996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Having issues with Agency Power Rear Adjustable Toe Link Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We dont weld anything here, especially on a suspension part as that is just DANGEROUS. You have 20,000 miles on a racing part and your complaining about the normal wear and tear of a spherical rod end? Confused! We have sold probably 200 sets of these worldwide. I offer a lifetime warranty on the product and would have sent you new rod ends if that was the case. The rod ends are 3pc teflon lined QA1 rod ends. Very durable and made specifically for this application. Google QA1 if you want. The inserts that go into the rod ends to run the mounting bolt through are stainless steel, not aluminum.

VSE Chuck - I appreciate your support, but "you get what you pay for"? Center 6061 CNC machined aluminum, high end 3pc rod ends. We just dont put Porsche tax on the part.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:09 AM
smdubovsky is infamous around these parts
Dan, agreed welding on a rod end is dangerous. Sure looks to me like heat distortion from a tig on his though. Both top and bottom look the same. Im not sure why anyone would do that.

BTW, It actually looks like you're using the tarret toe links on the pic you posted though

Attached Images  
Old 10-26-2009, 10:22 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
The rod ends definitely dont ship like that! The last picture is of a customers car from a year or 2 ago. We actually have our own Adj Toe Links available - CLICK HERE

Old 10-26-2009, 11:24 AM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by smdubovsky
Dan, agreed welding on a rod end is dangerous. Sure looks to me like heat distortion from a tig on his though. Both top and bottom look the same. Im not sure why anyone would do that.

BTW, It actually looks like you're using the tarret toe links on the pic you posted though
i agree bro, at first i was still trying to save some $$ so i try to have it welded from a local welder but after he started the inner plastic melted. sorry the pics but i have 17 more rod ends that have no weld marks. my apology for telling half the story. i was being cheap by trying to weld them together but it didnt work. on 6speed we all share infos, i am not trying to bash his products. i apologize if it may seem like thats what i'm doing. if the rod ends are still under warranty please sent me 8 more and i will gladly ship my ends that absolutely have no marks on them (promise). maybe i can sell the new one and try to recooperate some $$.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:34 AM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
The rod ends definitely dont ship like that! The last picture is of a customers car from a year or 2 ago. We actually have our own Adj Toe Links available - CLICK HERE

dan , the pics was took about 3-4 days ago. unless u can prove it please dont tell me the date (pics) when they were taken. i can take the other adjuster link rods (3 more) pics today n sent them to u maybe u can verifying the date. im not bashing your products. we can trade mine for these (they look beautifull). let me know if u can i'll be in Az on Wenesday. thanks Dan

Last edited by yllwturbo; 10-26-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Former Vendor
I have no problem helping you out, that is how we stand behind our parts. Did you already buy the RSS ones and install on your car? Sometimes people need to know that when you tell half a story, it DOES affect a product or brand. We and any other manufacturer just need to make sure the proper information is put out there.

Please forward me the pictures and your full name to dan@vividracing.com. Come by on Wed. If they are on the car, we can swap them out or send you on the way. If you have already installed the RSS ones, I can provide you with a store credit for other Agency Power parts.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Uh NO Dan, MINE ARE ALUMINUM...

Now, since you have stainless versions, how about sending me some, and I'll gladly send you back the ALUMINUM versions that came with mine... They're sitting in the box, ziptied to the heimjoints. Also, I'm pretty sure the units in your provided pics don't have teflon on them, and they are identical to the units you sent me...

Dan, I don't know what you're shipping out now, but ALUMINUM doesn't "stick" to a magnet... I would be more than happy to shoot a little video clip of YOUR inserts NOT sticking to the magnet I have, and of them being OVALIZED by some casual street driving, and 3 total (THREE) track days on them... be happy to put that right up on YOUTUBE for you, Buddy.

Just let me know!

Now, about those "stainless" inserts... You want to send me some?

Mike

Originally Posted by vividracing
We dont weld anything here, especially on a suspension part as that is just DANGEROUS. You have 20,000 miles on a racing part and your complaining about the normal wear and tear of a spherical rod end? Confused! We have sold probably 200 sets of these worldwide. I offer a lifetime warranty on the product and would have sent you new rod ends if that was the case. The rod ends are 3pc teflon lined QA1 rod ends. Very durable and made specifically for this application. Google QA1 if you want. The inserts that go into the rod ends to run the mounting bolt through are stainless steel, not aluminum.

VSE Chuck - I appreciate your support, but "you get what you pay for"? Center 6061 CNC machined aluminum, high end 3pc rod ends. We just dont put Porsche tax on the part.

Last edited by Mikelly; 10-27-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Former Vendor
See post below.

Last edited by vividracing; 10-27-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Former Vendor
Well now who is the A Hole <--- this guy. I just went back there and they have aluminum. I can send you a set no charge and when I get steel send you those. Let me know.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !

Dan, just do me one better and send me the steel ones when you get them, OK? And from now on, when I send you a PM offline, DON'T drag it into public until you've check!

We still love ya... In a redheaded stepchild sort of way...

Mike

Old 10-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Former Vendor
No problemo mi amigo!

Old 10-27-2009, 04:07 PM
dan, i ll try to stop by the shop tomorrow what time are u open?

Old 10-27-2009, 04:50 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
GMG is the only way to go, it's all they use at farnbacher-loles. I've heard they know what they're doing!

Old 10-27-2009, 04:53 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
GMG is the only way to go, it's all they use at farnbacher-loles. I've heard they know what they're doing!
I thought GMG's parts were manufacturered by ERP?

Old 10-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Former Vendor
We are open at 9am. See you then.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Having issues with Agency Power Rear Adjustable Toe Link Kit