996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I'm back in a Porsche.....GT2!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
Scott, are you running this car on C16 only or do you run lower boost on pump. What sort of boost levels are you seeing?
Low boost on 93, Mid boost on 100-104, high boost on C16. I'll determine boost levels I'm comfortable with after I get it.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTDeux
Welcome to the GT2 club.

Now you will understand firsthand what all the fuss is about, and why you can't compare a GT2 to a Turbo. A GT2 is SO MUCH MORE than a stripped out Turbo with RWD. You will see... enjoy it in good health, and if you track it (on a real racetrack not a drag strip) be sure to respect it before trying to manhandle it.

Since you have all the power you need in this car, perhaps you may want to invest in a nice suspension upgrade!
Thanks, bro...I'm looking forward finding out what the fuss is all-about.

Suspension may be down the road, for sure!

Old 10-29-2009, 10:14 AM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Congrats man! Glad to see you get your dream car.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:20 AM
OS, JHuang, Shotcaller, S-351....thank you uts! It's great to be back.

JHuang...you sold your car?! That was fast!!

Old 10-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Congrats Scott, I know you've missed being in P-car. Congrats on your intestinal fortitude to be able to wait it out until the perfect car came along! Can't wait to see the pix and hear the list of what's on the car. Also the turbos, are they 71s or 76's?

Thanks, bro. It was difficult, sometimes unbearable!

Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Scott,

Congrats on the purchase! White + Gt2 + Proto + 7k miles + black/red stitching = winning combination!

Congrats on being back stateside as well!

Edwin
Edwin - thanks. It's good to be home!

Originally Posted by heavychevy
Knew you couldn't stay away for long. I thought that MTI Z06 would hold you over for a little longer though. Should be a good race between the two cars.
Dez - Thanks! I'm thinking the GT2 will be noticeably quicker, but we'll see.

Just so know...I had a really hard time deciding between this and a GT-R.

**Just kidding**

( no offense, Peter

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-29-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Str8blst, 9 Eleven, Seal Grey: thank you very much. I'm pretty excited! I feel like a 18 year old on X-mas eve.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
I am not jealous, I am not jealous, I am not jealous...

I have to keep repeating this to myself as the friends around me acquire some
awsome cars !! Just kidding Scott, Congrats and welcome back to the family
of German engineering.

MK
Marty - Thanks, brother. Looking forward to seeing you in TX this year. Also, thanks for helping me make up my mind.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:42 AM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
congrats Scott.............now go put some miles on that thing!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Pallette, Sambo, 335 - I appreciate the congrats, guys. Thanks.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by drjoe
congrats Scott.............now go put some miles on that thing!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, Joe! Once I get it, I definitely will.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:52 AM
DJM
DJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really nice
Congrats Scott, glad to see you back in a Pcar, back when I used to lurk, I always looked forward to reading and following your progress on your old car, I am sure it will be the same with your new one.

Josh

Old 10-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Cayman718 is infamous around these parts
Hot color combo. Can't wait to see the pics.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:00 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
BTW Scott does this mean we will start seeing Video again??

Old 10-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Congrats Scott! You got yourself a real beast there!

I need to hurry up so I can keep up with the Divexxtreme's! It's going to be a battle for the stock bottom end records, but I think you have the advantage due to weight

Old 10-29-2009, 12:01 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
All I have to say is that The Mile will be EPIC next March. I'll have to get my **** together between now and then.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm back in a Porsche.....GT2!!