996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Ruf Rt 12

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 06:41 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by bppump911
You are a bigger nag than my ex-wife. BTW, do you own a Porsche, or are you just a board troll? Just more lively discussion. Now I know you'll want the last word (just as any woman does) so here's your chance.

look at the situation that came up. You called a car a boy racer. I asked you why, you then said cause it's a rustang and then proceeded to spit out other stuff that was just absurd (although your opinion, which I respect). I never once attacked you, called you any name or such. I was just looking for a good healthy conversation, something you just said you yourself wanted. I'd still like to finish that conversation on why you think it isn't a real supercar.

As I said, you are the one that curled up and put his tail inbetween his legs

I could be nice and say grow a pair, but it appears your ex wife took them in the settlement (okay, i had to get a little personal )

maybe you should take your own advice

Originally posted by bppump911
There has been too much flaming on this board when someone expresses their opinion. No opinion on this board is any more valid then anotther. Yes, to everyone, lighten up and let's just have lively (but polite) discussions.

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 12-01-2004 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:42 AM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
Back on Topic...........

I've posted the RT12 Specs on the 997 Forum.

Guy

Old 12-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Guy
Back on Topic...........

I've posted the RT12 Specs on the 997 Forum.

Guy
Because I can't be the only lazy *** here that never makes it all the way over to the 997 forum, I reposted your great piece. It is a turbo afterall.

Ruf RT12 - Full Specs
Full specs :

The new RUF Rt 12
The new dimension of driving pleasure

The new dimension of driving pleasure has a name: RUF Rt 12. This high performance sports car is the perfect combination of high end performance and every day use.
The biturbo engines show the next evolutionary step of the RUF engine techno-logy. Three different performance steps are available: 530 bhp, 560 bhp and 650 bhp. The 650 bhp 3.8 liter engine is a new con-struction, which sets a new benchmark in performance and torque. 2WD is standard but 4WD is available on request.

The aerodynamic characteristics of the car are improved with RUF-developed front – and rear bumpers, rear spoiler and side mirrors. The air intakes for the intercoolers are
integrated in the wider rear fenders. The RUF Rt 12 is launched with the latest evolution of the RUF 5-spoke alloy wheels in a striking 19“ design at the front axle and
20” at the rear axle. The brake system has big drilled and ventilated discs and fixed light alloy monobloc callipers. The suspension is engineered for a maximum speed of more than 219 mph.

Available as an option is a special RUF sports suspension, which can be lifted hydraulically into a 50 millimetre higher position in order to get more ground
clearance for easier parking and garage entrances.
The interior of the Rt 12 has well known RUF-functionalism. Bucket seats and a handy sports steering wheel provide the best ergonomics for a sporty and non tiring drive.

The RUF instrumentation with the green typeface and the “Pepita” cloth in the middle of the bucket seats bring the flair of the 50s and 60s sports cars into a modern cockpit. Aluminium parts and details painted in the body colour provide the mix of classic and modern.

The Rturbo is also available with the latest version of the RUF Integrated Roll Cage (IRC) – leather/alcantara trimmed and very unobtrusive.

Specifications RUF Rt 12
Engine:
- Water-cooled 6-cylinder Boxer
- 8 main bearing crankshaft
- Double overhead camshafts per cylinder bank
- 4 valves per cylinder – hydraulically actuated with variable valve timing
- Water-cooled with three radiators and a water-oil heat exchanger
- Dry sump lubrication system with separate oil tank
- Electronic Bosch fuel injection
- Twin KKK turbochargers with integrated wastegates and 3-way catalytic converters
- Broke x Stroke of 100.0 mm x 76.4 mm
- Oil capacity (including filter) of 12 litres
- Water capacity of 22 litres
- Fuel requirement of premium unleaded 98 ROZ
- Performance: 560 bhp,maximum torque 790 Nm

Options:
530 bhp, maximum torque 750 Nm
650 bhp, maximum torque 870 Nm

Transmission:
- Rear wheel drive
(Four wheel drive is an optional extra)
- Six-speed manual with customer-specified gear ratios

Chassis:
- RUF sports suspension: fully adjustable in ride height and stiffness
Option: RUF sports suspension, hydraulically adjustable in height up to 50 millimetres
- RUF alloy wheels:
front 9”x 19” with 255/35 ZR 19 Pirelli tyres
rear 12.5”x 20” with 345/25 ZR 20 Pirelli tyres
Brakes:
- Front and rear inner ventilated discs
- ABS-System
- Monobloc-Aluminium-Calipers

Body:
- Electrically variable RUF rear spoiler
- RUF front spoiler
- RUF side mirrors
- RUF wider rear fenders with integrated intercooler air intakes
Interior:
- RUF instrumentation
- RUF 3 spoke leather steering wheel with airbag
- RUF sport bucket seats

Performance:
- Top speed more than 219 mph
(subject to gear ratios / engine output choice)
- 0 – 100 km/h in 3.7 seconds

Old 12-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Porsche Tech is just really nicePorsche Tech is just really nicePorsche Tech is just really nicePorsche Tech is just really nice
That's the most beautiful 993 i've ever seen!!! Seriously though, seems most who loved the 993 love the 997- i think the RT12 has taken those styling cues a step farther. The 996TT looks great but i think the RT12 trumps it and great power options too. Oh well, maybe next Christmas...

Old 12-02-2004, 09:34 PM
carnut is infamous around these parts
Anyone know the prices?

Old 12-03-2004, 04:29 AM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
Last base price 996 RT was 189,000 Euros which is about $250,000, so it's likely that prices for the RT12 will start at about $250,000. The top power models will probably exceed $300,000.

Old 12-03-2004, 09:35 AM
RufTurbo is infamous around these parts
shame on the dollar @1.33:1 Euro. not long ago in the past 20 months it was at like 1.09. Would have saved close to $50,000