996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Saleen S7?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 06:41 PM
bppump911 is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Saleen S7?

Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
I don't think it's one of those "if you have to ask" questions.

What makes this piece any different then a mosler, Koenigsegg, enzo, CGT or any other supercar out there
umm...because its a rustang!?!?!

Old 11-30-2004, 06:42 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
great response

ignorance is bliss sometimes isn't it.

What exactly is "rustang" about it? Other then the motor, which is undeniably still one of the top motors around the world, whether you like it or not

and actually looking at the new specs, it doesn't even share the motor, although it's still based on the modular ford.

another edit, it's a fully blue printed motor only produced by saleen, don't know exactly what it shares w/ the modular ford, can't find that info

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 11-30-2004 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:43 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Saleen S7?

Originally posted by bppump911
umm...because its a rustang!?!?!

Then that makes the Mosler a Corvette, the Zonda a Mercedes and the Mclaren F1 a BMW. While I don't like the S7 much myself, your logic is flawed IMHO.

Old 11-30-2004, 06:45 PM
Enough dude, It's no Ferrari, It's no Porsche, it's no Lamborghini; and it's guaranteed to get you laughed out of the room due to it has no heritage. (F1 etc..)

just my opinion, so enuff.

Old 11-30-2004, 06:48 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Enough dude, It's no Ferrari, It's no Porsche, it's no Lamborghini; and it's guaranteed to get you laughed out of the room due to it has no heritage. (F1 etc..)

so that is what it makes a boy racer, and what makes it a rustang?

Saleen has a pretty hefty racing history, the S7 has done strong in racing itself, I don't see the CGT or Enzo out there doing it. If i'm not mistaken p-cars don't have any F1 experience either. But according to you, it's a rustang, fords racing heritage speaks for itself

I can understand not liking it, but your logic behind it is all over the place.

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 11-30-2004 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:48 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Saleen S7?

Originally posted by ZAMIRZ
Then that makes the Mosler a Corvette, the Zonda a Mercedes and the Mclaren F1 a BMW. While I don't like the S7 much myself, your logic is flawed IMHO.

although, from reading all the specs on the car now, nothing is shared from ford it seems

Old 11-30-2004, 06:50 PM
so that is what it makes a boy racer, and what makes it a rustang?

Saleen has a pretty hefty racing history btw

I can understand not liking it, but your logic behind it is all over the place
YEAH! I loved the Saleen at Monaco in 1963!

Old 11-30-2004, 06:52 PM
YEAH! I loved the Saleen at Monaco in 1963!

so just because it's not old and hasn't been around forever means it's not a contendor? I don't recall seeing lambo there

again, good logic

what room is this thing gonna get you laughed out of? It's a solid exotic that can hold it's own. To laugh at it would be ignorance.

FYI, saleen is a 6 time manufacturer champ in GT sports car racing

as I've said, if you don't like it, that's totally fine. But your logic behind it seems a little skewed

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 11-30-2004 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:59 PM
Parker is infamous around these parts
bro don't mind this troll crap. Saleen's automotive ingeniuty and race heritage speaks for itself. You know who you're dealing with when they talk crap about it being a ford. Ignore the runt!!!

Old 11-30-2004, 07:07 PM
I pretty much came to that conclusion when I heard his reaction to fast 4 door luxury cars

learn something cool everyday, anyone know about this?
The Saleen S7 is to feature a new type of braking system from Newtech. The revolutionary full-contact brake system will be installed as original equipment on the 2002 Saleen S7 supercar, making Saleen the brake company's first OE customer.
The full-contact brake system, fully developed by NewTech and its French affiliates, is composed of sensors and an Intelligent Braking System (IBS) and a radically different single, circular pad that distributes pressure over the full 360-degree surface of the disc.

Compared to conventional brakes that use pads to apply pressure to only a small percentage of the disc, the NewTech brake is much higher performing, virtually fade-free, costs less to install and produce and is much more durable.

Under the agreement, Saleen will handle the certification process by conducting an extensive road-testing program. NewTech, meanwhile, will continue to develop its braking system to meet the needs of its customers, to whom it sells the system under licensing agreement.

Old 11-30-2004, 07:15 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Who gives a **** if it has race heritage or not? Out on a track, when it blows your doors off, that means nothing.

Old 11-30-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by allanlambo
Who gives a **** if it has race heritage or not? Out on a track, when it blows your doors off, that means nothing.
exactly why I thought his logic was flawed, that and the fact saleen has some good racing heritage

and FYI, I wasn't knocking the lambo Allan :P

Old 11-30-2004, 07:44 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute

just my opinion, so enuff.
Considering the Saleen competes in the ALMS GTS class competing against the 550's,575's, Vettes and the token Lambo, I hardly call that no heritage. Perhaps the Saleen does not meet your garage poseur needs...but in the real world it's a top peformer in the exotic car arena....

nuff said

Old 11-30-2004, 08:59 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
I pretty much came to that conclusion when I heard his reaction to fast 4 door luxury cars

learn something cool everyday, anyone know about this?
The Saleen S7 is to feature a new type of braking system from Newtech. The revolutionary full-contact brake system will be installed as original equipment on the 2002 Saleen S7 supercar, making Saleen the brake company's first OE customer.
The full-contact brake system, fully developed by NewTech and its French affiliates, is composed of sensors and an Intelligent Braking System (IBS) and a radically different single, circular pad that distributes pressure over the full 360-degree surface of the disc.

Compared to conventional brakes that use pads to apply pressure to only a small percentage of the disc, the NewTech brake is much higher performing, virtually fade-free, costs less to install and produce and is much more durable.

Under the agreement, Saleen will handle the certification process by conducting an extensive road-testing program. NewTech, meanwhile, will continue to develop its braking system to meet the needs of its customers, to whom it sells the system under licensing agreement.
Do I know about it? How do you think I got to sit in the car? My dad designs those brakes. . Too small of a world? Do a quick google to see where Newtech's located.

edit, to answer your question, "bad timing". Saleen got in touch with Newtech very late (his car was ready, that's a month before the S7R participated at LeMans for the first time) and there just wasn't enough time to make things perfect for street use, although there has been an S7 with such brakes, and it has ran in Willow Springs (the S7R, not S7). I'll try to dig up some pictures if you want. Since then, Newtech has been concentrating more seriously on the truck market ... you can't R&D for ever ... and the truck market is more open to innovation than cars can be.

re-edit : pics
Race trim

And Show trim ... sorry for the bad pics ... old camera+low light = crap

FYI, this is the car that owned the Motorola Cup the season it participated, with Newtech Brakes ... Porsche always on top, I guess

Last edited by Z0RR0; 11-30-2004 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:48 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
The S7 looks fast standing still. And it has the numbers to back it up. If I had the money to drop on a race car for the street, the S7 might be at the top of my list....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Saleen S7?