996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My 2nd DE at Putnam Park RC (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 07:15 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
My 2nd DE at Putnam Park RC (pics)

Had a blast this past weekend. The weather cleared up Sat afternoon and got some really good runs in! Learned a lot and really had a blast with the car. The car really hooked up well in the cool weather and the turbos really liked the temps!

Down the straight other cars looked like they were hitting their brakes!

Learned how to throttle steer and was flying through the curves! Kept up with the Cayman's no problem this session! Actually, I didn't get passed the whole weekend! Sliding the car through the turns and modulating the throttle to point the nose was really fun!

My instructor, Charles Turner, was awesome! Quite like a drill sgt and taught me a lot and a new line in a few turns that I really liked! Jon (FAST FWD), my previous instructor, stopped by Sunday and got to hang out and go for a ride! Great to see him again as well! Both super nice people and great instructors!

Can't wait for the next DE!

Here are some pics:

Me and my baby girl!

My instructor, Charles and his fast Subaru

Passing a 911

You like my graphics? People either love 'em or hate 'em. Had many positive comments:

Some cool hardware at the track:

Ah man I loved this Camaro. The guy did a super nice job on the body:

And this guy didn't make it out of turn 10. Ouch:

Actually had lots of spins this weekend and two cars in turn 10 rails... Lots of action.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:28 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
great pics... looks like some nice cars were out there... how did your car do?

Old 10-26-2009, 08:21 PM
madduc is a jewel in the roughmadduc is a jewel in the roughmadduc is a jewel in the rough
Looks like a great time! And I like the graphics too!!

Old 10-26-2009, 08:28 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slavik
great pics... looks like some nice cars were out there... how did your car do?
Yeah there were a good variety of cars! A car show and track event at the same time!

The car did awesome! For stock suspension and street tires, it really moves around the curves! I was hitting around 135-140 at the end of the straight. I could have done more, but I was struggling with turn 1 and didn't want to press my luck too much more!

Old 10-26-2009, 08:34 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
man.... i wish i was there.....

Old 10-26-2009, 08:44 PM
legendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud of
nice pics!

Old 10-26-2009, 09:44 PM
outerbank is infamous around these parts
Great pics and glad you had fun!!

It hurts to see the GT-2.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:23 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by raineycd
Yeah there were a good variety of cars! A car show and track event at the same time!

The car did awesome! For stock suspension and street tires, it really moves around the curves! I was hitting around 135-140 at the end of the straight. I could have done more, but I was struggling with turn 1 and didn't want to press my luck too much more!
sounds like your car was moving... now imagine what you could do with a proper suspension...

Old 10-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Supercollider is a jewel in the roughSupercollider is a jewel in the roughSupercollider is a jewel in the roughSupercollider is a jewel in the rough
DE days have become my latest passion - I did every one this year, and now the season is over until next spring. Can't wait, but need to replace the tires and think about some an exhaust, chip, and intake.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Supercollider
DE days have become my latest passion - I did every one this year, and now the season is over until next spring. Can't wait, but need to replace the tires and think about some an exhaust, chip, and intake.
Yep it is addicting! I am certainly hooked and planning my winter mods!