOMS gt640
headers and gt28 turbos
fabspeed exhaust 100cel cats
EVO intercoolers
EVO boost hoses
EVO DV
EVO V flow intake with gt2 wing
964rs lightweight flywheel n clutch

might have missed something but off the top of my head that the bolt on stuff

Old 10-23-2009, 07:28 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
You will definitely need the exhaust. K24/18g's or Alpha 28's and injectors will get you to that level quick and easy. If you think you will be happy there, that's all you need, go for it. If you think you will want to mod further in the future, go with Alpha 3071's and run lower boost for now? Intake and intercoolers are not necessary at that level, but highly recommended for improved efficiency, spool and maintained power over 6000rpm.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
You're limited by fuel supply with only a 5 BAR.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:45 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Brilliant!! That helps immensely... Thank you.
I am in SF and have the new alpha 28's installed if you wanna meet up and check em out sometime.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best and easiest route - 550 to 600 to the wheels.