996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Troubleshooting a Profec B - sanity check

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 09:19 AM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Okay, well on sale and backordered so I either wait a few weeks or dig around to find another source. I REALLY want to get this replaced ASAP so I can be sure that this was the problem. Winter is closing in here so I'm feeling pressured. Anyone found a reasonably priced source for these bad boys? That's in-stock? <sigh>

Old 10-31-2009, 11:44 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
tried HPF or any of the large Nopi type stores?

Old 10-31-2009, 06:07 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by OS Inspector
tried HPF or any of the large Nopi type stores?
NOPI had it quite cheap actually and I found a $30 coopun too! So with 2day shipping I'm still doing fine and haven't lost any time. Vivid has done me right in the past and shipped lightning quick but I cannot wait and want this puppy onboard or I'd have waited. If I pop a new unit in and still don't have proper boost I'm going to be VERY puzzled!

Old 11-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Okay, after finding two no voice mail calls on my phone I looked up the number and it was NOPI trying to reach me. No email either... Called and it seems they are out of stock and have NO idea when they will get stock in. WTF?!

Does ANY vendor have these in stock at a reasonable price? NOPIS shipped was $348, Vivid was a little higher but not much. More than one vendor is over $400 - that's nutz. anyone actually HAVE stock on this? I want black, I'd settle for silver. I have a friend in Japan, I may have to call him <sigh>

Old 11-03-2009, 05:38 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
thats pretty odd the most popular EBC by far and noone has stock hrm

Old 11-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Well, the two cheapest places I've found and Vivid did say they would be getting stock middle of the month. NOPI however said that they spoke to Greddy and that THEY had no stock and NO ETA either. If I didn't already have the wiring in place for this unit I might consider others but this one is all set to go other than not working. If I swap it and it STILL doesn't work I'll cry :-O

Old 11-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
There's a reason they're on backorder (one of their largest dealers must have ordered their remaining inventory...). We've got plenty in stock, check PM I'll take care of ya in the AM.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Thumbs up

Thank you Wes! I will be ringing you up in the AM, I am very happy to hear you've got stock! Will be very nice to finally have this bad boy back to rocking

Update: Profec B on the way from Titan, much thanks to Wes and Bottle! I might not get it this week, probably early next week. Look forward to getting off of W/G boost! Scratch that! Just got a shipping invoice and tracking number - it will be here FRIDAY! Now that is some awesome turn around time, thank you Titan!!

Last edited by BLKMGK; 11-04-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Okay, Titan came through bigtime! Package showed up today just days after I ordered it, packed great, and complete. All I had to do was unplug the other and plug this head unit in - as soon as I applied pressure with the Mityvac the solenoid in back went nutz! Swapped in the other unit and nothing! Popped the cover off the old one, lots of surface mount stuff, some test points which were interesting, and nothing obvious cooked. I have some friends who may look it over, something cooked the circuit that drives the solenoid. Wonder if Greddy will repair it? I look forward to driving it SOON! The boost ought to be back now, thank you Titan!

Old 11-06-2009, 07:18 PM
basupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nice
Thats great to hear Jim!!! I meant to call you last week about this and TOTALLY forgot, sorry.
Keep us posted, and I'm sure this fixed it!! Also, be careful if its cold outside when you first get into boost...that B.C. liked to spike when it was cold.

Tim

Old 11-06-2009, 07:43 PM
great man hope u can get boost again

Old 11-06-2009, 07:51 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
is she running healthy now ? all taken care of ?

Old 11-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by unvmy996
is she running healthy now ? all taken care of ?
Not been on the road yet, traffic on Fridays is nasty! It's also gotten a bit chilly and as Tim pointed out I don't want to spike boost. I've got the limit set reasonably low and the safety set aggressively, modifiers are also set conservatively. Considering the solenoid wasn't doing ANYTHING before and is now clicking merrily along I feel certain that this is my solution at last! Perhaps late tonight I'll go out. I'll certainly report back, stock boost sucks!!!

Update: Ding! Ding! Winnah! Okay, had to be a bit more aggressive on the Set Gain than I expected - 57% - but it seems to hold pretty well at 1.2BAR. It's quite cool edging on frost so we'll see how it does on a warmer day. I have Gain at like 10% as I recall, and Start Boost (where it begins opening) at 1.2BAR, the warning at 1.28BAR with the limiter at like 15%. Going to have play some but 30mins of blasts on a local divided 3lane at this hour was all I was willing to do. I thought guys doing 60-130 blasts were a little nuts but umm I think I just did that about 5 times over! Nice to see boost numbers finally go over .8BAR on the dash

Last edited by BLKMGK; 11-06-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:48 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Good to know your problem is fixed. Now go out and have some fun!